who knows about keyboards?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-11-2013, 01:19 PM
RE: who knows about keyboards?
(24-11-2013 01:07 PM)Lightvader Wrote:  Btw,you could also buy a cheap keyboard

if you want to try to safe it,do this

1.unscrew the screws at the bottom
2.carefully take the bottom away while holding it upside down. (the lil' rubber thingies are a pain to put back)

3. Now you should see some kind of plastic electronic board

4.use a clean hankerchief dipped in alcohol to remove residu
5.wait till alcohol evaporates(or use blowdryer)
6.re-asemble keyboard

I did this years ago after spilling sweet tea into a keyboard...they weren't as cheap then. What a pain in the ass (quite right about those little rubber bumper thingies). Now I probably have four keyboards from old systems that I hang onto for just such an emergency.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-11-2013, 01:59 PM
Because i had nothing to do,i googled keyboards.

[Image: 220px-AlphaGrip_Handheld_Keyboard_placed...t_2013.png] how the crap do you type with this keyboard?

I don't really like going outside.
It's too damn "peopley" out there....
[+] 1 user Likes Lightvader's post
24-11-2013, 02:20 PM
(24-11-2013 01:19 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(24-11-2013 01:07 PM)Lightvader Wrote:  Btw,you could also buy a cheap keyboard

if you want to try to safe it,do this

1.unscrew the screws at the bottom
2.carefully take the bottom away while holding it upside down. (the lil' rubber thingies are a pain to put back)

3. Now you should see some kind of plastic electronic board

4.use a clean hankerchief dipped in alcohol to remove residu
5.wait till alcohol evaporates(or use blowdryer)
6.re-asemble keyboard

I did this years ago after spilling sweet tea into a keyboard...they weren't as cheap then. What a pain in the ass (quite right about those little rubber bumper thingies). Now I probably have four keyboards from old systems that I hang onto for just such an emergency.

Seriously, just get something cheap with a USB wire than runs into the damn thing. You don't seem like a "Ultimate gamer 'guy'" that need a billion buttons and flashing lights to make a gaming rig look cool.

[Image: 9f6.gif]
24-11-2013, 02:38 PM
(24-11-2013 02:20 PM)ELK12695 Wrote:  
(24-11-2013 01:19 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I did this years ago after spilling sweet tea into a keyboard...they weren't as cheap then. What a pain in the ass (quite right about those little rubber bumper thingies). Now I probably have four keyboards from old systems that I hang onto for just such an emergency.

Seriously, just get something cheap with a USB wire than runs into the damn thing. You don't seem like a "Ultimate gamer 'guy'" that need a billion buttons and flashing lights to make a gaming rig look cool.

No wires! Not. Ever. Again.

And I am a keyboard nut. Most of them I end up popping out the Caps Lock key. I don't like laptops because I can't stand the keyboard. There are not a lot of keyboards I like.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
24-11-2013, 04:48 PM
(24-11-2013 01:59 PM)Lightvader Wrote:  Because i had nothing to do,i googled keyboards.

[Image: 220px-AlphaGrip_Handheld_Keyboard_placed...t_2013.png] how the crap do you type with this keyboard?

http://www.alphagrips.com/typingdemo.html

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
24-11-2013, 04:55 PM
Yabbut.... I hunt and peck! Sadcryface2

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
24-11-2013, 05:46 PM
Okay, I'm a professional IT, so lay your worries to rest.

Step 1.) Turn your computer on. If the problems persists then...
Step 2.) Reset your PC. If the problems persists then...
Step 3.) Unplug your receiver, and plug it back in. If the problems persists then...
Step 4.) Reset your PC. If the problems persists then...
Step 5.) If the problems persists then...buy a new keyboard.

Tongue

Okay, seriously, it sounds like it is probably hardware related based on the coffee spillage. If it is, it probably isn't worth fixing if it isn't working properly after drying thoroughly.

If it is software though, you could check, as has been suggested, that you didn't inadvertently change your keyboard map. Could also try uninstalling and reinstalling your device driver, and check for an updating driver while your at it. My guess is it isn't software related.

24-11-2013, 05:53 PM
(24-11-2013 05:46 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  Okay, I'm a professional IT, so lay your worries to rest.

Step 1.) Turn your computer on. If the problems persists then...
Step 2.) Reset your PC. If the problems persists then...
Step 3.) Unplug your receiver, and plug it back in. If the problems persists then...
Step 4.) Reset your PC. If the problems persists then...
Step 5.) If the problems persists then...buy a new keyboard.

Tongue

Okay, seriously, it sounds like it is probably hardware related based on the coffee spillage. If it is, it probably isn't worth fixing if it isn't working properly after drying thoroughly.

If it is software though, you could check, as has been suggested, that you didn't inadvertently change your keyboard map. Could also try uninstalling and reinstalling your device driver, and check for an updating driver while your at it. My guess is it isn't software related.

Well, I can't even find any screws on this thing to take it apart. I have been known to take things apart and make them work again despite leftover parts. Tongue

Anyway, I think I'll just use this spare (it has an issue with spacing, sometimes words all run together to make delicious word salad) and look at buying myself a new system for xmas. My computer has hiccups too. Seems like these things barely last longer than two years anymore. And the keyboard is only a couple months old and I liked it. Confused

24-11-2013, 08:46 PM
(24-11-2013 01:59 PM)Lightvader Wrote:  Because i had nothing to do,i googled keyboards.

If I can get this model...

[Image: image_zpsef5da487.jpg]

Sold! Angel

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
24-11-2013, 08:54 PM
That model or that "model" Angel

I don't really like going outside.
It's too damn "peopley" out there....