why do people get to yell at me for something I can't control

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-03-2014, 08:24 PM
RE: why do people get to yell at me for something I can't control
There are many free tools out there to help you with your problem!

No one is perfect!

Onward, my faithful steed!
[Image: ezgif-save_zps4d93a674.gif?t=1395781443]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Crulax's post
28-03-2014, 08:25 PM
what really ticks me off is those trolls that pretend they can't spell good... just so they can make people mad... If I had a magical shot gun right now. It would be firing randomly at them.

1. Striding and swaggering rootlessness without end. The precious flow of life.
2. one should fear sweet a blood stained flower.
28-03-2014, 08:27 PM
The problem is not that you can't afford a tutor, the problem is about self determination, or lack there of it.
If the issue is that you just never learned to read/spell properly than the obvious solution is to learn. You can only do that by being self motivated and not making excuses like you don't have money for a tutor.

I understand that it will be/is hard but most things worth doing are.
Shit just doesn't fall into your lap, you need to push yourself and make an effort to fix it if it bothers you that much.

It's not about money it's about work ethic. There are free resources out there for you. ie: The Library.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
[+] 5 users Like earmuffs's post
28-03-2014, 08:28 PM (This post was last modified: 28-03-2014 08:37 PM by Losty.)
(28-03-2014 08:27 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  The problem is not that you can't afford a tutor, the problem is about self determination, or lack there of it.
If the issue is that you just never learned to read/spell properly than the obvious solution is to learn. You can only do that by being self motivated and not making excuses like you don't have money for a tutor.

Shit just doesn't fall into your lap, you need to push yourself and make an effort to fix it if it bothers you that much.

It's not about money it's about work ethic. There are free resources out there for you. ie: The Library.

*then Tongue

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
28-03-2014, 08:32 PM
(28-03-2014 08:27 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  The problem is not that you can't afford a tutor, the problem is about self determination, or lack there of it.

actually I like this statement because of exactly the fact that I have spent maybe a good bit of money to fix this.... this is why it's such a raw area. well that and how it makes people treat me online. not saying you guys btw.

1. Striding and swaggering rootlessness without end. The precious flow of life.
2. one should fear sweet a blood stained flower.
28-03-2014, 08:37 PM (This post was last modified: 28-03-2014 08:43 PM by Free Thought.)
(28-03-2014 08:04 PM)kunoxian drive Wrote:  I am sorry about my earlier post but.. I am actually angry now and need to blow off some steam. You see I have for years been yelled at over the internet about not having good spelling or grammar but on the other end have very little ability to do anything about changing this. I have bot books and once emptied out my entire wallet just to get no results. basically I should of just kept my money for other things because the books told me what to learn.... just not the info I needed to learn. to very little known facts. books about reading and grammar are aimed at ages thirteen and down or foreigners. so If I want to learn I'd ether have to learn another language or deal with picture books.

and besides that. It's really my teachers fault for me not learning. I know what you arwer about to say, thats not true, but the lady passed me with b's for years and she knew I wasn't getting any better.

p.s. I just needed to blow that steam... it's annoying because at this age I can't do anything about this unless iI had enough money for a tutor and that's not happening any time soon.

Hah, you should have seen me in my Pre-Chrome Era (or rather, 'Error'). I was absolutely abysmal with my spelling and grammar, worse than what I've since seen anywhere outside a 2 year old's realm of ability.

Now, I'mma throw out some sappy advice/self-story which strikes me a really generic, but it's genuine. Therefore, have this spoiler tag so that it can be read only at ones own leisure.

Sure you need a lot of work, but you're nowhere near as bad as I was. Fact is, all that you need to do is keep working at it; use a spell-checker to do the corrections for you if need be, just keep at it and shit will eventually sort itself.
Speech humans do naturally, but writing... Writing is an art that we humans have forged ourselves, like any discipline it takes a great deal of time and effort to become proficient, and it isn't a blanket skill; Hell according to some of my educators I have writing ability above standard (when it comes to word usage), but I have spelling difficulty, tend to over punctuate and I can barely write by hand.

Muffs was right this time; determination: The trick is to keep working at it, but don't let yourself get frustrated.

Oh, and for the record, I can sympathise with you blaming your teachers; I actually do as well somewhat. In school I was incredible slow to display literacy skills; my teacher had me use our class computer to do my writing due to my inability, which in the wisdom of hindsight is probably the worst thing my teacher could have done for me; my handwriting has never really progressed past the sloppy, inarticulate print you'd expect from a child around 8 to 10 years old.
It's funny to think that my classmates used to think I was lucky because I didn't have to write.

The irony in this post is that it is actually one of your more coherent moments, so keep working at it.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 4 users Like Free Thought's post
29-03-2014, 12:58 AM
This is obviously important to you, so a few things off the top of my head.
When you are not sure on how to spell something, look it up
When you want to say something about Netflix and are not sure, go to their site, spelling's in the logo.

If you don't know how to talk about having Bought some books, Google the sentence.
'I bot some books' will be auto-corrected.

Saying you can't help something at all is quitter-talk and is part of the problem.

Aspiring optimist
Eternal Pragmatist.
With the uncanny ability to see all sides in every argument.
[+] 1 user Likes Caveman's post
29-03-2014, 07:37 AM
7H15 M3554G3
53RV35 7O PR0V3
H0W 0UR M1ND5 C4N
D0 4M4Z1NG 7H1NG5!
1MPR3551V3 7H1NG5!
1N 7H3 B3G1NN1NG
17 WA5 H4RD BU7
N0W, 0N 7H15 LIN3
Y0UR M1ND 1S
R34D1NG 17
4U70M471C4LLY
W17H 0U7 3V3N
7H1NK1NG 4B0U7 17.

So.............fuck em. Cool

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
[+] 5 users Like bemore's post
29-03-2014, 08:23 AM
I can understand not being able to spell a word, but not having bad grammar. Why can't you notice that you didn't put a capital letter on the first word of a sentence?
29-03-2014, 08:36 AM
KD,

I have noticed that you have some posts that are fairly well written, to the point that I wonder if it's really you. Other times, the posts are so hard to decipher that I don't have a clue what you trying to say. Do you notice that there are times when your writing is drastically different from other times?

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post