we were founded on Christianity!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-03-2016, 04:16 PM (This post was last modified: 18-03-2016 04:23 PM by Old Man Marsh.)
RE: we were founded on Christianity!
(17-03-2016 01:51 PM)theophilus Wrote:  . The constitution does not prohibit the government favoring Christianity as a whole, although court decisions have in effect imposed such a prohibition.

Do we have to diagram the sentence for you?

"Congress (noun) shall pass (verb) no law (noun) respecting (adverb) an establishment (ADJECTIVE) of religion (noun),"

No religious establishments shall have laws passed respecting said religious establishments.

Contrary to popular belief, Congress can (if they wish), make up (establish) their own religion out of thin air. What they cannot do is pass a law that respects said invented religion in any way, nor can they force, prohibit, or otherwise dictate and control the practice of said congressional religion.

It's like people don't even read.

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Old Man Marsh's post
18-03-2016, 04:54 PM
(18-03-2016 04:16 PM)Old Man Marsh Wrote:  "Congress (noun) shall pass (verb) no law (noun) respecting (adverb) an establishment (ADJECTIVE) of religion (noun),"

I like the sentence diagrammatic approach. Maybe if we bring it down to 6th grade level they might grasp it. ... Probably not.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
18-03-2016, 05:00 PM
(18-03-2016 04:54 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(18-03-2016 04:16 PM)Old Man Marsh Wrote:  "Congress (noun) shall pass (verb) no law (noun) respecting (adverb) an establishment (ADJECTIVE) of religion (noun),"

I like the sentence diagrammatic approach. Maybe if we bring it down to 6th grade level they might grasp it. ... Probably not.

I like the "fish bone" sentence diagrams better. Yes
(Ah High School ... looking out the window, not paying attention). Weeping

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
18-03-2016, 05:02 PM
(17-03-2016 01:51 PM)theophilus Wrote:  The constitution does not prohibit the government favoring Christianity as a whole, although court decisions have in effect imposed such a prohibition.

It's fucking hilarious to watch people think they can interpret the Constitution better than oh, I don't know, Supreme Court Justices. They're too fucking arrogant to realize how fucking stupid they look.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
18-03-2016, 05:04 PM
(18-03-2016 03:59 PM)Brian37 Wrote:  JOHN ADAMS SIGNED THE BARBARY TREATY ARTICLE 11.....

"As the government of the United States of America is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion"........

Also it was written by the Washington Administration, and passed unanimously by the Senate, (then Adams signed it).
Jefferson literally chopped up the Bible, and rearranged it.
http://www.smithsonianmag.com/arts-cultu...e-5659505/

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
18-03-2016, 05:28 PM
(18-03-2016 05:02 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(17-03-2016 01:51 PM)theophilus Wrote:  The constitution does not prohibit the government favoring Christianity as a whole, although court decisions have in effect imposed such a prohibition.

It's fucking hilarious to watch people think they can interpret the Constitution better than oh, I don't know, Supreme Court Justices. They're too fucking arrogant to realize how fucking stupid they look.

And too fucking dumb to get that poses a threat TO THEM. If the government can "favor" Christianity *as a whole*, it can also "favor" Islam *as a whole*.
Facepalm

[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
18-03-2016, 05:33 PM
(18-03-2016 05:28 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(18-03-2016 05:02 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  It's fucking hilarious to watch people think they can interpret the Constitution better than oh, I don't know, Supreme Court Justices. They're too fucking arrogant to realize how fucking stupid they look.

And too fucking dumb to get that poses a threat TO THEM. If the government can "favor" Christianity *as a whole*, it can also "favor" Islam *as a whole*.
Facepalm

The Slack shall set them free.

18-03-2016, 05:39 PM
Quote: The constitution does not prohibit the government favoring Christianity as a whole, although court decisions have in effect imposed such a prohibition.

Which means, dummy, that the constitution DOES prohibit such favoritism as the courts are given the power to interpret the constitution.

Why are you fucking people so dense?

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
18-03-2016, 06:35 PM
(18-03-2016 05:00 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(18-03-2016 04:54 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  I like the sentence diagrammatic approach. Maybe if we bring it down to 6th grade level they might grasp it. ... Probably not.

I like the "fish bone" sentence diagrams better. Yes
(Ah High School ... looking out the window, not paying attention). Weeping

So do I, but I don't have the patience to do one with text.

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
21-03-2016, 08:22 AM
the US was founded on Christianity just like beef is 100% pure vegetarian food and cabbage is 100% meat