what prompted me to join the forum

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-12-2015, 06:04 PM
RE: what prompted me to join the forum
(13-12-2015 03:41 PM)I need new swear words g@d@m1t Wrote:  So if when I die I become energy & join the rest of the dust, what's missing is that which makes me unique. I am considering creating a facebook page [I'm not on facebook] but I guess they remove it when the person dies. What are you guys thoughts on how to leave something [relatively permanent] behind for others to remember by & to survive beyond my time?

First, hello.

I am sorry to hear that you are going through this. Coming face-to-face with our mortality is not an easy thing to do.

This is a great place to talk, if you feel like it. Lots of good people here. Or just browse around...you can find threads about nearly everything. There are also a lot of laughs here...a few smiles may take the sting out things if only for a moment.

As for Facebook...I don't think they take your page down after you die. A friend of my daughter's died about five years ago and her page is still up and people still post there. I actually go now and then to just look at her beautiful face and look at photos - it's bittersweet but nice to be able to do it now and then.

You could write down your thoughts as things occur to you regarding your situation. You could do that here, on FB, or on your computer. I started journaling when I was diagnosed with cancer but kind of left that behind...though a lot of what had been private has been chronicled here on the forum.

We can lend an ear...and we will. We are also a huggy bunch. Here's one for you...

[img][Image: polar%20bear%20hug_zpsxiqqck8u.jpg][/img]

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-12-2015, 10:26 PM
what prompted me to join the forum
I'm sorry you're going through that. Hugs. Just enjoy life the best you can. I hope that your treatment will lengthen your years. I wish you well.
19-01-2016, 04:46 PM
(13-12-2015 05:44 PM)jabeady Wrote:  Plant a tree.

That's what we did whenever one of the cats died - bury him/her & then plant a tree over the grave. It served as a living memorial & as a way to prevent future occupants from digging up the site. Returning years later to see how big & strong the tree had grown is very emotional.
[+] 1 user Likes I need new swear words g@d@m1t's post
19-01-2016, 04:47 PM
btw guys, its January & I am still alive.....
[+] 7 users Like I need new swear words g@d@m1t's post
19-01-2016, 05:30 PM
(19-01-2016 04:47 PM)I need new swear words g@d@m1t Wrote:  btw guys, its January & I am still alive.....

Keep on keepin on my friend.

A man should not believe in an ism, he should believe in himself. -Ferris Bueller

That's what a ship is, you know. It's not just a keel and a hull and a deck and sails, that's what a ship needs but what a ship is... what the Black Pearl really is... is freedom. -Jack Sparrow
[+] 1 user Likes Imathinker's post
19-01-2016, 06:03 PM
(19-01-2016 04:47 PM)I need new swear words g@d@m1t Wrote:  btw guys, its January & I am still alive.....

That's good news! Good to see you are still here with us.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
19-01-2016, 06:14 PM

I was just going thru this thread to find if you were still with us or not.Great to see that you are.Hang in there buddy We all love you.
19-01-2016, 09:13 PM
(10-11-2015 05:43 PM)I need new swear words g@d@m1t Wrote:  Greetings - my name is J**. I came across this site when I googled a topic that lead me to an article here. I made a comment to it. I decided to join the forum because I need an answer to a question. I am 49 & my doctor told me back in January that I have a yr to live. I am virtually all alone & do not believe in an afterlife. I struggle with dealing, especially with the finality of it. What are your views on death, life purpose [I am childless], etc. If there is a forum topic on this, please direct me - the amount of topics are overwhelming. Thnx, J.

Hi mate. I was given 8 weeks back in September 2014. Spent. 10 months in hospital on the strongest possible chemotherapy. Went into remission which lasted 4 weeks. I managed to get on a trial. It is hard because there are many side effects. I just keep fighting. Have had 32 Lumbar punctures and 34 bone marrow biopsies. It sucks but the fight is all I have.

So I understand your situation. Have you asked your Dr about trials?

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
19-01-2016, 09:24 PM
(10-11-2015 05:43 PM)I need new swear words g@d@m1t Wrote:  Greetings - my name is J**. I came across this site when I googled a topic that lead me to an article here. I made a comment to it. I decided to join the forum because I need an answer to a question. I am 49 & my doctor told me back in January that I have a yr to live. I am virtually all alone & do not believe in an afterlife. I struggle with dealing, especially with the finality of it. What are your views on death, life purpose [I am childless], etc. If there is a forum topic on this, please direct me - the amount of topics are overwhelming. Thnx, J.

Me again. Mate I began a thread here and the members here have been wonderful. I too am virtually alone. It can help you.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
29-02-2016, 06:03 PM
Hey everyone I am still alive. You are a kind thoughtful group of people. It's hard to keep up with day to day tasks so I'm not posting as much as I'd like. Sometimes I don't know what to say. Sometimes I want to complain about a million things but spare you that. Anyway, I wanted to let you know I was thinking of you.Smile
[+] 2 users Like I need new swear words g@d@m1t's post