what do you think is the most dangerous about creationism

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-11-2014, 02:38 PM
RE: what do you think is the most dangerous about creationism
Creationist make me smile and amuse me. I say we get rid of circus performers and replace them with Creationist. We can watch them as they ride their animatronic dinosaurs, while they try to feed them carrots.

Arguing with a Christian is a lot like playing chess with a pigeon. You can be the greatest player in the world, yet the pigeon will knock over all the pieces, shit on the board and strut away triumphantly.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-11-2014, 02:55 PM
(16-11-2014 02:04 PM)Chas Wrote:  It is not just non-science, it is anti-science.
People need to have at least a modicum of scientific understanding in today's world.

Do they? Why?

Plenty of people seem to survive quite well in their ignorance

... thus providing the smart ones with targets for ridicule and laughter.

Creationism is dangerous like geocentrism is dangerous like Mr Bean is dangerous.

Big Grin

16-11-2014, 03:25 PM
(16-11-2014 02:55 PM)DLJ Wrote:  
(16-11-2014 02:04 PM)Chas Wrote:  It is not just non-science, it is anti-science.
People need to have at least a modicum of scientific understanding in today's world.

Do they? Why?

Creationism is dangerous like geocentrism is dangerous like Mr Bean is dangerous.

Big Grin

Without basic knowledge of science, people have no basis on which to judge competing claims about serious issues such as climate change, habitat preservation, flood control, fishing limits, etc.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
16-11-2014, 04:03 PM
(16-11-2014 03:25 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(16-11-2014 02:55 PM)DLJ Wrote:  Do they? Why?

Big Grin

Without basic knowledge of science, people have no basis on which to judge competing claims about serious issues such as climate change, habitat preservation, flood control, fishing limits, etc.

No problem.

Tell 'em that messing with the environment is against the will of the gods.

Wink

16-11-2014, 04:45 PM
The death of curiosity and real scientific understanding.

Creationists want to force us back into the bronze and iron age.

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
16-11-2014, 05:11 PM
It attempts to discredit science and demands science's proof while providing ONE FUCKING SHRED for their claims.

Magic bitch!
16-11-2014, 05:32 PM
(16-11-2014 02:55 PM)DLJ Wrote:  

Do they? Why?

Big Grin

That's extremely dangerous! Mr. Bean is a menace to society, I can't imagine how many neighbors he must of killed shooting his light bulbs out every single night. And I'm sure he has caused mass traffic accidents.

But Creationism does negate and fight science that seeks to protect healthy living conditions for many styles of life on Earth. That's the most dangerous part, that many of them think God causes natural disasters and climate shifts opposed to nature and mans influence.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 1 user Likes ClydeLee's post
16-11-2014, 05:40 PM
(16-11-2014 02:55 PM)DLJ Wrote:  Creationism is dangerous like geocentrism is dangerous like Mr Bean is dangerous.
On a person to person basis that's actually an excelent metaphor. Not malicious, not even nessercerily stupid. (Depends if you concider the end of the animated series canon. If he's human; yeah. He's probably a moron.) They see a problem and attempt to understand it and solve it using both a flawed set of tools and a fundamental missunderstanding of how the world works.

Then most importantly: When they fuck something up they don't realise how important it is or how completely they've failed to replace it afterwards.
[Image: 5643142350_a347ff1bd9_z.jpg]

Soulless mutants of muscle and intent. There are billions of us; hardy, smart and dangerous. Shaped by millions of years of death. We are the definitive alpha predator. We build monsters of fire and stone. We bottled the sun. We nailed our god to a stick.

In man's struggle against the world, bet on the man.
[+] 1 user Likes Stuffed_Assumption_Meringue's post
16-11-2014, 07:33 PM
In my opinion, it's most dangerous aspect is that it rejects the concept that reality is real. It hearkens back to a pre-Galileo time when the purpose of science was to "save the phenomena" as Plato put it. The purpose of science was to make prediction models and it had no relation to reality as reality. Creationism creates a dualist universe which as Father Jaki would most likely assert, causes the stillbirth of Science.

I'm homophobic in the same way that I'm arachnophobic. I'm not scared of gay people but I'm going to scream if I find one in my bath.

I'm. Also homophobic in the same way I'm arachnophobic. I'm scared of spiders but I'd still fuck'em.
- my friend Marc
[+] 1 user Likes TarzanSmith's post
17-11-2014, 01:57 AM (This post was last modified: 17-11-2014 04:36 AM by Ace.)
(16-11-2014 02:30 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  
(16-11-2014 12:44 PM)Ace Wrote:  for me its their relentless attacks on the scientific method acting like it doesn't do anything to improve our lives while using the very luxurious benefits it provides to live their own ****ing privileged lives

Their passive aggressive attack on the rights of others by physically and financially supporting delusional creationists political candidates into office so they can continue to obstruct people's rights like abortion, stem cell research or try to slither intelligent design into public schools.

I've heard these idiots say stem cells don't know whether their alive so we shouldn't experiment on them Facepalm
by that logic we shouldn't eat vegetables because they don't know their alive either Facepalm
[+] 1 user Likes Ace's post