what would you call this

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-09-2018, 06:05 PM
what would you call this
a book put out every other month with one story each. with certain types of characters... no more than thirty pages. no less than 25 pages. distributed like a zine.
I am thinking about doing 3 but I may not have the money.

1. Striding and swaggering rootlessness without end. The precious flow of life.
2. one should fear sweet a blood stained flower.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes kunoxian drive's post
14-09-2018, 06:37 PM
RE: what would you call this
I'd call it... publishing.

Drinking Beverage

[+] 3 users Like DLJ's post
14-09-2018, 06:45 PM
from what I understand they are called chap books.

14-09-2018, 06:47 PM
Charles Dickens:

Quote: His novels, most published in monthly or weekly instalments, pioneered the serial publication of narrative fiction, which became the dominant Victorian mode for novel publication. Cliffhanger endings in his serial publications kept readers in suspense. The instalment format allowed Dickens to evaluate his audience's reaction, and he often modified his plot and character development based on such feedback. For example, when his wife's chiropodist expressed distress at the way Miss Mowcher in David Copperfield seemed to reflect her disabilities, Dickens improved the character with positive features. His plots were carefully constructed, and he often wove elements from topical events into his narratives. Masses of the illiterate poor chipped in ha'pennies to have each new monthly episode read to them, opening up and inspiring a new class of readers.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 2 users Like Dom's post
14-09-2018, 06:47 PM
Maybe it's a sort of short story anthology?

Start with a blog. Write your heart away and forget the publication costs. Focus on getting readers and building a base of loyal fans.

My strategy of ignoring my problems until they disappear never seems to work out for me. ...I'll try to get around to dealing with that in the near future.
[+] 1 user Likes Aliza's post
14-09-2018, 06:58 PM
my dad did that I think. so let me get this straight... release a story or per multiverse a month for free and start a patron... then release it as an anthology. genius????

14-09-2018, 07:06 PM
Didn't Fifty Shades of Gray start that way, online?

Where are we going and why am I in this hand basket?
"Life is not all lovely thorns and singing vultures, you know." ~ Morticia Addams

"You're only given one little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it." Robin Williams
[+] 1 user Likes outtathereligioncloset's post
14-09-2018, 07:25 PM
Good luck. Let us know how it goes.

fudge is the only divinity that matters
[+] 1 user Likes julep's post
14-09-2018, 07:30 PM
I will....XD.

[+] 1 user Likes kunoxian drive's post
14-09-2018, 08:03 PM
(14-09-2018 06:58 PM)kunoxian drive Wrote:  my dad did that I think. so let me get this straight... release a story or per multiverse a month for free and start a patron... then release it as an anthology. genius????

If your stuff is amazing, you can publish with a traditional publisher and people will be chomping at the bit to get their hands on your next short story each month. Unfortunately, this is probably not too realistic if you've never been published before.

Write short stories. How often you release them is not nearly as important as gaining a fan base. You can release them by blog, or you can release them on Kindle or Nook as freebies. People will search your genre, find the freebies and give your stuff a shot because it's free. Also attend writer's functions and promote your stories. It amazes me that writers don't view either other as competition because each book or story that gets released in a particular genre supports that genre's marketability. Authors in your genre will help you promote your work because it helps them with theirs. As your stuff gains popularity, you can then demonstrate to a traditional publisher that your collection of short stories -your anthology series- can sell as printed material.

My strategy of ignoring my problems until they disappear never seems to work out for me. ...I'll try to get around to dealing with that in the near future.