why do theists have to follow?!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-05-2015, 06:30 PM
RE: why do theists have to follow?!
ah, this is why I don't have a public accountTongue Just friends and family...although I might as well not even have Facebook considering how much time I spend on it. But I also hear if delete the account it will still be there..so what's the point of that? geezz.

But really, they are pretty much ordained to spread the word, just doing what they're told to do.Thumbsup

"I don't have to have faith, I have experience." Joseph Campbell
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-05-2015, 06:41 PM
(05-05-2015 05:58 PM)Fodder_From_The_Truth Wrote:  Scotsman,

Are you trying to say that you think that all theists somewhere in their minds all have a seed of doubt? Cause that's what I think.

That's your impression too?. I have thought if for a long time. I think they see our unbelief as some kind of threat. That's the only thing I can think of to account for their reactions when I tell them that I don't believe. I'm the boy who cried that the emperor has no clothes. That's my impression anyway. Actually I think all they really want is for us to give god the benefit of the doubt. What they fear most is someone who doesn't believe and is certain. Just tell them that you are certain and all hell breaks loose. That's why they insist that we should really call ourselves agnostic instead of atheist. That's my hypothesis anyway.

Do not lose your knowledge that man's proper estate is an upright posture, an intransigent mind and a step that travels unlimited roads. - Ayn Rand.

Don't sacrifice for me, live for yourself! - Me

The only alternative to Objectivism is some form of Subjectivism. - Dawson Bethrick
[+] 1 user Likes true scotsman's post
05-05-2015, 07:21 PM
(05-05-2015 06:41 PM)true scotsman Wrote:  
(05-05-2015 05:58 PM)Fodder_From_The_Truth Wrote:  Scotsman,

Are you trying to say that you think that all theists somewhere in their minds all have a seed of doubt? Cause that's what I think.

That's your impression too?. I have thought if for a long time. I think they see our unbelief as some kind of threat. That's the only thing I can think of to account for their reactions when I tell them that I don't believe. I'm the boy who cried that the emperor has no clothes. That's my impression anyway. Actually I think all they really want is for us to give god the benefit of the doubt. What they fear most is someone who doesn't believe and is certain. Just tell them that you are certain and all hell breaks loose. That's why they insist that we should really call ourselves agnostic instead of atheist. That's my hypothesis anyway.

When I was a religious nut, we were taught to go out and witness to people. I know many christians who have doubts but they are too scared to question god. They also have a very uneducated view of atheists and are taught that we are bad people. They are, in their minds, trying to save us from ourselves.
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
06-05-2015, 06:31 AM
Evangelism is a virulence factor that helps to spread the virus. Religions that don't practice it have either died out or become irrelevant over time. It's evolution. Their religion has evolved to be annoying and has done so in an entirely predictable and reproduable manner.

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
06-05-2015, 06:48 AM
(06-05-2015 06:31 AM)Hafnof Wrote:  reproduable

Big Grin

[Image: ZF1ZJ4M.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-05-2015, 06:51 AM
It's the Eleventh Commandment...

"XI - Thou shalt be more persistent and annoying than a vinyl siding telemarketer."

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
06-05-2015, 07:10 AM
Personally, I have no problem using the block/report functionality with alacrity on Facebook. Not for theists, though. For people who post questionable material to my Gwynnies page. Big Grin

I don't have theists on Facebook. Anybody who posts godcrap gets quickly unfriended. Don't stress that, either. Facebook "friend" really doesn't mean anything.

[Image: ZF1ZJ4M.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-05-2015, 12:43 PM
(05-05-2015 04:33 PM)purpledaisies Wrote:  So bottom line why can't these people just leave us alone like we do to them??

It's the same reason they knock on your door but you don't knock on theirs.

You need to be saved, evil one. Big GrinThumbsup