what does safe inference have to with intelligence?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-05-2016, 09:08 PM
RE: what does safe inference have to with intelligence?
(23-05-2016 08:54 PM)I Am Wrote:  So... after all this confuzzled talk about the big bang and natural selection, which have less to do with each other than starfish and actual stars, your head is supposed to spin enough that when s/he says "therefore it's god/energy/spirit/love, don't you see how simple that is?" you look dazed and nod. And don't ask questions because the merry-go-round will start again.

Is your friend Deepak Chopra?

Yes yes this! A friend told him the same thing I did, to prove it or shut up. So far nothing yet. He had me for a second til I decided to look up definitions and stuff then I started to figure put he is just full of shit.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-05-2016, 09:19 PM
Now he says it depends on how you define intelligence. Lmao I'm done
23-05-2016, 09:43 PM
He might as well be talking about how intelligent rocks were before they became hard.

None of what he is saying makes any sense.

Ignore him

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
[+] 1 user Likes Rahn127's post
23-05-2016, 10:33 PM
(23-05-2016 08:14 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  What's an example of an unsafe inference?

Engaging in inference without a condom.
[+] 3 users Like Reltzik's post
23-05-2016, 11:40 PM (This post was last modified: 23-05-2016 11:47 PM by true scotsman.)
I really don't understand what he is talking about either but if he is trying to use the concept of imaginary time to prove there is a god then he doesn't know what he is talking about because the concept solves the problem of the laws of physics breaking down at the singularity. The gist of the concept is that space and imaginary time are finite in extent but without boundaries as the surface of a sphere is finite but without boundaries. Thus there is a beginning to real time within imaginary time(a real scientific concept), there's still a singularity in real time but the laws of physics don't break down so that if you know the state of the universe in this imaginary time dimension, you can predict the nature of the universe in real time. The need for an external force or agent to determine the laws of physics and thus the nature of the universe is obviated. Thus the Universe is a self contained system and what comes out of the singularity is determined not by an intelligence but by the laws of physics inherent in the universe itself. The concept does away with the need for an intelligent creator. So if he is using this real concept to prove that there is a god he is shooting himself in the foot.

Do not lose your knowledge that man's proper estate is an upright posture, an intransigent mind and a step that travels unlimited roads. - Ayn Rand.

Don't sacrifice for me, live for yourself! - Me

The only alternative to Objectivism is some form of Subjectivism. - Dawson Bethrick
24-05-2016, 01:49 AM
(23-05-2016 07:14 PM)purpledaisies Wrote:  Safe inference. That's the whole idea behind adaptation an evolution.

This is this guys proof that energy have intelligence? Can some please tell me how he come to that conclusion?

ok we need a definition for "safe inference" and I can't even find it or anything similar to it on google
everyone here knows a lot about evolution and adaptation but we don't even know what this guy is talking about
sorry you need to give us more information to help you, do you have a link?

here's what I can say based on your post, in order for intelligence to exist you need something to store information and process it, in our case its a brain
24-05-2016, 01:50 AM
(23-05-2016 10:33 PM)Reltzik Wrote:  
(23-05-2016 08:14 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  What's an example of an unsafe inference?

Engaging in inference without a condom.

well if your a machine it would be called "unsafe interfacing" Smartass
24-05-2016, 02:30 AM
A friend of his told him he got his ass kicked by a girl. Wow didn't expect that. But it's kinda funny.
[+] 2 users Like purpledaisies's post
24-05-2016, 05:43 AM
Purple - this is slowly feeling like your first attempt at trolling. Not bad so far. 3 pages with no definition of the words you're using and no context.

I give you 2 out of 5 stars

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
[+] 2 users Like Rahn127's post
24-05-2016, 05:58 AM
(23-05-2016 07:14 PM)purpledaisies Wrote:  Safe inference. That's the whole idea behind adaptation an evolution.

This is this guys proof that energy have intelligence? Can some please tell me how he come to that conclusion?

Huh

You shot who in the what now?

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 1 user Likes unfogged's post