what im goung to send to my mil

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-09-2015, 09:57 AM
RE: what im goung to send to my mil
Tell her that free will is not a Biblical principle and that scripture teaches quite the opposite of free will.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like kingschosen's post
23-09-2015, 10:25 AM
(23-09-2015 09:57 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  Tell her that free will is not a Biblical principle and that scripture teaches quite the opposite of free will.

^^^^^^^ Thumbsup

What KC said. Can't forget that one.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
23-09-2015, 11:11 AM
You might find some books written by former Christians to ask her to read. Godless by Dan Barker is pretty good. Went from being a evangelical preacher and Christian songwriter, to being an atheist, and being co-president of the Freedom From Religion Foundation. I feel like Dan did a good job of empathizing with theists, as he WAS a very prominent, devout one. I love Dawkins, but I don't think I'd ask any theists to read The God Delusion. They'd probably just burn it anyway Tongue
23-09-2015, 12:36 PM
(23-09-2015 11:11 AM)EppurSiMuove Wrote:  You might find some books written by former Christians to ask her to read. Godless by Dan Barker is pretty good. Went from being a evangelical preacher and Christian songwriter, to being an atheist, and being co-president of the Freedom From Religion Foundation. I feel like Dan did a good job of empathizing with theists, as he WAS a very prominent, devout one. I love Dawkins, but I don't think I'd ask any theists to read The God Delusion. They'd probably just burn it anyway Tongue

Now that sounds like a good book to recommend thanks.
23-09-2015, 12:37 PM
(23-09-2015 10:25 AM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  
(23-09-2015 09:57 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  Tell her that free will is not a Biblical principle and that scripture teaches quite the opposite of free will.

^^^^^^^ Thumbsup

Yes I will thanks for reminding me.
23-09-2015, 03:28 PM (This post was last modified: 23-09-2015 03:35 PM by kingschosen.)
(23-09-2015 12:37 PM)purpledaisies Wrote:  
(23-09-2015 10:25 AM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  ^^^^^^^ Thumbsup

Yes I will thanks for reminding me.

If she tries to argue the point, tell her to read Pro. 16:4, Romans 9, Eph. 1:4-5 and verse 11, Acts 15:17-18, Romans 8:28-30, 1 Cor. 2:7, 2 Thess. 2:13, and 1 Thess. 1:4.

Tell her to read these aloud and try to explain how we can have free will if these verses are true.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes kingschosen's post
23-09-2015, 03:43 PM
What *I* would do is sit down with her and watch the DVD "Letting Go of God," a one-woman play with Julia Sweeney, about how she became an atheist after being Roman Catholic.
[+] 1 user Likes jabeady's post
23-09-2015, 03:49 PM
If you throw Julia Sweeney at her, don't forget 3vid3nce's playlist.
23-09-2015, 08:36 PM
(23-09-2015 03:43 PM)jabeady Wrote:  What *I* would do is sit down with her and watch the DVD "Letting Go of God," a one-woman play with Julia Sweeney, about how she became an atheist after being Roman Catholic.

I can't she lives in tx. I live in ar. But thanks