what do you think is the most dangerous about creationism

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-11-2014, 12:44 PM
what do you think is the most dangerous about creationism
for me its their relentless attacks on the scientific method acting like it doesn't do anything to improve our lives while using the very luxurious benefits it provides to live their own ****ing privileged lives

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Ace's post
16-11-2014, 12:53 PM
RE: what do you think is the most dangerous about creationism
The acceptance of a convenient answer and the stifling of inquiry is what I hate most about it. "god did it" makes a sin out of curiosity and the ability to think.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
16-11-2014, 12:58 PM (This post was last modified: 16-11-2014 01:01 PM by Ace.)
(16-11-2014 12:53 PM)unfogged Wrote:  The acceptance of a convenient answer and the stifling of inquiry is what I hate most about it. "god did it" makes a sin out of curiosity and the ability to think.

yeah they think replacing an unknown with another unknown is going to make a difference Facepalm

I mean we now posses the knowledge to do things that would make us god like in he eyes of bronze age people, this only possible because people with functioning brains know that saying "god did it" is the same as not saying anything at all and it doesn't improve our lives in anyway

edit:
thunderf00t destroys yet again the Poster boy for Creationist Stupidity (PCS)

16-11-2014, 01:05 PM
There are many, but for me I'd say the fact that it allows people an escape hatch to justify evil deeds is number one. People have murdered countless millions in the name of their deity, and have gladly run roughshod over other cultures using the god excuse. Just the way it allows people to feel little to no sympathy for others who don't share their views disgusts me. We all know any time some earthquake, tsunami, or other natural disaster occurs is prime time for the Bible thumpers to jump on their soapbox and start shouting about how that disaster was the work of "God's wrath", and that everybody needs to run to Jesus to save themselves.

“Religion was invented when the first con man met the first fool.” - Mark Twain
16-11-2014, 01:36 PM
(16-11-2014 01:05 PM)WindyCityJazz Wrote:  There are many, but for me I'd say the fact that it allows people an escape hatch to justify evil deeds is number one. People have murdered countless millions in the name of their deity, and have gladly run roughshod over other cultures using the god excuse. Just the way it allows people to feel little to no sympathy for others who don't share their views disgusts me. We all know any time some earthquake, tsunami, or other natural disaster occurs is prime time for the Bible thumpers to jump on their soapbox and start shouting about how that disaster was the result"God's inability to take anger management classes", and that everybody needs to run to Jesus to save themselves.

correction made
16-11-2014, 02:01 PM
The most dangerous thing about Creationism is the blind obedience and wilful ignorance of the religious to adhere to their unsubstantiated claim. Take a mother that thinks whispering to the wind is reasonable act when a sick child is dying from a treatable illness. There are many other examples of this type of nonsense occurring.

Which the fundamentalist agendas seem to be increasing as well. They dont only just attack science, but also every social, educational, and political issue of the day that does not conform to their insanity. I look at it as the religious know that religiosity is on its way out and it is one desperate lashing out like that of a dying animal. Kicking and screaming till the end. Which I can see more extreme things coming in the future from them. Especially when they start to think the wind is talking back to them.
[+] 1 user Likes StorMRising's post
16-11-2014, 02:04 PM
It is not just non-science, it is anti-science.
People need to have at least a modicum of scientific understanding in today's world.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post
16-11-2014, 02:15 PM
(16-11-2014 02:04 PM)Chas Wrote:  It is not just non-science, it is anti-science.
People need to have at least a modicum of scientific understanding in today's world.

whats modicum ?
16-11-2014, 02:17 PM
(16-11-2014 02:15 PM)Ace Wrote:  
(16-11-2014 02:04 PM)Chas Wrote:  It is not just non-science, it is anti-science.

whats modicum ?

a small quantity of a particular thing, especially something considered desirable or valuable.
16-11-2014, 02:30 PM
(16-11-2014 12:44 PM)Ace Wrote:  for me its their relentless attacks on the scientific method acting like it doesn't do anything to improve our lives while using the very luxurious benefits it provides to live their own ****ing privileged lives

Their passive aggressive attack on the rights of others by physically and financially supporting delusional creationists political candidates into office so they can continue to obstruct people's rights like abortion, stem cell research or try to slither intelligent design into public schools.

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
[+] 3 users Like goodwithoutgod's post