weird pet names

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-03-2017, 07:30 AM
RE: weird pet names
I used to have a cat called Spit. She had a strange mark above her eye that looked a little like someone had spat at her.

“The first duty of a man is to think for himself” ― José Martí
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Marozz's post
01-03-2017, 08:13 AM
I had a rose point Siamese who had a propensity for the achilles tendon. I named him Jaws.
01-03-2017, 10:02 AM
'Dammet'

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
01-03-2017, 10:13 AM
(28-02-2017 09:20 PM)seagull Wrote:  anyone name animals or plants? anyone give them real weird names?

Our cat won't answer to her name (which is "Ninja"), but she does answer to "Cheese". My wife also calls her "Kittenpants" for some reason.

I once fed two outdoor stray cats which I called "Snigglefritz" and "Zigglesnits".
[+] 2 users Like Thoreauvian's post
01-03-2017, 10:20 AM
I've had cats named Mr. Grabbit (because he looked like a rabbit in a children's book of that name)
Pata-poof, Mistigris and Peekaboo (the last was a feral kitten Smile )
One of our current (adopted) cats has gone through a series of names, none of which have stuck, the latest iteration of which is "Weenette"

Your faith is not evidence, your opinion is not fact, and your bias is not wisdom
[+] 1 user Likes Reducetarian's post
01-03-2017, 10:49 AM (This post was last modified: 01-03-2017 10:57 AM by Popeye's Pappy.)
Well there was Holland Popeye.

[Image: HappyPops.jpg]

AKA Pops, Big Guy, Big Handsome, and oh my god what is that smell. Pops is where I get my forum name from. I am (or was) Popeye's Pappy.

Pops' sister was Y Knot Glory.

[Image: GloInside2.jpg]

AKA Princess, Glo, Glo Bug, or just Bug.

Then there was Itty-Bitty Shitty Kitty. AKA Little Bit or Shitty depending on whether she was being good or being her normal pure evil self. She would fit in the palm of my hand and couldn't have been more than a 5 or 6 weeks old when she wondered out of the woods and into our lives.

Save a life. Adopt a greyhound.

[Image: anigrey.gif]
[+] 6 users Like Popeye's Pappy's post
01-03-2017, 11:35 AM
I think any pet's "name" is whatever they will answer to. Dogs are pretty accommodating and will quickly learn to answer to any name you give them, if you use it consistently.

Cats, on the other hand ... should all be named for whatever sound a cat food can makes when you pop the lid. Although, I admit, my cat does come running when I whistle for her. I've never figured out why.

I’ll be a story in your head, but that’s okay, because we’re all stories in the end. Just make it a good one, eh? Because it was, you know. It was the best.
The Doctor
01-03-2017, 11:44 AM
My mother named our poodle Leonidas Menelaus and our parakeet Plutarch. Our cat, on the other hand, came with the name Wimpy and so avoided being named something like Socrates or Odysseus.
[+] 1 user Likes julep's post
01-03-2017, 12:13 PM
My two cats were/are named after the cat and fish in Pinocchio. Our kitty was a tuxedo cat like Figaro so my kids, who were 4 and 6 at the time and had this sing a long video, named him Figaro. A year later we got a little orange tiger cat and named her Cleo after the goldfish and for the next year or so our family frequently sang this silly song when we'd feed them. Big Grin

Figaro is no longer with us. His ashes are out in the Iris garden and it seems his ashes have made the purple color of the Iris an even deeper, almost midnight purple.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
01-03-2017, 02:11 PM
I don't think my pets' names are especially weird, you be the judge:

Cat: "Squee," my wife named him after a character from the Johnny the Homicidal Maniac comic by Jhonen Vasquez
Dog, Min. Schnauzer: "Salinger," after the author
Dog, Min. Dachsund: "Pearl," named by me, somewhat in honor of or homage to Janis Joplin
Dog, Mutt: "Obi," named by my son Benjamin who was 5 at the time, after Obi Wan Kenobi

I refer to the lot of them as a collective as "The Dingbats," because they're a bunch of numbskulls.
[+] 3 users Like Mr. Boston's post