why do people get to yell at me for something I can't control

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-03-2014, 09:13 AM
RE: why do people get to yell at me for something I can't control
(29-03-2014 08:36 AM)Anjele Wrote:  KD,

I have noticed that you have some posts that are fairly well written, to the point that I wonder if it's really you. Other times, the posts are so hard to decipher that I don't have a clue what you trying to say. Do you notice that there are times when your writing is drastically different from other times?

I've noticed this as well.

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-03-2014, 09:18 AM

I have noticed that you have some posts that are fairly well written, to the point that I wonder if it's really you. Other times, the posts are so hard to decipher that I don't have a clue what you trying to say. Do you notice that there are times when your writing is drastically different from other times?

I agree, and someone else mentioned it above too. This thread is one of your better ones.

Take advantage of the spell and grammar checkers, make an effort to see where your error is when it pops something up at you, rather than just clicking the correction and moving on.

And know that many, many people struggle with these errors, it has become a sort of game here with people correcting each other, most people here make errors frequently too.

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
29-03-2014, 09:24 AM
Could it perhaps be some form of dyslexia? Dyslexia is a developmental disorder and no one suffers from it in exactly the same way.

When you're tired or thinking about what you want to say, you may forget to take extra special notice of how you say it. It's the same for everyone, even when they do not have any particular issue with writing. But if your brain is wired up so that you don't easily spot your mistakes, you may need to make a conscious effort to put more care into proof reading than other people.

Spelling mistakes, typographical errors and bad grammar all detracts from what you are trying to say. I often end up editing my posts and very rarely post without proof-reading. I generally read through my posts several times and always find typos.

It may be that you it won't ever come easily to you, but with care it may become less of an issue.
[+] 2 users Like Mathilda's post
29-03-2014, 11:21 AM
I'm confused. A few days ago you said you paid three editors for the book you had written.

You can afford editors for writing a book (even though you know you have a problem with written speech) but you can't afford a basic evaluation of your problem (probably dyslexia) by an expert and a couple of books that could help you?

If you spend 7 years on a book paying editors instead of trying to improve your writing, you won't go far.

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
[+] 1 user Likes undergroundp's post
29-03-2014, 12:05 PM
To be honest (and this may add to you possibly having Dyslexia, or it may not) I remember reading your posts from months and months ago, and you grammar was a lot worse. The human mind can typically place together words even if they're misspelled, but sometimes I did struggle comprehending you. This thread is one of your better grammar examples, though. In my opinion, your writing has become much more legible. I'm basically going to say the same thing that several other people have already said. The internet is a great source in broadening vocabulary and improving grammar. Luckily, you're on a forum! Even reading can eventually help you improve your grammar. It's all about effort and determination. You don't need money. I know a guy who taught himself German using the internet alone. Anything is achievable.

If it makes you feel any better, I'm dumb as fuck, and when I was in elementary school I had to take tons and tons of speech therapy because I had a retarded little stutter, and one time this kid threw his pizza at me at lunch because he asked me a question and I couldn't answer him because I stuttered so hard and I cried but in the end I got a free piece of pizza.

Moral of this run-on sentence story: Everything gets better with work and self determination, and maybe in the long run a kid will throw his pizza at you and you'll get free pizza.
[+] 1 user Likes Ferdinand's post
29-03-2014, 12:56 PM
Ferdinand Wrote:I know a guy who taught himself German using the internet alone. Anything is achievable.
Could you elaborate on this? I have to learn german I'm school.

Ferdinand Wrote:If it makes you feel any better, I'm dumb as fuck, and when I was in elementary school I had to take tons and tons of speech therapy because I had a retarded little stutter, and one time this kid threw his pizza at me at lunch because he asked me a question and I couldn't answer him because I stuttered so hard and I cried but in the end I got a free piece of pizza.

I had speech problems when I was really young too. I couldn't speak until I was a few years old. My mom took me to a speech therapist and now I can speak better than most, I get annoyed at people in class who are slow readers.
29-03-2014, 01:09 PM
(29-03-2014 12:56 PM)Magoo Wrote:  
Ferdinand Wrote:I know a guy who taught himself German using the internet alone. Anything is achievable.
Could you elaborate on this? I have to learn german I'm school.

Ferdinand Wrote:If it makes you feel any better, I'm dumb as fuck, and when I was in elementary school I had to take tons and tons of speech therapy because I had a retarded little stutter, and one time this kid threw his pizza at me at lunch because he asked me a question and I couldn't answer him because I stuttered so hard and I cried but in the end I got a free piece of pizza.

I had speech problems when I was really young too. I couldn't speak until I was a few years old. My mom took me to a speech therapist and now I can speak better than most, I get annoyed at people in class who are slow readers.

I don't really know how to elaborate on my friend learning German. He walked out of his room one day I was visiting, speaking German quite cleanly. You would've thought he had taken classes, but he said he was just curious and bored, and used the internet to learn a little bit.

My stutter was really bad in elementary school. It preventing me from making many friends. Once I got over it, I became a really good reader and it was a lot easier for me to make friends once I could actually voice my thoughts clearly.
29-03-2014, 01:18 PM

I do notice that there are certain things that can impair my writing... like I refuse to type laying down lest I need to and there is a possible distractibility to my brain... also I have been told i write sometimes really well. not sure what I do different.... plus right now my glasses are missing their right limb so It's really hard to see out of them because they are tilted. thus hard to see spelling correction... it's a bit of a mix of things if it is that then.

sorry for the misspelling but i had to say this... distractility.

1. Striding and swaggering rootlessness without end. The precious flow of life.
2. one should fear sweet a blood stained flower.
29-03-2014, 01:24 PM
(29-03-2014 09:24 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  Could it perhaps be some form of dyslexia? Dyslexia is a developmental disorder and no one suffers from it in exactly the same way.

When you're tired or thinking about what you want to say, you may forget to take extra special notice of how you say it. It's the same for everyone, even when they do not have any particular issue with writing. But if your brain is wired up so that you don't easily spot your mistakes, you may need to make a conscious effort to put more care into proof reading than other people.

Spelling mistakes, typographical errors and bad grammar all detracts from what you are trying to say. I often end up editing my posts and very rarely post without proof-reading. I generally read through my posts several times and always find typos.

It may be that you it won't ever come easily to you, but with care it may become less of an issue.

It has been said that I have to read something a week latter before I spot the errors. no literally. I would have to wait that long because I really get that attached to my.. as for dyslexia. I have no clue... I do get some lettering backwards. just add that to the hill of my problems I will over come someday.

29-03-2014, 01:26 PM
(29-03-2014 11:21 AM)undergroundp Wrote:  I'm confused. A few days ago you said you paid three editors for the book you had written.

You can afford editors for writing a book (even though you know you have a problem with written speech) but you can't afford a basic evaluation of your problem (probably dyslexia) by an expert and a couple of books that could help you?

If you spend 7 years on a book paying editors instead of trying to improve your writing, you won't go far.

most tutors I bump into cost $10-$15

but on fiverr an editor cost 45,000 words per 45 dollars... and he has been under utilized.