voxxpopulisuxx from SD

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-01-2014, 12:39 PM
RE: voxxpopulisuxx from SD
Isn't it bad enough that you convince all the atheists who come to SD that Catholics are stupid jerks? You have to come here and make a bad impression on even more. Go away.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like Jayne's post
(01-01-2014 12:31 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(01-01-2014 12:28 PM)voxxpopulisuxx Wrote:  Yeah I was confused too because I didnt know my comments were relocated at first I thought they got bumped.

By the way, there are replies to the original thread as well which still kinda pertain to this conversation - in particular I replied to you...
can you get it put here?
Morality in relation to good and evil is quite simple in its origins.

Anthropology has determined that primitive man realized it was more beneficial for the survival of the clan if their numbers were not decreased by something such as senseless murder.

No god required in a sound explanation of how morality arose in humanity.

Evil men simply have no conscience. No supernatural explanation required.
Religious people who claim they would not be good without god are mere sociopaths. No supernatural explanation required.
Good people are good for the sake of being good. No supernatural explanation required.
[+] 2 users Like Foxen's post
01-01-2014, 12:41 PM
RE: My short time on Suscipe Domine
(01-01-2014 11:47 AM)Anjele Wrote:  
(01-01-2014 11:34 AM)voxxpopulisuxx Wrote:  Wow South Carolina has a problem with me too? Thanks for the 411.
I consider it a honor to be insulted by you...please is that your best?

I lived in SC for 20 years, they don't like Catholics, even ex-Catholics...so, yeah, the whole state would have a problem with you.
Shame I love that State...its one of the most beautifull in the world.
01-01-2014, 12:44 PM
(01-01-2014 12:39 PM)Jayne Wrote:  Isn't it bad enough that you convince all the atheists who come to SD that Catholics are stupid jerks? You have to come here and make a bad impression on even more. Go away.

OH shit ! ROTFLMAO Laugh out load
[+] 3 users Like War Horse's post
Humans are social animals, and they have evolved to protect their species as well as their own. When these two conflict, wars and feuds and "evil" results.

That does not take the "sick" people into account, those who lack empathy and social conscience.

From what you have been posting, you definitely belong on the sick side.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
RE: My short time on Suscipe Domine
(01-01-2014 12:41 PM)voxxpopulisuxx Wrote:  
(01-01-2014 11:47 AM)Anjele Wrote:  I lived in SC for 20 years, they don't like Catholics, even ex-Catholics...so, yeah, the whole state would have a problem with you.
Shame I love that State...its one of the most beautifull in the world.

Not really, it's the armpit of America, unless you are on the coast in certain areas.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
01-01-2014, 12:45 PM
(01-01-2014 11:09 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(01-01-2014 10:58 AM)voxxpopulisuxx Wrote:  see but you are taking the moral highground and that is where your socalled system fails......you must first acknowledge the existance of a moral highground to take it!...all the while you scoff at the idea of a moral highground
[img][Image: animated-gifs-follow-the-ball_zps30a37282.gif][/img]

I believe that morality is subjective and an evolutionary effect. Thus I can read Leviticus and see it as a barbaric practice if it were used today but it makes sense for the people and the time. I consider equality and universal prosperity to be the highest ideals for humanity and base my morality around that. Basic Secular Humanist stuff really and you are right in that I consider that to be the best system. I however can defend my system without invoking some undefined higher power or making appeals to authority.
if you make no appeal to authority than all you assert is just a personal opinion and of no baring upon any other ...which further makes it silly for you to condemn or criticize ANY worldview....unless you hold your personal opinion as totally incapable of error.
01-01-2014, 12:49 PM
(01-01-2014 12:39 PM)Jayne Wrote:  Isn't it bad enough that you convince all the atheists who come to SD that Catholics are stupid jerks? You have to come here and make a bad impression on even more. Go away.
Well well I was wondering how long this would take. I suppose you never heard of Ronald Reagans 11th commandment about republicans (you know and apply it to Catholics). It is you my dear who by cutting my throat publicly here embarrass SD...unless you are prepared to say openly that I am not in fact a faithful Catholic.
01-01-2014, 12:49 PM
(01-01-2014 12:45 PM)voxxpopulisuxx Wrote:  
(01-01-2014 11:09 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  I believe that morality is subjective and an evolutionary effect. Thus I can read Leviticus and see it as a barbaric practice if it were used today but it makes sense for the people and the time. I consider equality and universal prosperity to be the highest ideals for humanity and base my morality around that. Basic Secular Humanist stuff really and you are right in that I consider that to be the best system. I however can defend my system without invoking some undefined higher power or making appeals to authority.
if you make no appeal to authority than all you assert is just a personal opinion and of no baring upon any other ...which further makes it silly for you to condemn or criticize ANY worldview....unless you hold your personal opinion as totally incapable of error.

This is why I don't try to force my morality onto others. Equality has known benefits to society at large and as far as politics go I tend to be results oriented so I favor a Scandinavian approach. From a Utilitarian approach it makes much more sense to limit government to issues that require government (healthcare national security welfare) and keep morality out of it. Don't like abortion or gay marriage then don't have one.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 2 users Like Revenant77x's post