who knows about keyboards?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-11-2013, 08:05 AM
who knows about keyboards?
My keyboard is acting really weird and I can't use it at all (using an old one now).

Instead of a space, it prints a number. Instead of deleting, it prints a letter.

I've had it for a few months and it worked just fine til this morning.

I did spill a few drops of coffee on it this am - not a lot, just a couple of drops, I thought I had gotten it all wiped up. Not sure if that is connected or coincidental.

Any ideas?

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-11-2013, 08:27 AM
RE: who knows about keyboards?
(24-11-2013 08:05 AM)Dom Wrote:  My keyboard is acting really weird and I can't use it at all (using an old one now).

Instead of a space, it prints a number. Instead of deleting, it prints a letter.

I've had it for a few months and it worked just fine til this morning.

I did spill a few drops of coffee on it this am - not a lot, just a couple of drops, I thought I had gotten it all wiped up. Not sure if that is connected or coincidental.

Any ideas?

I think I know...

In conclusion, Vosur broke your keyboard while you were away.

And to fix it, wait for Filox

[Image: 9f6.gif]
[+] 2 users Like ELK12695's post
24-11-2013, 10:45 AM
Maybe you switched the keyboard layout by accident?

I don't really like going outside.
It's too damn "peopley" out there....
24-11-2013, 10:58 AM
(24-11-2013 10:45 AM)Lightvader Wrote:  Maybe you switched the keyboard layout by accident?

How does one do that? Clueless.

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
24-11-2013, 11:55 AM
Ctrl+shift or alt+shift,or via control panel https://support.mozilla.org/nl/questions/787116

I don't really like going outside.
It's too damn "peopley" out there....
[+] 1 user Likes Lightvader's post
24-11-2013, 12:03 PM
(24-11-2013 08:05 AM)Dom Wrote:  I've had it for a few months and it worked just fine til this morning.

I did spill a few drops of coffee on it this am - not a lot, just a couple of drops, I thought I had gotten it all wiped up.

Women Big Grin

If I spilled coffee on your keyboard, it'd be Censored Censored and Ohmy in the Censored; but since it was you, it's a few drops. I mean, how does one even spill a few drops...

OK, I'm done. Sorry, I am a bad man. Anyhoo, if you didn't fry it, it should be fine when it dries. You know, on the inside?

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
24-11-2013, 12:09 PM
(24-11-2013 12:03 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(24-11-2013 08:05 AM)Dom Wrote:  I've had it for a few months and it worked just fine til this morning.

I did spill a few drops of coffee on it this am - not a lot, just a couple of drops, I thought I had gotten it all wiped up.

Women Big Grin

If I spilled coffee on your keyboard, it'd be Censored Censored and Ohmy in the Censored; but since it was you, it's a few drops. I mean, how does one even spill a few drops...

OK, I'm done. Sorry, I am a bad man. Anyhoo, if you didn't fry it, it should be fine when it dries. You know, on the inside?

If you spilled coffee on my keyboard, it would be

Bechased Beat_stick Bangin

and you would be Sadcryface2

I don't think any got on the inside, but it could have I guess. It's not fried, it just prints some odd characters.

I think I'm going to let it sit til tomorrow and if it still doesn't work, try to reset the keyboard layout.

[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
24-11-2013, 12:16 PM
Well, all you really need is a lab bench and some signal analysis!

What sort of connection is it? PS/2 is really simple to troubleshoot - press a button and see if you get the right pulse. USB is more annoying.

But that would be testing to see if the interior electronics are themselves broken (or if not broken per se then temporarily crossed). Moisture can do funky things - but since it wasn't distilled water you spilled there'll be residue, and whether that has any effect, you'll have to wait and see...

... this is my signature!
24-11-2013, 12:21 PM
(24-11-2013 12:16 PM)cjlr Wrote:  Well, all you really need is a lab bench and some signal analysis!

What sort of connection is it? PS/2 is really simple to troubleshoot - press a button and see if you get the right pulse. USB is more annoying.

But that would be testing to see if the interior electronics are themselves broken (or if not broken per se then temporarily crossed). Moisture can do funky things - but since it wasn't distilled water you spilled there'll be residue, and whether that has any effect, you'll have to wait and see...

It's wireless USB, and it's solar. Logitech.

24-11-2013, 12:25 PM
(24-11-2013 12:21 PM)Dom Wrote:  It's wireless USB, and it's solar. Logitech.

Bad luck.

That's even more places to isolate fault!

(and probably more expensive to replace... Undecided )

... this is my signature!
[+] 1 user Likes cjlr's post