what is it wiith the heroes i like

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-10-2014, 10:00 PM (This post was last modified: 04-10-2014 10:05 PM by kunoxian drive.)
I swear I am striking out when it comes to heroes lately. I mean it all \started when I picked my favorite hero on naruto{the anime} which was sasuke yuchiha. and he was a good hero till he ended up being a vilians. and it seem lately my favorite characters in games/movies/anime's/shows have ether ended up being viiians or even worse villans I like because of there theme. is it just me or do we not want me picking the team that would be humanities last hope..{roflao} amplify that by the fact that I never pick bad guys that turn good and you start to get into why I am frustrated because I know what your thinking why is this a problem.....

It means there are very few heroes I like in fiction. mainly because there too boy scoutish. this leaves me with one option write one of my own....

reason as why I am doing this
1. because the last "good guy" I related to in a fiction is Crona from soul eater and he only counts technically. the first thing he does is slaughter a ton of innocent people.
2. because I think darkness isn't just evil but chaotic good as well...
3. because I think I want to route for the hero alone this time.

p.s. why is it the qualities I chose in a hero makes them really good vilians as well.

1. Striding and swaggering rootlessness without end. The precious flow of life.
2. one should fear sweet a blood stained flower.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-10-2014, 10:10 PM
RE: what is it wiith the heroes i like
It's all up to perception, isn't it? Villains rarely see themselves as such. They perceive themselves to be the hero. And you're right, Heroic qualities can really turn themsleves on its head.
“Beware that, when fighting monsters, you yourself do not become a monster... for when you gaze long into the abyss. The abyss gazes also into you.”
― Friedrich Nietzsche

"I don't have to have faith, I have experience." Joseph Campbell
[+] 2 users Like grizzlysnake's post
04-10-2014, 10:16 PM
that's a good point.....

04-10-2014, 10:43 PM
Personally, I'm a fan of darker heroes: heroes who have no or few flaws, those goody-two-shoes types who always manage to win and insist on being disgustingly irrational just annoy me; they don't feel remotely human and are impossible to empathise with as a result.

I have a hard time expressing the sort of 'hero' I like; my favoured heroes are grey: they tend to be pragmatic, those who will do some measure evil for the greater good, they are willing to make the reasonable (if hard) decisions when push comes to shove instead of jumping through unreasonable hoops, they are the ones who actually kill the Big Bad, instead of handing them off to cops or what-have-you and allowing their inevitable escape.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
04-10-2014, 11:14 PM
(04-10-2014 10:43 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  I have a hard time expressing the sort of 'hero' I like; my favoured heroes are grey: they tend to be pragmatic, those who will do some measure evil for the greater good, they are willing to make the reasonable (if hard) decisions when push comes to shove instead of jumping through unreasonable hoops, they are the ones who actually kill the Big Bad, instead of handing them off to cops or what-have-you and allowing their inevitable escape.

So, the Punisher then?

[Image: punisher-war-zone-movie-poster-000.jpg]

Fun Fact: The actor who portrayed Frank Castle in Warzone was Ray Stevenson, who also portrayed Volstagg in the two Thor movies.

[Image: 3726707-ray-stevenson-the-punisher-volstagg.jpg]

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 3 users Like EvolutionKills's post
05-10-2014, 12:02 PM
To me it's all about theme-ing. The good guys have bad themes and the bad guys have good themes. That's the major problem though philosophical I agree with you free thought. Thank you for saying thus.

05-10-2014, 08:56 PM

My hero has always been her ...

Using Tapatalk
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
25-02-2015, 05:40 PM
in anime i like the anti-heroes more.
the vegetas and hieis of the world.
just look at devilman, he uses the power of evil for good.

"Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth." -Sherlock Holmes
26-02-2015, 03:37 AM
It's the classic notion of the Byronic Hero or Anti-Hero that has been popular through eras in phases.

Many of the examples like Sasuske (though I stopped readng Naruto in 06 to really know where it went with him) fit this description. As do many of the others listed like the Punisher or Vegeta

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson