what to do? funeral donations

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-10-2014, 02:44 PM
what to do? funeral donations
As some of you know I have had an uncle and cousin die in the past week or so. My cousin (sister of deceased cousin) has posted the arrangements.

they are requesting donations where my cousin worked in lieu of flowers.
She worked at. http://spanliterature.com

i want to be supportive, I want to contribute in a meaningful way, I want to be respectful of her/their wishes, but I cant stomach donating to this place.

ideas?

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-10-2014, 02:47 PM
RE: what to do? funeral donations
this is the same that was worried that god wouldnt let her into heaven because she was gay, possibly an alcoholic and drug user. She cleaned up the drugs and alcohol but she should not have had those types of fears while dying.

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
13-10-2014, 02:47 PM
(13-10-2014 02:44 PM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  As some of you know I have had an uncle and cousin die in the past week or so. My cousin (sister of deceased cousin) has posted the arrangements.

i want to be supportive, I want to contribute in a meaningful way, I want to be respectful of her/their wishes, but I cant stomach donating to this place.

ideas?

Absent this request, would you have sent flowers? If not, then no need to do anything at all.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
13-10-2014, 02:48 PM
Just because they made a request doesn't require you to do that.

Do what feels right to you. Many times people name a charity instead of having a bazillion dead flowers that essentially go to waste.

Make a contribution to a literacy program or food pantry in her area in her name.

Request doesn't mean required.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
13-10-2014, 02:49 PM
(13-10-2014 02:44 PM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  As some of you know I have had an uncle and cousin die in the past week or so. My cousin (sister of deceased cousin) has posted the arrangements.

ideas?

How about making believe you didn't get the message and send the flowers anyway?

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce