weird school bus question

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-08-2017, 07:59 PM
weird school bus question
Today at the middle school I work at the busses didn't leave the school until 90 minutes after the final dismissal. I think there's about 15 busses. About 11 were on time and then the final four slowly made their way in. The weird thing was the busses that were on time didn't go ahead and leave. Instead, they had all the students wait until all the busses arrived. Why wouldn't the busses that were there go ahead and go? It's not just a bitch about work thread. I honestly can't think of any reason. If you know or even have a guess let me know.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-08-2017, 08:11 PM
RE: weird school bus question
What do expect from buses that service a Weird School?

Angel

[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post
10-08-2017, 08:11 PM
Maybe they were waiting to see if all the buses were going to arrive or if they were going to have to rearrange who got on which bus if they were short by 4 buses.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 6 users Like Anjele's post
10-08-2017, 08:17 PM
(10-08-2017 08:11 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Maybe they were waiting to see if all the buses were going to arrive or if they were going to have to rearrange who got on which bus if they were short by 4 buses.

You're a goddamn genius.
10-08-2017, 08:21 PM
(10-08-2017 08:17 PM)ImFred Wrote:  
(10-08-2017 08:11 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Maybe they were waiting to see if all the buses were going to arrive or if they were going to have to rearrange who got on which bus if they were short by 4 buses.

You're a goddamn genius.

Shhhh, don't tell anyone. Blush

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

[+] 3 users Like Anjele's post
10-08-2017, 08:27 PM
Doesn't it seem like you would still send the busses that were there off and just radio a couple if you needed then to come back after they finished their route?
10-08-2017, 08:31 PM
They probably sent out one message to parents that kids would be late. Too much trouble to break down who would be on time and who wouldn't.

Or your school district is run by idiots...who knows.

[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
10-08-2017, 08:44 PM
Oh the school district is definitely run by idiots, they hired me. But yeah they sent out a message. I think I get you. They send out a message and it can't be specific to the students who are late so they hold everyone so like if a kid is on a punctual bus but for some reason doesn't make it home they don't want a parent to have the misconception that it's all good for two hours. Or if they think oh my kids a couple hours late they might delay coming home themselves.

Smart again.
11-08-2017, 06:38 PM
My youngest doesn't go to a school big enough for 15 busses, but my thoughts are that it has more to do with the school's concern about liability. At my youngest's school we have 1 full sized yellow bus & 4 mini-bus transport/vans. In the morning the vans usually arrive first, the yellow bus last, but the vans don't let the kids out of the van until a teacher from the school comes out, which doesn't happen until the last bus arrives, and then the teacher goes to each van/bus and "accepts the students" thus I think "legally" making the students the responsibility of the school (all bussing here is privately contracted).

The reverse is true in the afternoon. A teacher comes out only after all the busses have arrived and loads each student onto the correct bus route to their home, then all the busses/vans leave at the same time.

I can tell you that when my youngest son did not come home at the normal stop once and we were calling the school to find out where he was, we were told to contact the bus company because basically it was "their problem".

He had gotten off a block or so earlier at a one of his friend's homes, which the bus driver isn't allowed to do...and got fired.

A friend in the hole

"If we're going to be damned, let's be damned for what we really are." - Captain Picard
12-08-2017, 04:08 AM
That's ridiculous that a person lost their job because your son got off at the wrong stop. In fact, that whole situation sounds insanely paranoid.