whatever happened to "trangaming"

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-02-2016, 01:10 PM
whatever happened to "trangaming"
and no I don't mean the company..{video below...} but the idea is good enough.. whatever happened to games that affected each other in this way.

https://youtu.be/uiYuBrApdyY

1. Striding and swaggering rootlessness without end. The precious flow of life.
2. one should fear sweet a blood stained flower.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-02-2016, 01:19 PM
RE: whatever happened to "trangaming"
Kaitlyn Jenner might know.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
05-02-2016, 02:05 PM
One of the biggest problems with the idea of making games that are functionally interconnected with each other and with different media is that is is expensive to pull off, and so not many companies really want to risk it, especially given that the AAA part of the industry (which is the best candidate group for such undertakings) is already a money-guzzling beast as it is, and it knows it.

Aside from pure money, technically it's probably going to be a somewhat long trek, making sure all the interconnected systems in the games work together as they should, without breaking any of the games in some way. Simple stuff wouldn't be much of a problem, but more involved stuff might.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 2 users Like Free Thought's post
05-02-2016, 02:14 PM
I guess I was just looking for something to do with my parents.. we have radically different taste though...

05-02-2016, 02:23 PM
It certainly would be a hard to maintain concept, especially for games like mmos that already will often take significant upkeep.

In the rise of the early access free roam do whatever shit world of gaming right now, I often wondered what if you could actually do this to encapsulate the people in areas of the games like DayZ, ARK, Reign of Kings, Rust, H1Z1, etc. In some manner.

I have often wondered not only about this, but also a more interconnected programming. Of course in a way engines that are available to buy into the licenses are like this and they had been open sourced versions in the past like Doom being open to tinker with. But I think how much better details could be potentially achieved if more code was collected and added upon at times instead of games being more often a start from scratch besides maybe the engine it's based on. Just all the assets and details wind up wasted and even within sequels of games that happens so much.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 2 users Like ClydeLee's post
05-02-2016, 10:46 PM
(05-02-2016 02:14 PM)kunoxian drive Wrote:  I guess I was just looking for something to do with my parents.. we have radically different taste though...

Anything that can be played in a web browser can likewise be played from just about anything with a web browser; desktop, laptop, tablet, smart phone, etc.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
06-02-2016, 10:11 AM
(05-02-2016 10:46 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(05-02-2016 02:14 PM)kunoxian drive Wrote:  I guess I was just looking for something to do with my parents.. we have radically different taste though...

Anything that can be played in a web browser can likewise be played from just about anything with a web browser; desktop, laptop, tablet, smart phone, etc.

It's a matter of taste though.. I had found one game me and my mom could play butttt.. I don't have an ios device.. so it's kind of hard to figure out... plus she dosen't have steam.