who from TTA would you most like to meet in real life?

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 3 Average
02-04-2015, 10:03 PM
RE: who from TTA would you most like to meet in real life?
(02-04-2015 09:57 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  
(02-04-2015 09:41 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  Just need the Tornado experience which with it being Kansas i'm sure you all experience a lot lol

My whole life I've only seen one with my own two eyes, and I had to chase it. Though the closest call came within a quarter mile right on track to hit us before it returned to the sky.

Never saw that one, middle of the night and I was huddled in the basement. Funny, now that I think of it, I was still a believer then but I don't recall praying once.

Sounds like a scary experience. Never seen a tornado IRL. Here in Michigan we do not tend to get them much, well, at least in my area. We mostly get that lake effect snow which makes you sick of the color white lol

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-04-2015, 10:41 PM
I've met two so far. Next one can be... Girly? You live in Maryland, right? If I actually end up at grad school in DC, that could work out! Anybody else in/around DC?

Atheism is the only way to truly be free from sin.
02-04-2015, 10:46 PM
(02-04-2015 10:03 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  Sounds like a scary experience.

Nah, I was drunk. Facepalm

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
02-04-2015, 11:27 PM
(02-04-2015 10:46 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  
(02-04-2015 10:03 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  Sounds like a scary experience.

Nah, I was drunk. Facepalm

I plan to be drunk tomorrow evening during our tornado threat. Should just be smaller spin-up tornados - EF0-EF3. April 2011 will probably have me forever totally freaked with storms - had to remind myself with the storms earlier this afternoon that there were no sirens and that it didn't "feel" tornadic outside.

No one needs to visit Nurse in April. No

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 1 user Likes Nurse's post
02-04-2015, 11:42 PM
Nobody 'cause I'm fat, lazy, and boring. Big Grin

living word
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like houseofcantor's post
03-04-2015, 01:11 AM
I'm pretty new here and the only ones I feel like I know, from the other forum, are Chas, whateverist, Losty, and Min. I think that'd be a pretty cool table for conversation.
[+] 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post
03-04-2015, 04:38 AM (This post was last modified: 03-04-2015 05:09 AM by The Polyglot Atheist.)
I came up with a list but I have been constantly fixing it and changing it but...well here it is: I think it'd be cool to meet people like Free Thought, UndergroundP, pablo, Chas, Full Circle, Moms, Colourcraze, Ladywallflower, Escape Artist and Rev, KidCharlemagne, Smerc Big Grin, Hobbitgirl even though she hates me Tongue, dancefortwo even though we haven't talked much, Losty, Dom, DLJ, cljr, Zeke...

I also wanted to meet Nurse, Deidre and Anjele, but apparently they don't want to meet me. Dodgy

I'm not sure if I forgot someone... But I'd like to me anyone that genuinely wants to meet me.

孤独 - The Out Crowd
Life is a flash of light between two eternities of darkness.
[Image: Schermata%202014-10-24%20alle%2012.39.01.png]
[+] 5 users Like The Polyglot Atheist's post
03-04-2015, 06:14 AM
(02-04-2015 12:31 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  oh the possibilities ......you know I guess since it is impossible to pick one, I will just choose......if I could have lunch with someone, I would pick....RobbyPants, because he and I have shared many moments completely discrediting and dismantling the random theist that kicks in the door at TTA to come tell us heathens a thing or two...and that has and will hopefully continue to be good times. Thumbsup

Well, thank you.

It's funny, because even though you've listed me several times as a source, I always think of you as the go-to guy for information on this kind of stuff. I actually don't consider myself that knowledgeable. While I think I'm decent on counter-apologetics, I don't know a lot about history. I suppose I should correct that, one of these days. I certainly have learned a lot in my year-and-a-half here.

(02-04-2015 12:31 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  So, who would you most like to meet, if you could, just a thought exercise, a musing..harder to do than you thought isn't it?

Damn, that is tough. Time for a list, because I can't not uses BBCode lists ever since that one time AlphaMale bitched about them:
  • As I already said, GoodWithoutGod is my general go-to guy for info, here. Also, I'd love to just talk about life experiences in general. He's been through a lot.
  • I'd love to meet Losty, because Losty.
  • EvolutionKills, cjlr, and TheIniquisition all have similar posting styles to me in many ways (except for EK's MLP memes Tongue ). If they get to a thread before me, chances are, they've already said what I was going to. It'd be fun to get to know them more outside of TTA.
  • Chas, because his combination of civility, intellect, and coming off as a total badass cracks me up. Also, fellow programmer.
  • About any glimpse into Nurse's private life seems interesting as hell. She'd be fun to meet.
  • I always wanted to get to know Witchy better. She's always so interesting.

Being forced to narrow it down to one person, I think I'd pick Losty. She's the person I've talked to the most outside of here, and it'd be fun to actually meet face-to-face. Also, I haven't talked to her in freaking forever, and it'd be nice to chat in person.
[+] 5 users Like RobbyPants's post
03-04-2015, 06:58 AM
I love many people on this forum. When I first became an atheist, it was very lonely down here in the bible belt, and I would wonder who on the forum lives close to me.

There are so many cool people on here! Thumbsup

"Most people are other people.
Their thoughts are someone else's opinions,
their lives a mimicry,
their passions a quotation."
-Oscar Wilde
[+] 2 users Like LadyWallFlower's post
03-04-2015, 07:54 AM
(02-04-2015 05:53 PM)Chas Wrote:  There are so many here I'd like to meet, have a meal with, do fun stuff with.

I have met one and am supposed to meet up with Ato next week. Kid Charlegmagne should join us - he's just up the road.

I'll be in Falls Church, VA soon, so a D.C. area meet up could work. I'm in Montreal right now, but I think yak is avoiding me. Consider

Everyone is invited to my place to prune apple trees. Big Grin

Let me know when and where, if I can make it I will! Smile

If you let near any plant it will surely perish so don't do it. WeepingNo

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
[+] 3 users Like KidCharlemagne1962's post