who's just being dogmatic

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-05-2016, 08:48 AM
RE: who's just being dogmatic
YOU TOFFEY NOSED, INSIPPID, GORMLESS LITTLE....

Oh.... I'm sorry.... Blush

I though you were here for abuse. I mistook the thread. Have fun with your argument. Thumbsup
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Peebothuhul's post
17-05-2016, 08:58 AM
whoops, guess i was never told the dogma after the atheist indoctrination ritual. must have missed that somehow.
17-05-2016, 09:01 AM
If I'm going through an atheist phase it's lasted for more than 30 years.

But I'm just here for the cookies. I'm sure someone told me there would be cookies.
[+] 3 users Like julep's post
17-05-2016, 09:07 AM
(17-05-2016 09:01 AM)julep Wrote:  If I'm going through an atheist phase it's lasted for more than 30 years.

But I'm just here for the cookies. I'm sure someone told me there would be cookies.

no cookies. we do have symbolic dawkins crackers and hitchens wine though.
17-05-2016, 09:14 AM
I'm an atheist because I enjoy cricket.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 2 users Like Banjo's post
17-05-2016, 10:16 AM
(17-05-2016 06:24 AM)ImFred Wrote:  So I'm new here and this might have been brought up a million times. This thread is inspired by the incredibly long and in my opinion incredibly stupid discussion about whether babies are atheists. That plus the I was blah blah religion and I "came out" as an atheist comments leads me to the conclusion that a lot of people are just jumping around from dogma to dogma. I wonder what percent on here are just going through a phase. Or just want a contrarian position. Want to argue.

Atheism is not a dogma. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
17-05-2016, 11:51 AM
(17-05-2016 06:24 AM)ImFred Wrote:  So I'm new here and this might have been brought up a million times. This thread is inspired by the incredibly long and in my opinion incredibly stupid discussion about whether babies are atheists. That plus the I was blah blah religion and I "came out" as an atheist comments leads me to the conclusion that a lot of people are just jumping around from dogma to dogma. I wonder what percent on here are just going through a phase. Or just want a contrarian position. Want to argue.

So the thing about atheism and babies is....
Just kidding

Obviously no one person is going to be interested in every debate that happens here or even feel it's a valid topic (I'm sure the mods/admins have to read much more than they wish they had to). But us being a ragtag bunch of individuals we will have stuff to talk about. I'm not certain what that has to do with dogma. I mean, we could get into a discussion over "what is dogma", but I don't think you would be interested in that (nor would I).

As far as people going through a phase. I think that's hardly ever the case. Outside of Deirdre (yeah that's right, name dropping) I haven't seen too many people jumping bandwagon or being confused. If anything, "I want to dedicate some portion of my life to being part of an online community" is the what tends to be a phase. Lots of people come and go. Including myself.

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
17-05-2016, 11:52 AM
And being atheist specifically to be a contrarian would be...very juvenile to say the least.

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
[+] 1 user Likes Adrianime's post
17-05-2016, 08:16 PM
Yeah

I guess no one can speak for anyone but themselves so this thread was a pretty stupid idea.

People join forums to discuss things so for me to join and then say why are you people discussing this stuff is really dumb

Fail thread

My bad
17-05-2016, 08:47 PM
I've always thought, and have said it on here several times that saying "all babies are atheists" is just a bit daft to me.

Yeah, technically its true... But its just kind of silly, and a pointless thing to say if you really think about it.

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Sam's post