why do people get to yell at me for something I can't control

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-03-2014, 01:30 PM
RE: why do people get to yell at me for something I can't control
(29-03-2014 01:09 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  
(29-03-2014 12:56 PM)Magoo Wrote:  Could you elaborate on this? I have to learn german I'm school.

I had speech problems when I was really young too. I couldn't speak until I was a few years old. My mom took me to a speech therapist and now I can speak better than most, I get annoyed at people in class who are slow readers.

I don't really know how to elaborate on my friend learning German. He walked out of his room one day I was visiting, speaking German quite cleanly. You would've thought he had taken classes, but he said he was just curious and bored, and used the internet to learn a little bit.

My stutter was really bad in elementary school. It preventing me from making many friends. Once I got over it, I became a really good reader and it was a lot easier for me to make friends once I could actually voice my thoughts clearly.

last one.... I speak very well it's my writing tha has held me back.... except maybe one person who said I write better than I speak... but she was reading my first book.

1. Striding and swaggering rootlessness without end. The precious flow of life.
2. one should fear sweet a blood stained flower.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-03-2014, 01:34 PM
(29-03-2014 01:26 PM)kunoxian drive Wrote:  most tutors I bump into cost $10-$15

but on fiverr an editor cost 45,000 words per 45 dollars... and he has been under utilized.

I didn't say "money for tutors", I said money for an evaluation and some books. My point was, if you really want to take this writing thing seriously, you shouldn't invest on books, you should invest on learning how to write books.

Also, the number of things you can do on the internet for free is extravagant.

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
[+] 1 user Likes undergroundp's post
29-03-2014, 01:38 PM (This post was last modified: 29-03-2014 01:46 PM by kunoxian drive.)
(29-03-2014 01:34 PM)undergroundp Wrote:  
(29-03-2014 01:26 PM)kunoxian drive Wrote:  most tutors I bump into cost $10-$15

but on fiverr an editor cost 45,000 words per 45 dollars... and he has been under utilized.

I didn't say "money for tutors", I said money for an evaluation and some books. My point was, if you really want to take this writing thing seriously, you shouldn't invest on books, you should invest on learning how to write books.

Also, the number of things you can do on the internet for free is extravagant.

sorry I miss understood you. I've got 6 but they are just bad. they just said learn this and didn't actually teach anything. never mind i just realized that was most the books i had but a few that where not. I forgot I had some of these.

1. Striding and swaggering rootlessness without end. The precious flow of life.
2. one should fear sweet a blood stained flower.
29-03-2014, 02:07 PM
You have improved since you first got here. Trying to understand your first posts actually made my head hurt and I ended up ignoring your threads, but now there are just a few mistakes and are easier to overlook.

So it's not impossible, I've seen some of my earlier english posts in other forums and I offended myself on how awful they were. Hobo

Just keep practising, be attentive to words and expressions of others, try to find the patterns like double letters and stuff like that, and when you come across a hard sentence just google the grammar rule that applies to it. And proof read! it's amazing how your mind sees previous sentences as they were written by complete strangers within just a few seconds, and we all know that's easier to correct strangers than ourselves Tongue

Maybe you'll never be able to write perfectly, I know most of us won't, but at least you'll be able to improve to a level in which you'll be understandable without effort Smile

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
[+] 2 users Like nach_in's post
29-03-2014, 02:40 PM (This post was last modified: 29-03-2014 02:44 PM by Luminon.)
(28-03-2014 08:04 PM)kunoxian drive Wrote:  I am sorry about my earlier post but.. I am actually angry now and need to blow off some steam. You see I have for years been yelled at over the internet about not having good spelling or grammar but on the other end have very little ability to do anything about changing this. I have bot books and once emptied out my entire wallet just to get no results. basically I should of just kept my money for other things because the books told me what to learn.... just not the info I needed to learn. to very little known facts. books about reading and grammar are aimed at ages thirteen and down or foreigners. so If I want to learn I'd ether have to learn another language or deal with picture books.

and besides that. It's really my teachers fault for me not learning. I know what you arwer about to say, thats not true, but the lady passed me with b's for years and she knew I wasn't getting any better.

p.s. I just needed to blow that steam... it's annoying because at this age I can't do anything about this unless iI had enough money for a tutor and that's not happening any time soon.
I think this is something we learn at home, this is where we get judged and so we need to judge others to blow off the steam. If others can judge us, why couldn't we?
As we mature emotionally (which many people never do and slide smoothly into senility), we learn to lover others for their errors. Their errors, if not too personally harmful to us, are a wonderful opportunity for offering help, or for feeling better about our own errors. Nobody loves Mr Perfect.

Well, if I may suggest, I use the Torch browser, a modification of Chrome. It underlies in red all the misspellings of English. It corrected quite a lot of words I thought I spelled correctly, such as "occasionally" or "aggressive" - I could never get the amount of C's, G's and S's right. (it's kind of annoying for my native language, though) Sure enough, we learn by doing what we love in English, not by learning English. You're not really interested in English, you love hanging out with interesting people online. English is just a way to get what you want.

Your English seems very good to me now. Not perfect, but more than good enough to enjoy the content of your posts without being bothered by the form. Keep it up Thumbsup
31-03-2014, 06:06 AM
(28-03-2014 08:04 PM)kunoxian drive Wrote:  I am sorry about my earlier post but.. I am actually angry now and need to blow off some steam. You see I have for years been yelled at over the internet about not having good spelling or grammar but on the other end have very little ability to do anything about changing this. I have bot books and once emptied out my entire wallet just to get no results. basically I should of just kept my money for other things because the books told me what to learn.... just not the info I needed to learn. to very little known facts. books about reading and grammar are aimed at ages thirteen and down or foreigners. so If I want to learn I'd ether have to learn another language or deal with picture books.

and besides that. It's really my teachers fault for me not learning. I know what you arwer about to say, thats not true, but the lady passed me with b's for years and she knew I wasn't getting any better.

p.s. I just needed to blow that steam... it's annoying because at this age I can't do anything about this unless iI had enough money for a tutor and that's not happening any time soon.

I don't really understand... Is "spellcheck tool" from any browser such a problem to use? I am good with grammar, but I still use it everyday.

Also, reading helps you write. While reading, your brain remembers how words are spelled, like taking mental pictures of the words. Read a thousand books and you will see a HUGE difference in your grammar. I didn't learn my English in school, I learned it while trying to find out something about Windows errors, in times when there was no other Internet except the English kind of Internet. When you are forced to read and read, pages and pages of boring text, your brain will make use of it in the long run.

Anyway, it's the Internet, why would you care is someone is correcting you're grammar?

Facepalm

Big Grin

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson