why do peopel think in black and white

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-03-2014, 09:27 PM (This post was last modified: 29-03-2014 09:33 PM by kunoxian drive.)
RE: why do peopel think in black and white
I'll try... this is my example....

things come in white, femininity, softness good,

and their opposites=black, manliness, hard, evil

that is thae way most people see most of reality buttttt...... reality doesn't work like that in each one of those ideas whether they be black or white are many little details. switch just one of them between any of the other sides ideas or fill it with a neutral idea and you get many variations that reality can offer and believe me those details are infinite.

millions of ideas make up the experience of the apple... change just one and you have apple sauce..... lol

1. Striding and swaggering rootlessness without end. The precious flow of life.
2. one should fear sweet a blood stained flower.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-03-2014, 09:44 PM
(29-03-2014 09:27 PM)kunoxian drive Wrote:  I'll try... this is my example....

things come in white, femininity, softness good,

and their opposites=black, manliness, hard, evil

that is thae way most people see most of reality buttttt...... reality doesn't work like that in each one of those ideas whether they be black or white are many little details. switch just one of them between any of the other sides ideas or fill it with a neutral idea and you get many variations that reality can offer and believe me those details are infinite.

Ok I think I might understand. I think everyone has issues with this. No matter where a person is from, their religion(or lack of), culture, their society, most people are raised knowing certain things to be true.
Girls like pink
Boys don't cry
Police are safe
Right is always right, wrong is always wrong.
Some of things we are taught are more true than others, but I've seen in my personal experiences that almost nothing is always true.
Well anyways, I think the reason many people "see in black and white" is because it's easiest and safest to stick to what you "know" and were taught to believe.

Responding to your post makes me feel like I have been sucked into the twilight zone and I am not even sure if I'm making sense any more...

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
[+] 1 user Likes Losty's post
29-03-2014, 09:47 PM
you are lol... and you are right of coerce.

29-03-2014, 09:53 PM
I think I get you Kunoxy, I'll try and elaborate a bit. Tell me if I've interpreted you incorrectly.

I think he's saying that big picture topics are grey, its when we look more closely, see the details and nuances that we can decide whether they are morally ok or not.

Stealing:
If you are stealing money out of old ladies purses to make a buck, when you could get a job - morally not ok.
If you are a down on your luck person stealing a loaf of bread to feed your starving child - morally ok.

Not the best example, but just off the top of my head.

I think he's frustrated that a lot of people don't think like this, they don't look deeper at an issue before passing judgment on someone. They just say stealing is wrong, always, no exceptions.

Edit: took me too long to craft this, looks like we're all on the same page Thumbsup

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
[+] 2 users Like Smercury44's post
29-03-2014, 09:57 PM (This post was last modified: 29-03-2014 10:13 PM by kunoxian drive.)
(29-03-2014 09:53 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  I think I get you Kunoxy, I'll try and elaborate a bit. Tell me if I've interpreted you incorrectly.

I think he's saying that big picture topics are grey, its when we look more closely, see the details and nuances that we can decide whether they are morally ok or not.

Stealing:
If you are stealing money out of old ladies purses to make a buck, when you could get a job - morally not ok.
If you are a down on your luck person stealing a loaf of bread to feed your starving child - morally ok.

Not the best example, but just off the top of my head.

I think he's frustrated that a lot of people don't think like this, they don't look deeper at an issue before passing judgment on someone. They just say stealing is wrong, always, no exceptions.

Edit: took me too long to craft this, looks like we're all on the same page Thumbsup

95% of the way there.. now extend that to reality... we just see things for there surface value and not delve into the big picture on more than just morality but morality is part of. we just take for granted the big picture. lol.

but your mostly right <--------edit

edit:my best friend just told me it's because we like to keep things simple. we don't like the various details... but i think there is joy in the slight details and there differences.... also exchange right with right fir us....

[+] 1 user Likes kunoxian drive's post
29-03-2014, 10:11 PM
Hello, its me again, her to give you another boring scientific explanation. Humans think it black and white because it is in nature for us. For example, when we were thinking in the past we would think there could be only one or another(black and white). However only recently in human evolution have we began to think outside of the box(other colors). So due to the fact they natural selection has not kicked in on thinking more then black and white, expect humans to most of the time think black and white.

Hope this helps.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] ♪僕は恐怖の一定した状態に住んで、不幸、逃すもう?僕は、それはもう痛いときも気づかないと
[+] 2 users Like Metazoa Zeke's post
29-03-2014, 10:19 PM
(29-03-2014 10:11 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  Hello, its me again, her to give you another boring scientific explanation. Humans think it black and white because it is in nature for us. For example, when we were thinking in the past we would think there could be only one or another(black and white). However only recently in human evolution have we began to think outside of the box(other colors). So due to the fact they natural selection has not kicked in on thinking more then black and white, expect humans to most of the time think black and white.

Hope this helps.
exactly what I was trying to get at lol... plus how that effects the world.

[+] 1 user Likes kunoxian drive's post
29-03-2014, 10:35 PM
(29-03-2014 10:19 PM)kunoxian drive Wrote:  
(29-03-2014 10:11 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  Hello, its me again, her to give you another boring scientific explanation. Humans think it black and white because it is in nature for us. For example, when we were thinking in the past we would think there could be only one or another(black and white). However only recently in human evolution have we began to think outside of the box(other colors). So due to the fact they natural selection has not kicked in on thinking more then black and white, expect humans to most of the time think black and white.

Hope this helps.
exactly what I was trying to get at lol... plus how that effects the world.

Oh how it effects the world? Well it sort of makes process harder. For example creationist of all religions can only see black or white, hell even some rational people do too. However when more colors are brought up if confuses people like hindu creationist for example, as the see it is only their gods(white) or nothing made everything(black), even though there is more possibilities. Thinking like this tends to hold humans back, as they won't be able to come to a agreement or think outside the box.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] ♪僕は恐怖の一定した状態に住んで、不幸、逃すもう?僕は、それはもう痛いときも気づかないと
[+] 1 user Likes Metazoa Zeke's post