what do atheists do on Sunday?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-03-2014, 03:15 PM
RE: what do atheists do on Sunday?
Homework was on my list, guess it's time to get to it.

Luckily I already have over half of it done.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-03-2014, 03:43 PM
I woke up with a hankering for biscuits and gravy. The next thing you know I was at Big Boy drinking a cup of bad coffee and trying to figure out where my decision making process broke down... No

It was a little ironic though. They sat me next to a couple large church groups and I got to listen to them talk about churchy things while I read Nailed: Ten Christian Myths That Show Jesus Never Existed At All

"I feel as though the camera is almost a kind of voyeur in Mr. Beans life, and you just watch this bizarre man going about his life in the way that he wants to."

-Rowan Atkinson
[+] 2 users Like Can_of_Beans's post
30-03-2014, 04:04 PM
http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...ing-Garden ......there. That's what I did with my Sunday.

So many cats, so few good recipes.
30-03-2014, 04:12 PM
Fuck some wind. Went out to the lake and hiked around with my boy. Did some goddamned guy shit. Got dirty. Drinking Beverage

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 5 users Like evenheathen's post
30-03-2014, 04:16 PM
On sundays I ponder on the biggest question in history; Why is there nothing on the planet more badass than Phil?

[Image: 20cad83ad8d757191e2878b0f4bf05a9.png]
"Don't answer that. A rhetorical question."
[+] 2 users Like ELK12695's post
30-03-2014, 04:17 PM
(30-03-2014 04:12 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  Fuck some wind. Went out to the lake and hiked around with my boy. Did some goddamned guy shit. Got dirty. Drinking Beverage

Which lake?

Onward, my faithful steed!
[Image: ezgif-save_zps4d93a674.gif?t=1395781443]
30-03-2014, 04:55 PM
Another nice thread. I enjoyed reading the posts.

Sunday (yesterday) was productive. I had a recording session beginning at 10 am. I tracked congas shakers tambourine and drums. I was done by 4.30. I then met my beloved nephew and took him to dinner at a local cafe featuring a live steel pan band. We had tapas and enjoyed the band. I got home around 9 pm and watched a movie called Adult world featuring John Cusack. I always see his films. It was nice.

Crashed out around 11pm.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
30-03-2014, 05:40 PM
For the last few months my 10 year old daughter has been telling me that she wants to meet a "real " scientist. Then it turned into her wanting to be an astrophysicist when she grows up.

Tonight after the movie there was two scientists that did a talk afterward on invisibility. One is in theoretical physics part of it, the other is in chemical ?

But the one mans wife was in the audience and she is an astrophysicist. In fact, she sent me an email this weekend confirming our registration to the star party this Friday.

My daughter went to talk to her after and the lady was awesome, they talked about what my daughter should focus on in school, invited her to email her and we can come check out her lab and look thru the scopes often, asked my daughter lots of questions. Honestly, it was a truly wonderful moment. Sitting there watching them talk I got the feeling of Carl & Neil. It was so lovely. When we left my daughter was beaming and just thrilled.

Looking forward to Friday to spend more time with her.

It was an EXCELLENT day!

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
[+] 4 users Like Bows and Arrows's post
30-03-2014, 07:52 PM
(30-03-2014 04:17 PM)Crulax Wrote:  
(30-03-2014 04:12 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  Fuck some wind. Went out to the lake and hiked around with my boy. Did some goddamned guy shit. Got dirty. Drinking Beverage

Which lake?

Tuttle puddle, if you're familiar.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
31-03-2014, 01:42 AM
For me it depends on weather.

Yesterday it was a gorgeous day--72 and sunny. I almost always start out listening to NPR; no TV, so I listen to radio. After morning radio, I spent the rest of the day outside with my 2 cats (Pi and Meuse), and we did some garden work together.

It was a great day!

Often enough I get some reading in and work on some art---mixed media or water color.

"If you want a happy ending, that depends, of course, on where you stop your story." Orson Welles