[Image: enhanced-3435-1428637449-7.jpg]

[Image: oscar.png]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like earmuffs's post
01-08-2017, 11:02 AM
RE: wat
What? It's a beautiful piece of art.

Surely you can see complex ideas & emotional turmoil depicted in the work?

It's the amazing portrayal of a painful struggle between two people trying to live together in a house that they both love & hate but for different reasons. I can see the script being written right now for the Broadway show based on this artwork. They'll call it "Torn & Wasted"

Brings tears to my eyes...although that could also be the onions I'm cutting up right now. Weeping

Tongue

A friend in the hole

"If we're going to be damned, let's be damned for what we really are." - Captain Picard
[+] 2 users Like unsapien's post
01-08-2017, 11:20 AM
It looks like an abandoned house in Las Vegas that was once occupied by homeless people.
[+] 1 user Likes pablo's post
01-08-2017, 11:22 AM
It's this sort of absurd "art" that makes me wonder about the future of the human race. Or in this case, who's up who, and who's paying? No

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
01-08-2017, 12:48 PM
(01-08-2017 09:19 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  https://www.stuff.co.nz/entertainment/ar...-of-carpet

[Image: enhanced-3435-1428637449-7.jpg]

The Calvinist should've saved all that stuff from the flood and made art with it. $20,000 per ruined rug is good money.

#sigh
01-08-2017, 06:07 PM
ART
[Image: 958eca998b607ecf309a6bdc23cc595e--fashio...ashion.jpg]

[Image: 2ac760e65cc688326e54e77037239176--fashio...ashion.jpg]

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
[+] 3 users Like cactus's post
01-08-2017, 07:45 PM
Release some wolverines, hopped up on angel dust, into your apartment & you might make a fortune. Tongue

01-08-2017, 07:51 PM
Truly redefining the meaning of art, even though that has been done countless times before already.

[+] 1 user Likes GenesisNemesis's post
01-08-2017, 09:25 PM
The annoying thing is, I need $20,000 dollars. $20,000 to me would be like a year and a half - two years of saving. And this lady just threw some cut up carpet in a pile and got $20,000... wat... in a fucking 'drawing' contest too. I'm sure there was legit extremely talented people that entered too with really good drawings but nope, this talentless bitch won... wat... I feel like those actual talented people that entered got ripped off.

[Image: oscar.png]
01-08-2017, 11:34 PM (This post was last modified: 01-08-2017 11:41 PM by CleverUsername.)
Quote:Drawing, to me, it's not just about a pencil and paper. I'm using a knife and carpet and hanging it in a space to achieve the same ends.

That's wonderful. Winning the lottery, to me, is not about getting the right numbers, I'm presenting a ticket with different numbers to achieve the same ends. Ignoring what crud actually means is fun!

Why not just enter the stupid thing in a sculpture contest? Even if you're completely convinced it really fits with drawing, wouldn't a sculpture that invokes drawing actually be kind of an interesting entry in a sculpture contest? Or are you maybe worried that no one would ever look at this thing and thing "drawing" if you didn't put it in their head first?

Quote:While he hasn't made that decision yet, he did feel the piece constituted the requirements for the drawing competition.

It was "still lines, at the end of the day".

Yeah, hey, you know what else has lines if you're willing to take edges as lines? Literally everything. Yes

Who the hell even let this lady in? No one noticed "hey, this is a drawing contest and that person's hanging up carpet"?

By the way, here's the other finalists. Some are pretty lame, I think, but at least they're drawings. That one of the sitting guy looks amazing.

Popcorn I put more thought into fiction than theists put into reality.
[+] 1 user Likes CleverUsername's post