voxxpopulisuxx from SD

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-01-2014, 12:27 PM
RE: voxxpopulisuxx from SD
(01-01-2014 12:16 PM)voxxpopulisuxx Wrote:  
(01-01-2014 11:52 AM)Foxen Wrote:  Frankly, if you did not care, as you seem to keep mentioning, clearly you do actually care or else you would not be here and you would not continually mention it. The reason you continue to mention that you do not care is due to the fact that the thought of you actually caring is at the foremost of your thoughts, and stating the lie that you do not care is a continuation of the self-delusion all theists have trapped themselves into with their fairy tale beliefs.
ooooooorrrrrrr,Rolleyes
I dont care that you and others think Im not being Chritslike
I dont care if you think Im a prick etc etc. I do care about the truth. I dont care if you think I have it or know it...nor do I care if you find it or become saved...that is not my business.

Well , that pretty much ends the conversation, nothing more should be said after that statement.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-01-2014, 12:27 PM
(01-01-2014 12:23 PM)voxxpopulisuxx Wrote:  These are the questions you cant answer.

You claim that, but you don't *know* that. Sounds similar to the ludicrous crap about 'science cannot explain X' so beloved of peddlers of woo.

It's very simple to answer anyway. We prefer good because we like it that way.

Why do *you* prefer good ? Because of God ? Do you mean to say that without your belief in God you'd be a murderous evil scumbag ?

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
01-01-2014, 12:28 PM
(01-01-2014 11:55 AM)War Horse Wrote:  Damn, this just got confusing with 2 threads going...... carry on Rolleyes
Yeah I was confused too because I didnt know my comments were relocated at first I thought they got bumped.
01-01-2014, 12:28 PM
(01-01-2014 12:26 PM)voxxpopulisuxx Wrote:  so you have religion as well and you are religious

False, but thank you for playing the semantics game. Please, try again.
[+] 1 user Likes Foxen's post
01-01-2014, 12:29 PM
So you believe that evil is some kind of matter, or some force? Is there a boson of evil?

Or are you happy to accept a definition of evil as "increased or maximised harm or suffering"? If you are happy to work with that kind of definition then I'm sure we could make some progress. You ask "why not promote evil", ie "why not promote increased or maximised harm or suffering"? To what end would I promote such a thing? The consequence of promoting it would be reduced individual harm and suffering as well as reduced cohesion of society as a whole. Obviously I want to do things that are good for the society that was first good to me and continues to be good to me. I want to help others in that society and do good to them.

Why would I wish others harm? All that would do is cause me harm in return. I prefer less harm and less suffering, so I have every reason to think the same is true of others in society and that this is the best outcome for society as a whole.

Do you disagree? Do you have a reason I should be harming others that I should be taking into consideration? Where do you think the evil thoughts that are driving you to want others to suffer are coming from?

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boson

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
[+] 1 user Likes Hafnof's post
01-01-2014, 12:31 PM
(01-01-2014 12:27 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(01-01-2014 12:23 PM)voxxpopulisuxx Wrote:  These are the questions you cant answer.

You claim that, but you don't *know* that. Sounds similar to the ludicrous crap about 'science cannot explain X' so beloved of peddlers of woo.

It's very simple to answer anyway. We prefer good because we like it that way.

Why do *you* prefer good ? Because of God ? Do you mean to say that without your belief in God you'd be a murderous evil scumbag ?
With or without God I am a murderous evil scumbag.
When I say that you cant answer them I didnt say you wouldnt try.
Your answer is "we" prefer good because "we" like it that way...is no answer.
01-01-2014, 12:31 PM
(01-01-2014 12:28 PM)voxxpopulisuxx Wrote:  
(01-01-2014 11:55 AM)War Horse Wrote:  Damn, this just got confusing with 2 threads going...... carry on Rolleyes
Yeah I was confused too because I didnt know my comments were relocated at first I thought they got bumped.

By the way, there are replies to the original thread as well which still kinda pertain to this conversation - in particular I replied to you...

(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
01-01-2014, 12:34 PM
(01-01-2014 12:31 PM)voxxpopulisuxx Wrote:  With or without God I am a murderous evil scumbag.
Yikes ?

Quote:Your answer is "we" prefer good because "we" like it that way...is no answer.
And your reason for rejecting it is... ?

01-01-2014, 12:36 PM
(01-01-2014 12:29 PM)Hafnof Wrote:  So you believe that evil is some kind of matter, or some force? Is there a boson of evil?

Or are you happy to accept a definition of evil as "increased or maximised harm or suffering"? If you are happy to work with that kind of definition then I'm sure we could make some progress. You ask "why not promote evil", ie "why not promote increased or maximised harm or suffering"? To what end would I promote such a thing? The consequence of promoting it would be reduced individual harm and suffering as well as reduced cohesion of society as a whole. Obviously I want to do things that are good for the society that was first good to me and continues to be good to me. I want to help others in that society and do good to them.

Why would I wish others harm? All that would do is cause me harm in return. I prefer less harm and less suffering, so I have every reason to think the same is true of others in society and that this is the best outcome for society as a whole.

Do you disagree? Do you have a reason I should be harming others that I should be taking into consideration? Where do you think the evil thoughts that are driving you to want others to suffer are coming from?

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boson
Now dont cheapen our discussion by pretending I said I wanted to harm anyone or anything. I simply am looking for why good things are to be prefered. I concede with you that Good should always be promoted. I just want to know why? Lets us both further agree that there are people who do want evil over good and prefer evil over good.
I actually think evil is undefinable while paradoxically recognizable. Do you agree?
01-01-2014, 12:38 PM
(01-01-2014 12:34 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(01-01-2014 12:31 PM)voxxpopulisuxx Wrote:  With or without God I am a murderous evil scumbag.
Yikes ?

Quote:Your answer is "we" prefer good because "we" like it that way...is no answer.
And your reason for rejecting it is... ?
because its circular.

sorry to frighten you I told you I dont consider myself good.