what do atheists do on Sunday?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-04-2014, 03:03 PM
RE: what do atheists do on Sunday?
My little sister turned 8 on sunday, so we had a huge birthday party for her in which I had to cater to the needs of 25 of her classmates. Needless to say, there was a lot of laughter, and noise and little kids running around the house. Thankfully, we had a schedule so we kept things organized and fun. The kids watched a movie, and then we showed them all a slideshow including funny moments with my little sister! My cousins and I also served icecream that had sprinkles and delicious melted chocolate to pour on.

Everyday is judgement day. Use your judgement, use reason.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Freethought's post
02-04-2014, 03:52 PM
Responding here to the question in the thread's title.

This past Sunday, I went out on the boat.

But as I'm a new de-convert, I think a more profound answer lies in what I do not NOW do on a Sunday.

1. I DON'T worry about whether I'm fooling myself about whether I'm saved or not. I was always so afraid that I was only THINKING I was going to Heaven but was possibly on my way to Hell instead.

2. I DON'T wear ankle-length skirts.

3. I DON'T spend an hour getting fancied up to sit demurely in church or teach sunday school.

4. I DON'T sing in the choir and cringe as the other choir singers constantly fail to hit their notes.

5. I DON'T drive home only to have to drive back to church to repeat the whole experience again for the evening service.

6. I DON'T cringe in secret embarassment and think "omgosh, this is so retarded" and then get a sudden mental spike of terror and start thinking that oh noes, I'm not a real Christian! I'm going to Hell!

7. I DON'T walk around the church in despair.

But I DO play Skyrim.
I DO read up on stuff.
I DO still think of others' needs.
I DO feel an amazing sense of peace and fulfillment that was lacking while being a Christian.

Oh, I could go on for so long.
[+] 2 users Like Charis's post
02-04-2014, 03:54 PM

[Image: RPYH95t.png]
02-04-2014, 03:58 PM
Normally I work all day programming. Come Saturday I need a break and a lay in. Sunday I try to get down to my own research but it's normally Monday when I can face programming again. Unfortunately that's when I go back to work which is really frustrating. So I try to get as much done on Sunday as I can. I want to do something meaningful with my life and Sunday is the only time I can.

I have worked on Saturdays as well but it isn't sustainable.
[+] 1 user Likes Mathilda's post
02-04-2014, 04:00 PM

[Image: RPYH95t.png]
[+] 3 users Like The Germans are coming's post
02-04-2014, 04:43 PM
If I need anything from the store, I shop Sundays a half hour before church lets out. Empty stores and tons of cashiers waiting for the after church crowd.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 3 users Like Dom's post
02-04-2014, 04:54 PM
(02-04-2014 04:43 PM)Dom Wrote:  If I need anything from the store, I shop Sundays a half hour before church lets out. Empty stores and tons of cashiers waiting for the after church crowd.

Always a good plan! Thumbsup

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat

Are my Chakras on straight?
02-04-2014, 05:19 PM
I work, take a nap, and do jack shit for the rest of the day. Well, I might do laundry. Other than laundry and feeding my face and working, I avoid anything productive.

[Image: notagain.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Miss Suzanne's post
02-04-2014, 05:23 PM
(02-04-2014 04:00 PM)The Germans are coming Wrote:  

[Image: 20cad83ad8d757191e2878b0f4bf05a9.png]
"Don't answer that. A rhetorical question."
[+] 2 users Like ELK12695's post