what other podcasts do you listen to?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-07-2015, 07:15 PM
RE: what other podcasts do you listen to?
(07-04-2015 07:14 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I found a new true crime podcast (at least it's new to me). It was mentioned on another one I listen to and is called Sword and Scale. It's well-produced and the narrator has a pleasant voice.

This is not for the squeamish! This show covers some pretty rough stuff.

But, if you are interested in listening to just how twisted people can be...this is a podcast you may enjoy.

Loved this podcast! Listened to the whole back catalog and a week ago the podcaster said he is taking a break for an undetermined amount of time. Sadcryface

Now I am back to searching for something to listen to.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-07-2015, 07:48 PM
I listen to Unbelievable?, which is a religious debate type of program. It's actually put on by a Christian radio station in Britain, but they have non-Christians come on all the time, and its really pretty fair and balanced. Plus, those British accents. Thumbsup
28-07-2015, 09:39 PM
I listen to Stuff You Should Know and Stuff You Missed In History Class, both by howstuffworks.com. They have a bunch of podcasts that are great, though. I especially like the history one because I'm a big nerd.

I also have fallen in love with The British History Podcast. Jamie Jeffers is a fantastic storyteller and is pretty funny. again, I'm a big nerd, and learning about my ancestral history is fascinating.

I also think Skeptic's Guide To The Universe is top notch. Very nerdy, but fun.

Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up.

"Let me give you some advice, bastard: never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you." - Tyrion Lannister
29-07-2015, 09:03 PM
I really only listen to stuff you missed in history class now if the episode title grabs my attention. The hosts have really started to get on my nerves, they're always talking about how great the products they are advertising are and the ads are to long. And they sound like they're just reading notes and they seem to hate the audience.

Stuff you should know if fun thought and the hosts have great chemistry and I find their topics more interesting and their banter more fun, although I am a big history nerd.

History of Rome and Revolutions by Mike Duncan are some of the best podcasts around. Dan Carlin's hardcore history is amazing and his Common Sense is a favorite of mine. I like the BBC world news for everyday news and the Young Turks for news too. They are vocally liberal and don't pretend to like religion or extremist right wingers.

(28-07-2015 09:39 PM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  I listen to Stuff You Should Know and Stuff You Missed In History Class, both by howstuffworks.com. They have a bunch of podcasts that are great, though. I especially like the history one because I'm a big nerd.

I also have fallen in love with The British History Podcast. Jamie Jeffers is a fantastic storyteller and is pretty funny. again, I'm a big nerd, and learning about my ancestral history is fascinating.

I also think Skeptic's Guide To The Universe is top notch. Very nerdy, but fun.
21-11-2015, 04:05 PM
Holy crap! Found a new podcast, The Mortified Podcast. Adults read old diary entries from when they were teenagers to a crowd of strangers. It. Is. Amazing. Super hilarious!! Laugh out load

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
[+] 1 user Likes Smercury44's post
21-11-2015, 07:27 PM
Hmm, don't listen to too many podcasts (Ø, actually until today). But I did listen to Seth's address to Josh Feuerstein today, after it was linked in another thread. Man, that Josh is a tool!
21-11-2015, 07:43 PM
(21-11-2015 04:05 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  Holy crap! Found a new podcast, The Mortified Podcast. Adults read old diary entries from when they were teenagers to a crowd of strangers. It. Is. Amazing. Super hilarious!! Laugh out load

I was just looking at some old journals of mine a couple hours ago, I'll have to check that out.

Though I posted a few in this thread before, I'll add another. A great philosophy podcast I like is The Partially Examined Life, https://www.partiallyexaminedlife.com/ it's mainly conversation based with usually 4 guys, being serious about examining a philosophical text but not in a lecturing manner, but a real talking out the concept via the text way which more engaging.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 1 user Likes ClydeLee's post
30-01-2016, 11:01 PM
I've been binge listening to Welcome to Night Vale. It's fun Yes

Quote:WELCOME TO NIGHT VALE is a twice-monthly podcast in the style of community updates for the small desert town of Night Vale, featuring local weather, news, announcements from the Sheriff's Secret Police, mysterious lights in the night sky, dark hooded figures with unknowable powers, and cultural events.

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
30-01-2016, 11:10 PM
If you like poker, the Ante Up PokerCast hasn't missed a week since 2005, and the hosts just happen to be atheists.

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
30-01-2016, 11:25 PM
Top Down Perspective is a nice regular podcast on gaming.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.