we were founded on Christianity!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-03-2016, 01:31 AM (This post was last modified: 17-03-2016 01:44 AM by purpledaisies.)
we were founded on Christianity!
For the past 2 days I've been debating a good friend of mines sister about being founded on Christianity.

She says we were I corrected her and said no we weren't and provided a link to the treaty of tripoli. She has been arguing with me for 2 days now and I keeping asking for proof of her claims but nothing just word salad. Finally she said there isn't any then said she would get me my proof then said she won't waste her time so she won't and she has better things to do.

Then again said she would find proof then again went back on it. Then said that she believes what she believes and I believe what I believe. And I won.

I told her that its not about winning but about facts and the fact is that we were not founded on religion and I provided proof as that. And the fact is that u have provided proof as of yet. And let me ask u if we were founded on religion would we have a treaty that says otherwise?

She came back with I'll provide you proof. Then no again and back and forth til she said, well I'll believe we were founded on Christianity .

I told her well you believe what you want and do what ever you that's the beauty of our country. You can believe what you want you just cant force others to obey your beliefs in the form of laws. And I will continue to correct misinformation when I see it so its not seen as truth.

She also tried to pull the bakers baking cakes on me and I shut that down too with antidiscrimation laws and why they were in the wrong. Then she tried to pull that Christians are losing their rights. I asked her to provide examples and nothing. Lol

I think I did very well.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 8 users Like purpledaisies's post
17-03-2016, 02:29 AM
RE: we were founded on Christianity!
Now she's telling me that its my opinion and not a correction. I told her that is a correction and I provided proof of it and that's not an opinion. Lol
17-03-2016, 03:39 AM
(17-03-2016 01:31 AM)purpledaisies Wrote:  For the past 2 days I've been debating a good friend of mines sister about being founded on Christianity.

She says we were I corrected her and said no we weren't and provided a link to the treaty of tripoli. She has been arguing with me for 2 days now and I keeping asking for proof of her claims but nothing just word salad. Finally she said there isn't any then said she would get me my proof then said she won't waste her time so she won't and she has better things to do.

Then again said she would find proof then again went back on it. Then said that she believes what she believes and I believe what I believe. And I won.

I told her that its not about winning but about facts and the fact is that we were not founded on religion and I provided proof as that. And the fact is that u have provided proof as of yet. And let me ask u if we were founded on religion would we have a treaty that says otherwise?

She came back with I'll provide you proof. Then no again and back and forth til she said, well I'll believe we were founded on Christianity .

I told her well you believe what you want and do what ever you that's the beauty of our country. You can believe what you want you just cant force others to obey your beliefs in the form of laws. And I will continue to correct misinformation when I see it so its not seen as truth.

She also tried to pull the bakers baking cakes on me and I shut that down too with antidiscrimation laws and why they were in the wrong. Then she tried to pull that Christians are losing their rights. I asked her to provide examples and nothing. Lol

I think I did very well.

A clear case of Confirmation Bias, methinks.

Marburg virus, Ebola, Rabies, HIV, Smallpox, Hantavirus, Dengue Fever all brought to you by god - who cares for us and loves us all Censored
[+] 1 user Likes god has no twitter account's post
17-03-2016, 04:42 AM
We weren't founded on christianity, christianity was founded on US! Cool

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 1 user Likes ClydeLee's post
17-03-2016, 04:59 AM
You'll find that "Christianity" is far more liquid than most Christians are willing to admit.

Ask a Baptist if a Catholic is a "real" xtian - and you're likely to get some hemming and hawing. Same goes, vice versa.

Then have some real fun and ask about the Mormons, the Jehovah's Witnesses and the Branch Dividians -

then the real sidestepping, verbal gymnastics and other fun forms of spin doctoring will ensue..........

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
17-03-2016, 07:59 AM
I think that the treaty is one thing that is important in this discussion as is the establishment clause itself. You can also point to specific contemporaneous statements by those that actually constructed the founding documents (e.g. Madison, Jefferson, etc.).

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored- Aldous Huxley
17-03-2016, 08:10 AM
The Roman Republic predates xianity by centuries.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
17-03-2016, 11:55 AM
I brought up jahova witness but so far nothing fr her. However another friend of hers says she feels sorry for me and need to give it up. Lol

I told her she can feel sorry me if she wants if it will make her feel better but I'll never give up on truth.
17-03-2016, 12:05 PM
You could remind her that the Pilgrims came here PRECISELY to escape religious tyranny in Europe, and be free to practice what they saw fit, and ESCAPE the Christians in England and Europe. "America founded on Christianity" is religious tyranny.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
17-03-2016, 12:11 PM (This post was last modified: 17-03-2016 12:14 PM by cjlr.)
(17-03-2016 12:05 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  You could remind her that the Pilgrims came here PRECISELY to escape religious tyranny in Europe, and be free to practice what they saw fit, and ESCAPE the Christians in England and Europe. "America founded on Christianity" is religious tyranny.

Let's be fair. The Puritans in New England wanted their own religious tyranny.

They didn't institute a death penalty for visiting Quaker preachers up from Pennsylvania for nothing.

EDIT:
Of course, to add, each of the original colonies had rather different stances on religion and freedom thereof. New Amsterdam didn't give a shit. The Carolinas and especially Virginia were pretty establishment (ie of the English aristocracy). Maryland started out Catholic. Pennsylvania was heavily Quaker but in practice by far the most tolerant. Etc...

... this is my signature!
[+] 3 users Like cjlr's post