what's the difference between supporting someones rights and....

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 4 Average
05-10-2012, 10:52 AM
RE: what's the difference between supporting someones rights and....
(05-10-2012 10:28 AM)kunoxian drive Wrote:  I'm an adult{age:28} thanx btw.

That must be difficult, then. I'd say keep looking for alternatives. There has to be something that you can do. At least for now you have a place to stay. Sad

Godzilla Kitten, Directed by J.J. Abrams
[Image: Kineoprojectfinished3_zps79916ea4.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes kineo's post
05-10-2012, 08:07 PM
Quote:If you're not going to offer anything constructive, why even post?

Everything I post has meaning son.

My advice is unachievable. The OP obviously wants a relationship with his father while his father hates his son because his father is a homophobe and he's gay.
My advice is to just cut ties. It's way way to much effort then what it's worth. The OP's father is not gonna get over the fact that his son is gay and things will never be happy family playing house.
BUT because the Op wants a relationship then that advice is pointless because that is not an option for him anyway or he would have done it by now.

I don't talk gay, I don't walk gay, it's like people don't even know I'm gay unless I'm blowing them.
[Image: 10h27hu.jpg]
05-10-2012, 09:06 PM
I kind of agree with Muffs - part of it anyway. Confused I think.

I say cut ties with your Dad. If its physically impossible at this time, then cut mental ties. When your Dad says things you don't want to hear, just practice tuning him out. Don't even respond unless its with a yes or no - you don't have to be mean about it. Try to have as little contact with him as possible - start spending less and less time around him.

Kineo is right - find another outlet to express yourself. An outlet which involves people who will accept you. You're going to have to choose your family... a different family. One consisting of friends and associates who you respect and who respect you.

HUD can be quite a wait, but make sure you're on a list. Call them every day if you have to. You never know when something will open up. In the meanwhile, you can at least mentally prepare for your move. Shy

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
08-10-2012, 03:06 PM
(05-10-2012 08:07 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
Quote:If you're not going to offer anything constructive, why even post?

Everything I post has meaning son.

My advice is unachievable. The OP obviously wants a relationship with his father while his father hates his son because his father is a homophobe and he's gay.
My advice is to just cut ties. It's way way to much effort then what it's worth. The OP's father is not gonna get over the fact that his son is gay and things will never be happy family playing house.
BUT because the Op wants a relationship then that advice is pointless because that is not an option for him anyway or he would have done it by now.

That totally explains why posting "Meh" was a reasonable response. That's much better than not posting, or posting to say what you said in this last post. Personally, if I'm not going to post anything, then I don't post. Instead you wanted to make it known that "it wasn't worth your effort" instead of it simply not being worth your effort.

Also, "son"?

Godzilla Kitten, Directed by J.J. Abrams
[Image: Kineoprojectfinished3_zps79916ea4.jpg]