warm and fuzzy

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-01-2013, 11:07 AM
Heart warm and fuzzy
I should preface this slightly by explaining we're not a huggy kinda family...We're close-knit but not in that gushy "i love you" kinda way...We're supportive and down-to-earth...we're not afraid of telling the truth either, but we don't micromanage him (we used to; like I guess most parents do when their kids are young).
Today is my son's birthday. He came downstairs and handed me a thank you card. It just said on the inside, "thanks for being my mom." Heart

I'm accepting it for what it is and I refuse to think..."what does he really want?" Tongue

Wind's in the east, a mist coming in
Like something is brewing and about to begin
Can't put my finger on what lies in store
but I feel what's to happen has happened before...

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
17-01-2013, 12:00 PM
RE: warm and fuzzy
D'awww....

That's frakking adorable. And yes, you can have ice cream for dinner and stay up all night with the Wii.
[+] 1 user Likes Seek_Kolinahr's post
17-01-2013, 12:30 PM
Well, halleluja! That's how it's supposed to be really, your son didn't give birth, you did.

I think all the birthdays belong to moms.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 3 users Like Dom's post
17-01-2013, 01:18 PM
Yes, I've been saying it for a long time. Why do we celibate the anniversary of the day our mother ejected us from her birth canal? She did all the work, maybe even some planning in there about starting a family, creating a nursery, etc., not to mention 9 months of pregnancy and all that labor pain (curse you, Eve!). Shouldn't we be celebrating her efforts and giving her a party with presents?

Looks like your son gets it.

"Whores perform the same function as priests, but far more thoroughly." - Robert A. Heinlein
17-01-2013, 01:24 PM
(17-01-2013 01:18 PM)Aseptic Skeptic Wrote:  Yes, I've been saying it for a long time. Why do we celibate the anniversary of the day our mother ejected us from her birth canal? She did all the work, maybe even some planning in there about starting a family, creating a nursery, etc., not to mention 9 months of pregnancy and all that labor pain (curse you, Eve!). Shouldn't we be celebrating her efforts and giving her a party with presents?

Amen, brother. No one should celibate anything, if you ask me.

And Mom, I think this is very sweet. Us, non-mushy types are better at the written word and such gestures anywayWink
Happy birthday to your kid, btw! [Image: d_birthday.gif]

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
[+] 2 users Like Vera's post
17-01-2013, 01:30 PM
Reminds me of the card my niece gave to her mother, my sister.

"Happy Birthday - You've been just like a mother to me."

Just makes you weep. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
17-01-2013, 01:33 PM
(17-01-2013 01:18 PM)Aseptic Skeptic Wrote:  Yes, I've been saying it for a long time. Why do we celibate the anniversary of the day our mother ejected us from her birth canal? She did all the work, maybe even some planning in there about starting a family, creating a nursery, etc., not to mention 9 months of pregnancy and all that labor pain (curse you, Eve!). Shouldn't we be celebrating her efforts and giving her a party with presents?

Her choice though. The kid doesn't have that choice... I see birthdays more as a sorry to the child. I could have saved a lot of hassle if I hadn't been born. Tongue

[Image: opforum1.png]
[+] 2 users Like frankiej's post
17-01-2013, 02:02 PM
For the non-touchy feely families out there, that card you got was the equivalent of a bear hug and an 'I love you' said out loud...in front of friends.

See here they are, the bruises, some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
17-01-2013, 02:14 PM
Hmmm, awkward typo. Maybe it's a Freudian slip, a product of my 3-year dry spell. Well, at least I have the internet...

(I challenge you to find me that emoticon...)

"Whores perform the same function as priests, but far more thoroughly." - Robert A. Heinlein
[+] 2 users Like Aseptic Skeptic's post
17-01-2013, 02:19 PM
Im reallly floating on air! Ok -- even tho I had told him I wouldn't -- I went out and bought the stuff to make his favorite meal, jambalaya! (husband and I are doing a low-carb diet and I'm allergic to shellfish). I'll just eat eggs for dinner and let him enjoy it.

Also, picked up some Ben and Jerry's for his dessert -- I doubt tho, he'll eat it tonight tho...

Husband is (mildly) grumbling -- too many carbs -- Only took the kid 19 years to learn how to kiss ass --I knew you'd cave and (finally) 'where the hell is "my" card?'

Wind's in the east, a mist coming in
Like something is brewing and about to begin
Can't put my finger on what lies in store
but I feel what's to happen has happened before...