.....wh..whaaaaa?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-11-2014, 11:25 AM (This post was last modified: 22-11-2014 11:33 AM by Reltzik.)
RE: .....wh..whaaaaa?
1) Convince a whole lot of people that there is eternal bless and/or torture on the line, in ways that they cannot immediately comprehend, confirm, or explore.

2) Convince them that the world is evil, that their senses and intellect can deceive them, and that above all they must resist or ignore skepticism in the realm reserved for faith. No matter how crazy shit gets, they are not allowed to be skeptical.

3) Convince them that there is a class of enlightened people (the priesthood) who can serve as guides in the path to salvation. Give this priesthood an absurd degree of authority (explicit or implicit, in their own capacity or in theory on behalf of something greater) over everyone else. Remember, skepticism is forbidden!

4) Rather than making this priesthood actually enlightened, make them subject to the same messed up urges as the rest of humanity. Force them to deny, repress, and hide these urges. Bonus points for making these repressed urges something deeply wired into us, such as sexuality. Do this at the same time as you place them in positions of obscene power over a great many people.

5) Grab some motherfucking popcorn. Popcorn
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Reltzik's post
22-11-2014, 12:10 PM
(22-11-2014 11:25 AM)Reltzik Wrote:  1) Convince a whole lot of people that there is eternal bless and/or torture on the line, in ways that they cannot immediately comprehend, confirm, or explore.

2) Convince them that the world is evil, that their senses and intellect can deceive them, and that above all they must resist or ignore skepticism in the realm reserved for faith. No matter how crazy shit gets, they are not allowed to be skeptical.

3) Convince them that there is a class of enlightened people (the priesthood) who can serve as guides in the path to salvation. Give this priesthood an absurd degree of authority (explicit or implicit, in their own capacity or in theory on behalf of something greater) over everyone else. Remember, skepticism is forbidden!

4) Rather than making this priesthood actually enlightened, make them subject to the same messed up urges as the rest of humanity. Force them to deny, repress, and hide these urges. Bonus points for making these repressed urges something deeply wired into us, such as sexuality. Do this at the same time as you place them in positions of obscene power over a great many people.

5) Grab some motherfucking popcorn. Popcorn

6) Tap dat ass!

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
[+] 1 user Likes TheInquisition's post
22-11-2014, 01:32 PM
What the actual fuck?
[+] 1 user Likes Bear100's post
22-11-2014, 02:05 PM
At first I was Shocking

Then I was Tongue

And I went Big Grin

After that I was all Unsure

and Blink

And that made me go Sad

And I became Angry

No

Undecided

Weeping

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 3 users Like kim's post
22-11-2014, 02:30 PM
Re: .....wh..whaaaaa?
Is that a crucifix in your pocket or are you just happy to see me?
[+] 3 users Like Clockwork's post
22-11-2014, 02:46 PM
[Image: 1370.gif]

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 3 users Like dancefortwo's post
22-11-2014, 04:15 PM
Golly! Church sure has improved since my time.
[+] 1 user Likes docskeptic's post
22-11-2014, 05:21 PM
[Image: SmGFdiY.gif]

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 2 users Like JDog554's post
22-11-2014, 05:30 PM
(21-11-2014 10:38 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  GaspBlinkGaspBlinkGaspBlinkGaspBlinkGaspBlinkGasp

Yes, dear! The first one is right up my alley Lecture_preist
[Image: bleh.gif]
Laugh out load

[+] 2 users Like TheGulegon's post
22-11-2014, 05:38 PM
(22-11-2014 05:30 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  
(21-11-2014 10:38 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  GaspBlinkGaspBlinkGaspBlinkGaspBlinkGaspBlinkGasp

Yes, dear! The first one is right up my alley Lecture_preist
[Image: bleh.gif]
Laugh out load

Somebody understands.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
[+] 2 users Like Metazoa Zeke's post