who from TTA would you most like to meet in real life?

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 3 Average
02-04-2015, 06:57 PM
RE: who from TTA would you most like to meet in real life?
(02-04-2015 05:55 PM)The Polyglot Atheist Wrote:  
(02-04-2015 05:53 PM)Chas Wrote:  There are so many here I'd like to meet, have a meal with, do fun stuff with.

I have met one and am supposed to meet up with Ato next week. Kid Charlegmagne should join us - he's just up the road.

I'll be in Falls Church, VA soon, so a D.C. area meet up could work. I'm in Montreal right now, but I think yak is avoiding me. Consider

Everyone is invited to my place to prune apple trees. Big Grin

Are you at least going to pay those that accept? Consider

I was thinking of it more as a party concept. Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
02-04-2015, 07:05 PM
(02-04-2015 05:53 PM)Chas Wrote:  There are so many here I'd like to meet, have a meal with, do fun stuff with.

I have met one and am supposed to meet up with Ato next week. Kid Charlegmagne should join us - he's just up the road.

I'll be in Falls Church, VA soon, so a D.C. area meet up could work. I'm in Montreal right now, but I think yak is avoiding me. Consider

I don't know if I'm invited but if I am just know that I worked on an apple orchard for a couple of seasons so.......fuck that shit! Smile
Find all posts by this user
02-04-2015, 07:09 PM
(02-04-2015 07:05 PM)Drunkin Druid Wrote:  

I don't know if I'm invited but if I am just know that I worked on an apple orchard for a couple of seasons so.......fuck that shit! Smile

Hush up - don't let the others hear you. Dodgy

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
02-04-2015, 07:20 PM
Ok, I'm not an avid poster, I like to browse and make the odd comment now and then. If any of you should find yourselves in my neck of the woods give me a shout. We could always meet up for a few pints. Who would I most like to meet?.... cjlr, yakherder, dlj and nurse at the same table would make for an interesting conversation.

“The first duty of a man is to think for himself” ― José Martí
[+] 2 users Like Marozz's post
02-04-2015, 07:22 PM
Given I could get over my severe social anxiety which makes it hard for me to be social, let alone meet a bunch of new people at once, I think meeting a ton of people from the forum would be great, list so long I really don't want to type them all

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 1 user Likes JDog554's post
02-04-2015, 08:37 PM
If anyone is in south jersey we can go and catch turtles.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
02-04-2015, 08:39 PM
My Grandpa owned apple orchids in Ontario, Ive always wanted to experience what it would be like. Is there a certain week or two that is most important to use extra hands to help?
02-04-2015, 08:39 PM
I would consider a road trip to Kansas...aren't evenheathen and Kim there? But I would be afraid to catch cooties from the ex who lives there...Undecided

I prefer a distance from him of at least a couple states.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 3 users Like Anjele's post
02-04-2015, 08:51 PM
(02-04-2015 08:39 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I would consider a road trip to Kansas...aren't evenheathen and Kim there? But I would be afraid to catch cooties from the ex who lives there...Undecided

I prefer a distance from him of at least a couple states.

Yeah we're here. Haven't had the pleasure of meeting up Kim yet, even though we don't live too far from each other. There's a couple of others from TTA that aren't too far away. Guley is within driving distance, and I know Jazzoz is really close, though he doesn't frequent the forum much anymore. Always meant to get together with him for a beer, life just gets busy you know?

You should do it, we could all get together and make a day of it.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 1 user Likes evenheathen's post
02-04-2015, 08:55 PM
[Image: 4fb2366306ce2.png]

I was mentioned by a few folks... Aww! Love you guys Heart

It's true, there are so many to choose from. I can imagine little adventures with each of you.

Chas has always sounded so welcoming. I could visit for dinner, and he could grill something up while I bake dessert.

I could wisk away to see DLJ where he'd charm me to death, and introduce me to his room mates Big Grin

I could visit Guley, and we'd talk and laugh for hours while I swat away well intentioned but wandering hands Dodgy Tongue

I could get with girlyman and get a bit schnockered with him while we wax philosophical and shit. Lots of bear hugs!

Earmuffs and I would break into the zoo to ride the giraffes while we tell really bad jokes to the Penguins.

I could go out for a night on the town with nurse, and check out cute guys Big Grin

I could meet up with Anj and talk about life and laugh with her.

I could meet with gwog, meet his cute little puppies, pick his brain and be in awe of his knowledge, and learn a thing or two about fitness.

Zeke could show me how he does his biology research, or sit and show me Pokemon stuff.

I'd go to dinner with clockwork and figure out all his secrets.

I could meet Bows' family, and we could all go to a museum or zoo together or something Yes

Full circle could take me scuba diving, wee!

I would love to meet moms and her family, to get a peek inside her house and watch her make one of those delicious meals she's always talking about. Then we could watch house of cards and swoon over Kevin spacey Blush

Free thought and I could stare awkwardly at each other, each of us being too nervous to start a convo Laugh out load we could go to whatever movie he wanted to see. That'd be fun!

Polyglot could teach me how to curse in different languages, and make me laugh.

Moron dog would be such a sweetie, I'd love to have him show me around where he lives.

Elk could teach me a few basic drum moves, and show me all the awesome and disturbing videos he's recently found. He could show me what games he's currently playing.

I'd love to see Revs and EA after they're all settled. We could go to the observatory in TX I've been wanting to visit, and learn about awesome space stuff. Then a game of dungeons and dragons.

I could go and just live with Miss Suzanne. There is no end to the fun we would have. She's just so funny!

Tarty and I would of course visit the ARL, and adopt 15 cats for the day.

I'd go see Ferdi, and he'd help me pick out my first tattoo while we walk around just literally not evening.

This thread made me start this list in my head, and I had to write it out. I started to notice that there are so many different experiences I could have with each of you, and that's part of the reason I love this forum. We are a varied and diverse group that somehow manages to feel like one big happy yet slightly dysfunctional family.

Evenheathen and I could jam to some sweet tunes.

Beautiful ladyJane and I would rock out to Jesus Christ superstar!!!

I know I probably missed so many people too! I'm sorry if I did.
[+] 16 users Like Smercury44's post