voxxpopulisuxx from SD

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-01-2014, 09:19 PM
RE: voxxpopulisuxx from SD
(01-01-2014 12:36 PM)voxxpopulisuxx Wrote:  I simply am looking for why good things are to be prefered. I concede with you that Good should always be promoted. I just want to know why?

Here, householders, a noble disciple reflects thus: 'I am one who wishes to live, who does not wish to die; I desire happiness and am averse to suffering. Since I am one who wishes to live, who does not wish to die; who desires happiness and is averse to suffering; if someone were to take my life, that would not be pleasing and agreeable to me. Now if I were to take the life of another -- of one who wishes to live, who does not wish to die, who desires happiness and is averse to suffering--that would not be pleasing and agreeable to the other either. What is displeasing and disagreeable to me is displeasing and disagreeable to the other too. How can I inflict upon another what is displeasing and disagreeable to me?' Having reflected thus, he himself abstains from the destruction of life, exhorts others to abstain from the destruction of life, and speaks in praise of abstinence from the destruction of life. Thus this bodily conduct of his is purified in three respects.

"Furthermore, householders, a noble disciple reflects thus: 'If someone were to take from me what I have not given, that is, to commit theft, that would not be pleasing and agreeable to me. Now if I were to take from another what he has not given, that is, to commit theft, that would not be pleasing and agreeable to the other either. What is displeasing and disagreeable to me is displeasing and disagreeable to the other too. How can I inflict upon another what is displeasing and disagreeable to me?' Having reflected thus, he himself abstains from taking what is not given, exhorts others to abstain from taking what is not given, and speaks in praise of abstinence from taking what is not given. Thus this bodily conduct of his is purified in three respects.

"Furthermore, householders, a noble disciple reflects thus: 'If someone were to commit adultery with my wives, that would not be pleasing and agreeable to me. Now if I were to commit adultery with the wives of another, that would not be pleasing and agreeable to the other either. What is displeasing and disagreeable to me is displeasing and disagreeable to the other too. How can I inflict upon another what is displeasing and disagreeable to me?' Having reflected thus, he himself abstains from sexual misconduct, exhorts others to abstain from sexual misconduct, and speaks in praise of abstinence from sexual misconduct. Thus this bodily conduct of his is purified in three respects.

"Furthermore, householders, a noble disciple reflects thus: 'If someone were to damage my welfare with false speech, that would not be pleasing and agreeable to me. Now if I were to damage the welfare of another with false speech, that would not be pleasing and agreeable to the other either. What is displeasing and disagreeable to me is displeasing and disagreeable to the other too. How can I inflict upon another what is displeasing and disagreeable to me?' Having reflected thus, he himself abstains from false speech, exhorts others to abstain from false speech, and speaks in praise of abstinence from false speech. Thus this verbal conduct of his is purified in three respects.

"Furthermore, householders, a noble disciple reflects thus: 'If someone were to divide me from my friends by divisive speech, that would not be pleasing and agreeable to me. Now if I were to divide another from his friends by divisive speech, that would not be pleasing and agreeable to the other either. What is displeasing and disagreeable to me is displeasing and disagreeable to the other too. How can I inflict upon another what is displeasing and disagreeable to me?' Having reflected thus, he himself abstains from divisive speech, exhorts others to abstain from divisive speech, and speaks in praise of abstinence from divisive speech. ' Thus this verbal conduct of his is purified in three respects.

"Furthermore, householders, a noble disciple reflects thus: 'If someone were to address me with harsh speech, that would not be pleasing and agreeable to me. Now if I were to address another with harsh speech, that would not be pleasing and agreeable to the other either What is displeasing and disagreeable to me is displeasing and disagreeable to the other too. How can I inflict upon another what is displeasing and disagreeable to me?' Having reflected thus, he himself abstains from harsh speech, exhorts others to abstain from harsh speech, and speaks in praise of abstinence from harsh speech. ' Thus this verbal conduct of his is purified in three respects.

"Furthermore, householders, a noble disciple reflects thus: 'If someone were to address me with frivolous speech and idle chatter, that would not be pleasing and agreeable to me. Now if I were to address another with frivolous speech and idle chatter, that would not be pleasing and agreeable to the other either. What is displeasing and disagreeable to me is displeasing and disagreeable to the other too. How can I inflict upon another what is displeasing and disagreeable to me?' Having reflected thus, he himself abstains from idle chatter, exhorts others to abstain from idle chatter, and speaks in praise of abstinence from idle chatter. Thus this verbal conduct of his is purified in three respects."

