why am i the one that needs to be corrected?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-07-2015, 06:50 PM (This post was last modified: 09-07-2015 08:33 PM by purpledaisies.)
why am i the one that needs to be corrected?
My husband's step mom said she needs to talk to me and help me out with my views!!! What??? Why am I the one with messed up views?? And apparently I need to be schooled on the things I post on Fb. Or should I say my respondes to religion on Facebook. What I mean is when certain people post things that aren't true or they have no idea what they are talking about I'll post a link to the truth.

My husband told her she wouldn't win that I've done extensive research on the subject and I'd blow her out if the water.

Not to mention she is not even very religious. So again why is it that I'M the one with messed up views and I need to be corrected??
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 6 users Like purpledaisies's post
09-07-2015, 06:53 PM
RE: why am i the one tgat needs to be corrected?
(09-07-2015 06:50 PM)purpledaisies Wrote:  My husband's step mom said she needs to talk to me and help me out with my views!!! What??? Why am I the one with messed up views?? And apparently I need to be schooled on the things I post on Fb. Or should I say my respondes to religion on Facebook. What I mean is when certain people post things that aren't true or they have no idea what they are talking about I'll post a link to the truth.

My husband told her she wouldn't win that I've done extensive research on the subject and I'd blow her out if the water.

Not to mention she is not even very religious. So again why is it that I'M the one with messed up views and I need to be corrected??

No, you are not the one in need of correction.

Here is a recent photo I saw of you > Smartass

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
09-07-2015, 07:07 PM
Well isn't it the societal given role for her to believe that of you. That is what all the jokes say about Step-Moms & Mother-in-laws. When you are both of those combined you have to take that stance.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
09-07-2015, 07:08 PM
(09-07-2015 06:53 PM)Banjo Wrote:  
(09-07-2015 06:50 PM)purpledaisies Wrote:  My husband's step mom said she needs to talk to me and help me out with my views!!! What??? Why am I the one with messed up views?? And apparently I need to be schooled on the things I post on Fb. Or should I say my respondes to religion on Facebook. What I mean is when certain people post things that aren't true or they have no idea what they are talking about I'll post a link to the truth.

No, you are not the one in need of correction.

Here is a recent photo I saw of you > Smartass

Haha thanks for that. Smile
[+] 1 user Likes purpledaisies's post
09-07-2015, 07:09 PM
(09-07-2015 07:07 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  Well isn't it the societal given role for her to believe that of you. That is what all the jokes say about Step-Moms & Mother-in-laws. When you are both of those combined you have to take that stance.

Yea but we get along great expect for religion. But then again like I said sgevisnt religious and has never talked about religion before. So what is all this about??
09-07-2015, 07:34 PM
Maybe she likes what you're saying and wants to help you improve your view count?

... no, wait, that's youtube. Yeah, you're screwed.

Seriously? Stand your ground but don't go on the offensive. She'll be on your turf in three respects. First, she's initiating, which makes the impetus to move forward hers. Second, she's trying to talk about your activities or behavior, which is your turf again. And third, she's the one who is (possibly) trying to persuade you of something, which puts the burden of being persuasive on her. Any time she tries to make you persuade her of anything, remind her that she's the one who wanted this meeting. You're here to hear her out, as a courtesy, and not to change her mind. You're in a very defensible position, so stand there confidently and let her take the offensive. You can withstand it and it will keep you from being drawn out of your defense and onto shakier turf.

If things prove combative, have her establish, early on, her goals, and call her on it if she deviates from them. If she's there to try to persuade you of something, call her out when she challenges you to prove something, because she's there to persuade you and not vice versa. If she's there to get a clear view of your opinion on something, then shut her down when she starts lecturing, because she said she's there to listen, and if she wasn't lying about that, then why does she keep interrupting? If she's just there to tell you stuff, let her speak until she's tired, then tell her she said what she came there to say, mission accomplished, let's talk about the weather instead. What? She's demanding a response from you now? That's not why she came here, is it?

But don't assume it's going to be a lecture or a conversion attempt. Don't assume it ISN'T, but be open to the possibility that it isn't. She might want to talk tactics or tone instead -- not really caring what you believe, but wanting to take you to task for how you interact with believers. Or maybe she thinks some things you've said make sense, and is honestly rethinking some of her own beliefs and wants your input. (Expect her to launch into arguments pretty quickly in this case; these might be what's holding her in place if she's having doubts.)
[+] 2 users Like Reltzik's post
09-07-2015, 07:52 PM
(09-07-2015 07:34 PM)Reltzik Wrote:  Maybe she likes what you're saying and wants to help you improve your view count?

... no, wait, that's youtube. Yeah, you're screwed.

Seriously? Stand your ground but don't go on the offensive. She'll be on your turf in three respects. First, she's initiating, which makes the impetus to move forward hers. Second, she's trying to talk about your activities or behavior, which is your turf again. And third, she's the one who is (possibly) trying to persuade you of something, which puts the burden of being persuasive on her. Any time she tries to make you persuade her of anything, remind her that she's the one who wanted this meeting. You're here to hear her out, as a courtesy, and not to change her mind. You're in a very defensible position, so stand there confidently and let her take the offensive. You can withstand it and it will keep you from being drawn out of your defense and onto shakier turf.

If things prove combative, have her establish, early on, her goals, and call her on it if she deviates from them. If she's there to try to persuade you of something, call her out when she challenges you to prove something, because she's there to persuade you and not vice versa. If she's there to get a clear view of your opinion on something, then shut her down when she starts lecturing, because she said she's there to listen, and if she wasn't lying about that, then why does she keep interrupting? If she's just there to tell you stuff, let her speak until she's tired, then tell her she said what she came there to say, mission accomplished, let's talk about the weather instead. What? She's demanding a response from you now? That's not why she came here, is it?

But don't assume it's going to be a lecture or a conversion attempt. Don't assume it ISN'T, but be open to the possibility that it isn't. She might want to talk tactics or tone instead -- not really caring what you believe, but wanting to take you to task for how you interact with believers. Or maybe she thinks some things you've said make sense, and is honestly rethinking some of her own beliefs and wants your input. (Expect her to launch into arguments pretty quickly in this case; these might be what's holding her in place if she's having doubts.)

She was to convert me. When my husband told her she wouldn't win that I know my facts and I'd blow her out of the water, he said she started to back off and said I guess there us no point. He said if you ate trying to convenience her of religion, nope.
09-07-2015, 08:11 PM
She might have read your thread title?
[+] 3 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
09-07-2015, 08:26 PM
The only thing in need of correction is the typo in the title. Wink

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 2 users Like Banjo's post
09-07-2015, 08:28 PM
Quote:So again why is it that I'M the one with messed up views and I need to be corrected??

The phrase "Fuck Off" was invented for just these occasions. Apply it liberally to the infected areas!

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
[+] 1 user Likes Minimalist's post