why is it "wrong" to hit a woman?

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
05-01-2013, 07:37 PM
RE: why is it "wrong" to hit a woman?
(05-01-2013 07:31 PM)Aspchizo Wrote:  It is wrong to hit a woman (or another man) because hitting results in pain which is a negative experience for the conscious mind.

You could also ask, why is it wrong to go around cutting off peoples ears?
As if any of these questions don't have obvious answers, I often wonder why they are asked at all...

Edit: I don't agree with the posts that use the law as a reason. If the only reason we don't do something is the law, then that's not much better than a christian saying we would all kill eachother without god. This resembles psychopothy, and worries me greatly.

We have evolved with this understanding, it is beneficial to our species as a whole.

The OP is a troll. The answers are deflections.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
05-01-2013, 07:44 PM
On a side note, I used to teach Kenpo Karate. I weighed about 175 pounds. A dear friend of mine, Mindy, was into Shotokan Karate and, in fact, was one of the runner-ups for the US Olympic Karate Team in 1988 (yes, it's not an Olympic sport, but there's always pressure on the IOC to include Karate and always a US team in case they finally allow it). She was cute as hell and weighed about 100 pounds.

Mindy and I sparred a lot. She was, no doubt, technically better than me. Sure, I had a black belt, but she could "black belt" circles around me. Point sparring, where the idea is to make minimal contact without injuring each other, was fairly close buy my height and reach gave me the edge. Occasionally we'd put on the gloves and gear and just throw down, but those were short and extremely uneven matches that I always won. All this despite her having significantly superior technical skills.

I never hit her in the face, even though she insisted that faces were fair game and she was more than willing to land a glove on my face. I also didn't like to hit her in the chest or belly even though she wore body armor. Actually, it didn't leave many point-scoring targets that I was comfortable with. Probably that protector biology again. Even knowing that these sparring session were mostly her idea, she loved them and considered them training, and she looked forward to the challenge of sparring against bigger, stronger men as a challenge to make her a better fighter, I still had misgivings.

"Whores perform the same function as priests, but far more thoroughly." - Robert A. Heinlein
Find all posts by this user
05-01-2013, 08:09 PM
Id say physically men are more generally stronger than women so I can see why overtime it has been classed as unfair. I would say regardless of if it was a man or woman attacking me I would do what I needed, within "proportion" in each situation.

If a woman makes the conscious decision to inflict damage upon me then I hope she can take what she dishes out.

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
05-01-2013, 08:12 PM
(05-01-2013 07:02 PM)namiloveyou Wrote:  I live in 2013, not 1813. so why is it wrong for people like me (,i.e. men) to hit women?

some say it's unegalitarian. i say bullshit, as equality is not inherent in humans. others say women are special, but this is contrary to the PC movement saying gender roles (and even traits) don't exist.

I think morals are anything one makes them, so it doesn't bother me either way.
Why is it wrong to hit men?

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp
05-01-2013, 08:37 PM
[Image: Yall_niggas_postin_in_a_troll_thread.png]

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
[+] 5 users Like germanyt's post
05-01-2013, 10:24 PM
[Image: 32973002.jpg]

[Image: 4833fa13.jpg]
Poonjab
[+] 1 user Likes Logica Humano's post
06-01-2013, 10:19 AM
Best explanation I've heard is sexual dimorphism. Since women are often shorter/smaller on average, that could make it an unfair fight, just like the reasoning behind the phrase "pick on someone your own size."
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-01-2013, 10:33 AM
Because they'll kick you in the balls.

Drinking Beverage

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
06-01-2013, 10:37 AM
(06-01-2013 10:33 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  Because they'll kick you in the balls.

Drinking Beverage
Wow, for some reason I read this as "because they lick you in the balls."

Kinda changes the perspective, huh? Big Grin

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
06-01-2013, 10:45 AM
(06-01-2013 10:33 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  Because they'll kick you in the balls.

Drinking Beverage
When I split up with my first love she attacked me in the town center where we lived. I tried asking people for help as they went past but nobody would stop and intervene. She kept trying to knee me in the balls and I had to keep twisting my hips to avoid them. So in the end, to get her away I had to shove her hard and follow up with a punch to her knee so I could scarper.

If she was a bloke or if she had been doing me damage the punch would of been in her throat (not that I reccomend anybody punch anybody in the throat)

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.