---the Buddha, Veludvareyya Sutta (Discourse to the People of Bamboo Gate)

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-01-2014, 09:27 PM
(01-01-2014 01:07 PM)voxxpopulisuxx Wrote:  But the question stands is it possible to prove a lack of conscience?

Sure. Just look at any one of the legion of the child-rapists that your church world's largest organized pedophile ring harbors and protects. And at the people who protect and foster their perversions, cover up for them, and keep them from justice, right up to your Poop(s).

02-01-2014, 09:34 PM
(01-01-2014 03:26 PM)voxxpopulisuxx Wrote:  
(01-01-2014 03:01 PM)Jayne Wrote:  I am not an American and I know more about Ronald Reagan as an actor than as a president. (Did you know that he was not originally cast in Humphrey Bogart's role in Casa Blanca, as is commonly believed?) I have no clue what he said about Republicans.

I also have no clue whether you are a faithful Catholic. I can't read your mind. I do know that you cannot write coherently or grammatically and that you have no business trying to represent Catholicism to non-Catholics. I am not saying this to be mean or to hurt your feelings. You are not helping the Church and are probably harming her.
Ronald Reagans 11th commandment was that one never speaks ill of other republicans weather you agree with them or not.

For you to say that you have NO clue whether I am a faithful Catholic proves that it is YOUR type of catholicism...the pharassie that demands correct spelling and perfect manners ...well in my experience where Im from that keeps the barriers up for some. As I said I never pretend to be holy...I am not....I am real person...un educated...a constructionworker by trade. I come from a divorced family and tragedy and drug abuse...so I have personal faults...but I am always real...I say what I really think...not what I think will make me look good to others.
And for the record Jayne how many converts have been directly facilitated by your direct input and apologetic s or charity? Give me a number of any that you know of. This is not to boast but to simply ask you if your methods are so much more catholic and effective then of course your results should prove you out.
I am here simply wanting to discuss one problem that both theists and atheists can recognise....evil. You are here apparently to attack me and get your self noticed. Now are we done or do feel the need to further undermine me? Because Im quite capable rising or falling without your help...belive it or not.

So you come from the Fred Phelps School of apologetics. Check.

03-01-2014, 01:28 AM
You do know the guy probably won't be back...right Taq? Even if he does return, I doubt he'd bother to read any of this.

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

03-01-2014, 09:32 AM
I like how they IP banned some of us...

Guys, we actually caused them to change their whole moderation process.

All because they wanted to act like dicks to people who weren't Catholics... despite us not being hostile.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
03-01-2014, 10:08 AM
(03-01-2014 09:32 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  I like how they IP banned some of us...

All because they wanted to act like dicks to people who weren't Catholics... despite us not being hostile.
I'm going to create a fake account as a lonely 9 year old choir boy looking for some company ... (dark) ... I bet they let me on and pm me their home addresses! Hahaha

A man blames his bad childhood on leprechauns. He claims they don't exist, but yet still says without a doubt that they stole all his money and then killed his parents. That's why he became Leprechaun-Man

Im_Ryan forum member
03-01-2014, 10:08 AM
(01-01-2014 10:54 AM)voxxpopulisuxx Wrote:  
(01-01-2014 10:50 AM)Slowminded Wrote:  Save your preaching for someone who cares.
Im not preaching you can go drop dead..wouldnt phase me...Im simply showing you how certain responses are well withing Christian doctrine...take it or leave it.

The love of Christ is strong with this one.
[+] 2 users Like RobbyPants's post
03-01-2014, 10:11 AM
(03-01-2014 09:32 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  I like how they IP banned some of us...

I had that sort of happen to me at another Christian forum, despite me following their ToS very carefully (even when their own members did not). I wasn't banned, per se, but several mods started questioning me and interpreting their ToS very creatively, so I was proactive and just left.

I'm not saying this is a Christian thing specifically, but just a similar anecdote. They also didn't do well with Christians with "non-standard" beliefs. The mods there just don't like the boat being rocked.
[+] 1 user Likes RobbyPants's post
03-01-2014, 08:09 PM
(03-01-2014 01:28 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  You do know the guy probably won't be back...right Taq? Even if he does return, I doubt he'd bother to read any of this.

Yeah, but he said he would, and is "banned" right now there I think, so.....might as well....

03-01-2014, 08:13 PM

As always KC this speaks more about them, their fears, their ideals and their processes than it speaks of you.

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post