weekly discussions

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-09-2015, 02:05 PM
RE: weekly discussions
(28-09-2015 01:50 PM)Timber1025 Wrote:  Not really "shaming' anyone as I was accused here, but only giving encouragement and respect. Living a lie, living in the closet/shadows is no way to carry on in 2015. If the people you work with, or if the community you live in is that bigoted and judgmental, then time for a new job and new location. Do what needs to be done in the short term, but that is not the goal I would embrace for a long term situation.

Sorry, it's a gut reaction at this point, and I have been shamed and ridiculed on this very site for defending staying in the closet. I agree that no one should have to live life in the closet, but the harsh reality of it is that it is all too often a necessity. I wish we all had the luxury of living life out loud and unapologetic for who we are, but that is hardly the case and uprooting/relocating an entire family for that luxury is not easily accomplished.

I'm very glad I was able to become financially secure in a way that would not be affected by my apostasy and I've had to deal with losing friends and family members because of it. I just don't give a damn about the latter anymore.

Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up.

"Let me give you some advice, bastard: never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you." - Tyrion Lannister
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-09-2015, 02:08 PM
(28-09-2015 02:03 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  Welcome to the group, if you have any questions, please let me know, I dabble now and then in anti-theology Big Grin

This guy, right here... Excellent resource for any questions you have. Thumbsup I consider myself to be a highly intelligent human being, but GWG and a few others make me realize that there are much much smarter people than me, and that I still have a CRAPTON to learn.

Thanks again, GWG.

Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up.

"Let me give you some advice, bastard: never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you." - Tyrion Lannister
[+] 2 users Like itsnotmeitsyou's post
28-09-2015, 02:49 PM
(28-09-2015 01:50 PM)Timber1025 Wrote:  Not really "shaming' anyone as I was accused here, but only giving encouragement and respect. Living a lie, living in the closet/shadows is no way to carry on in 2015. If the people you work with, or if the community you live in is that bigoted and judgmental, then time for a new job and new location. Do what needs to be done in the short term, but that is not the goal I would embrace for a long term situation.

I would only hope that this is a short term decision. Living forever like this would be insane. Moving and uprooting is not an option at this point.
[+] 1 user Likes highlyclassified's post
28-09-2015, 06:54 PM
Based off the list of resources given to me by you guys and looking over Goodwithoutgods resource page. I chose my topic for the week. I am going to talk about the Turin Shroud. I find this fascinating because it was something in all my research into Christianity and atheism that I hadn't heard of before. If anyone has anymore information on this I would love to hear it. Thanks
[+] 1 user Likes highlyclassified's post