why do theists have to follow?!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-05-2015, 04:33 PM
why do theists have to follow?!
Well I post things on Facebook but I hardly ever post anything religious or anti religious. But that hasn't stopped people from following me on Facebook and telling me how I need god and blah blah blah. Mostly religious groups or churches. But I have this one woman that would follow all my posts and comment to me about god and crap even pm me! Gggrrr

But I was talking to someone in another atheist group and he said the same thing.
So bottom line why can't these people just leave us alone like we do to them?? Its not like we have been commenting or talking to them like they do us! They even come here to yell about their god. I guess I don't understand that if it doesn't affect u then why does it matter to them?? Sheesh
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-05-2015, 04:41 PM
RE: why do theists have to follow?!
It is part of their religion. They are trying to 'save you'.
[+] 3 users Like RogueWarrior's post
05-05-2015, 04:48 PM
Start sending her offensive pictures. Big Grin
05-05-2015, 04:53 PM
(05-05-2015 04:48 PM)pablo Wrote:  Start sending her offensive pictures. Big Grin

I just might have too lol Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes purpledaisies's post
05-05-2015, 04:57 PM
(05-05-2015 04:41 PM)RogueWarrior Wrote:  It is part of their religion. They are trying to 'save you'.
/Thread

It's just that simple.
05-05-2015, 05:05 PM
What u and others need to understand is I and others do not want to be saved and want u to leave us alone! Is that too hard to comprehend? The sad part is that we end up having to report u and block u. Then we r the bad guy when u started to begin with!
[+] 1 user Likes purpledaisies's post
05-05-2015, 05:14 PM
I'd love to be saved! It's just that no one has come up with a more plausible, provable or appetising alternative to eternal oblivion yet.

In all honesty, trying to stop my family from murdering each other at wedding or funeral receptions is stressful enough... with the alternative being eternity with them, oblivion is bliss Wink

"Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too"? - Douglas Adams Bechased
[+] 2 users Like LostLegend's post
05-05-2015, 05:36 PM
(05-05-2015 04:33 PM)purpledaisies Wrote:  Well I post things on Facebook but I hardly ever post anything religious or anti religious. But that hasn't stopped people from following me on Facebook and telling me how I need god and blah blah blah. Mostly religious groups or churches. But I have this one woman that would follow all my posts and comment to me about god and crap even pm me! Gggrrr

But I was talking to someone in another atheist group and he said the same thing.
So bottom line why can't these people just leave us alone like we do to them?? Its not like we have been commenting or talking to them like they do us! They even come here to yell about their god. I guess I don't understand that if it doesn't affect u then why does it matter to them?? Sheesh

They need for you to believe so that they can. I can't prove this but I think it is true.

Do not lose your knowledge that man's proper estate is an upright posture, an intransigent mind and a step that travels unlimited roads. - Ayn Rand.

Don't sacrifice for me, live for yourself! - Me

The only alternative to Objectivism is some form of Subjectivism. - Dawson Bethrick
[+] 2 users Like true scotsman's post
05-05-2015, 05:58 PM
Scotsman,

Are you trying to say that you think that all theists somewhere in their minds all have a seed of doubt? Cause that's what I think.
[+] 2 users Like Fodder_From_The_Truth's post
05-05-2015, 06:21 PM
They have boundary issues, and their religion tells them to push Jesus in everybody's face. That's why we have a theist clown posse on this forum.

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
[+] 1 user Likes TheInquisition's post