what do atheists do on Sunday?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-07-2014, 04:34 PM
RE: what do atheists do on Sunday?
I must say sunday is my day of rest, for years i had to lead worship and sing songs to a make believe God ..SHuho when i think about it now its like singing love songs about santa clause
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-07-2014, 06:08 PM
(30-03-2014 12:05 PM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  This week is science week in Charlotte.
Today we are taking the kids to see 1933 HG Wells "Invisible Man" and after there will be a talk with scientists that are working in the area of invisibility. So cool.

Friday we are going to a star party at the university.

fun, fun, fun!

how do you spend your sundays?

Today i slept in 'til 0730 (wonderful) took a shower, slammed a protein shake, had a cup of coffee and slayed a few christians on various boards, made 6 eggs and a pan full of hashbrowns, 2 pieces of toast and 2 glasses of OJ for brunch, hour later spent 2.5ish hours at gym polishing the guns Laughat shake, shower, 2nd shake, wrote two papers for college, browsed the TTA boards, made 3 tilapia filets and a pot full of home made mac and cheese for dinner, now relaxing surfing the net......easy day Big Grin

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
[+] 1 user Likes goodwithoutgod's post
13-07-2014, 06:20 PM
On good weekends it's the day to recover from hangovers...

"Name me a moral statement made or moral action performed that could not have been made or done, by a non-believer..." - Christopher Hitchens

My youtube musings: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfFoxbz...UVi1pf4B5g
20-07-2014, 05:10 PM
Did brakes on mama bear's car, and helped my brother pack up the truck for his move to the buckle. No praying. Lotsa swearing...

Truth does not demand belief. Scientists do not join hands every Sunday, singing, "Yes, gravity is real! I will have faith! I will be strong! I believe in my heart that what goes up, up, up must come down, down, down. Amen!" If they did, we would think they were pretty insecure about it.
-- Dan Barker
[+] 2 users Like 6ball's post
20-07-2014, 07:24 PM
slept in today, made the kids blueberry pancakes, went to the gym for 3 hours, then took kids to water country and played in the water for 3 hours, came home, wrote a 11 page and a 9 page paper for my current criminology course on terrorism, and now I am surfing TTA before I go tuck myself into bed with the missus Evil_monster

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
[+] 1 user Likes goodwithoutgod's post
22-07-2014, 04:48 AM
I watch anime and punch myself in the face if my friends won't hang out with me/if I can't hang out with them.
27-07-2014, 04:00 PM
Today we woke up early for a round of golf, picked up a dead tree for firewood, had lunch with my parents, then took my dad's new pistol to the shooting range.

Since it was a new gun, the sights were a bit off, and they'll need adjusting. After compensating for the difference I managed to hit the target a few times. This was my first time shooting a handgun. Mine is left, the husband's is on the right.

[Image: imagejpg1_zps76621f58.jpg]

We stopped and got some ice cream in the way home, now we just gotta finish laundry. We'll probably pop some popcorn, and watch Dr. Who Big Grin

Great Sunday!!

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
[+] 3 users Like Smercury44's post
27-07-2014, 05:12 PM
Anime, bills, cooking, games, exercise, romance, eating, go through mail, check on yard, invite a friend over.

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
27-07-2014, 05:35 PM
The best part was some time in the pool!

Oh, that was second best...best was hearing from a dear friend that I hadn't heard from in a while.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
27-07-2014, 05:40 PM
I made a cake from scratch. Also Taco Bake for dinner.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 2 users Like Revenant77x's post