who's just being dogmatic

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-05-2016, 08:59 AM
RE: who's just being dogmatic
(17-05-2016 08:47 PM)Sam Wrote:  I've always thought, and have said it on here several times that saying "all babies are atheists" is just a bit daft to me.

Yeah, technically its true... But its just kind of silly, and a pointless thing to say if you really think about it.

No, it is not at all pointless.

The point is that religion is taught, that the religion one adopts is entirely dependent on social environment and has nothing to do with truth.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
19-05-2016, 09:11 AM
RE: who's just being dogmatic
(17-05-2016 08:47 PM)Sam Wrote:  I've always thought, and have said it on here several times that saying "all babies are atheists" is just a bit daft to me.

Yeah, technically its true... But its just kind of silly, and a pointless thing to say if you really think about it.

Much like the term Atheist is pointless... it would be pointless if it weren't for it being a political/social movement of others frequently expressing the opposite.

The notion didn't arise out of just the thought of, oh yeah babies are blank slats but people often would go around talking about Christian Children or Muslim children if these weren't just children and infants only of that "domination" because their families.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply