why is male suicide going up?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-04-2016, 06:12 PM
RE: why is male suicide going up?
(23-04-2016 12:28 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  I have not now, nor ever stated all young white guys were anything.

ONE: I said, of these: suicides, mass murder/suicides and murder suicides many were guys with "young white male entitlement issues". If that is not you (a murder who has committed suicide, a mass murder who had committed suicide after you killed people or if you just killed yourself) then it doesn't apply to you and stop claiming victimhood for yourself.
Actually you used the word 'most.' Most, many, whatever: Just provide a citation for that claim.

Quote:TWO: Just so we're clear on my pov, like when I say suicides or mass murderers or murders who commit suicide, are mostly comprised of young men with "white male entitlement issues"... it does NOT mean all white males have entitlement issues, it meant what I said it meant, suicides, mass murders/suicides and murder/suicides have this issue. If you are not a mass murderer suicide, murder/suicide or someone who has commited suicide then it does NOT apply to you.
Yes. Again, citation needed.

Quote:Okay, I stated it two different ways to the best of my abilities, so the two people who, IMO, aren't even trying to understand my words as much as are trying to purposely misconstrue my meaning to suit their own personal bias of me and to troll me, will get a clue. If you two can't comprehend this, then please feel free to ignore my posts because we just cannot communicate.
Look, all I ever asked for was for a citation for a claim that you in fact did make.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-04-2016, 06:20 PM
(23-04-2016 06:12 PM)Gilgamesh Wrote:  
(23-04-2016 12:28 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  I have not now, nor ever stated all young white guys were anything.

ONE: I said, of these: suicides, mass murder/suicides and murder suicides many were guys with "young white male entitlement issues". If that is not you (a murder who has committed suicide, a mass murder who had committed suicide after you killed people or if you just killed yourself) then it doesn't apply to you and stop claiming victimhood for yourself.
Actually you used the word 'most.' Most, many, whatever: Just provide a citation for that claim.

Quote:TWO: Just so we're clear on my pov, like when I say suicides or mass murderers or murders who commit suicide, are mostly comprised of young men with "white male entitlement issues"... it does NOT mean all white males have entitlement issues, it meant what I said it meant, suicides, mass murders/suicides and murder/suicides have this issue. If you are not a mass murderer suicide, murder/suicide or someone who has commited suicide then it does NOT apply to you.

Quote:Okay, I stated it two different ways to the best of my abilities, so the two people who, IMO, aren't even trying to understand my words as much as are trying to purposely misconstrue my meaning to suit their own personal bias of me and to troll me, will get a clue. If you two can't comprehend this, then please feel free to ignore my posts because we just cannot communicate.
Look, all I ever asked for was for a citation for a claim that you in fact did make.

Don't be a dick. Like me, she likely gathered that info by following the news. I highly doubt anyone is providing a quotable summation.

Sometimes POV means just Point of View and doesn't claim to be a scientific study.

Just don't be such a dick. Facepalm

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
23-04-2016, 07:18 PM
(23-04-2016 06:20 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(23-04-2016 06:12 PM)Gilgamesh Wrote:  Actually you used the word 'most.' Most, many, whatever: Just provide a citation for that claim.

Don't be a dick. Like me, she likely gathered that info by following the news. I highly doubt anyone is providing a quotable summation.

Sometimes POV means just Point of View and doesn't claim to be a scientific study.

>Literally goes knto a thread about male suicide and claims that the demographic that commits the most suicides also commits the most murder-suicides and most mass shooting-suicides.

And I'm a dick for daring to ask for proof.

ok jeffry

Also,
Quote:Like me, she likely gathered that info by following the news. I highly doubt anyone is providing a quotable summation.

Is part of the point. Every news outlet is pushing an agenda. MAYBE you're swallowing their brand of koolaid. So fucking fact-check before you regurgitate it.
23-04-2016, 07:55 PM
(23-04-2016 06:20 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(23-04-2016 06:12 PM)Gilgamesh Wrote:  Actually you used the word 'most.' Most, many, whatever: Just provide a citation for that claim.

From what I have observed... Not possible.

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
23-04-2016, 08:03 PM
(23-04-2016 07:18 PM)Gilgamesh Wrote:  
(23-04-2016 06:20 PM)Dom Wrote:  Don't be a dick. Like me, she likely gathered that info by following the news. I highly doubt anyone is providing a quotable summation.

>Literally goes knto a thread about male suicide and claims that the demographic that commits the most suicides also commits the most murder-suicides and most mass shooting-suicides.

ok jeffry

Also,
Quote:Like me, she likely gathered that info by following the news. I highly doubt anyone is providing a quotable summation.

Is part of the point. Every news outlet is pushing an agenda. MAYBE you're swallowing their brand of koolaid. So fucking fact-check before you regurgitate it.

Well, if I see a pic of a 20something old white male and they say it's a 20something year old white male, I do tend to believe it. Of course it could be a female in disguise, so I suppose I am a fool for believing it's a male. Or maybe it's an 80 year old female who shot up the school, and they are just showing us a young male to confuse us. Tongue

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
23-04-2016, 08:13 PM
(23-04-2016 08:03 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(23-04-2016 07:18 PM)Gilgamesh Wrote:  >Literally goes knto a thread about male suicide and claims that the demographic that commits the most suicides also commits the most murder-suicides and most mass shooting-suicides.

ok jeffry

Also,

Well, if I see a pic of a 20something old white male and they say it's a 20something year old white male, I do tend to believe it. Of course it could be a female in disguise, so I suppose I am a fool for believing it's a male. Or maybe it's an 80 year old female who shot up the school, and they are just showing us a young male to confuse us. Tongue

You know what I meant: It does not follow that a demographic does the majority of x thing on the basis that the news you choose to expose yourself to only reports on those instances.

(23-04-2016 07:55 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  
(23-04-2016 06:20 PM)Dom Wrote:  Don't be a dick. Like me, she likely gathered that info by following the news. I highly doubt anyone is providing a quotable summation.

From what I have observed... Not possible.

Day 37.. Still no citations in site.. Getting weary..
23-04-2016, 08:16 PM
(23-04-2016 08:13 PM)Gilgamesh Wrote:  
(23-04-2016 08:03 PM)Dom Wrote:  Well, if I see a pic of a 20something old white male and they say it's a 20something year old white male, I do tend to believe it. Of course it could be a female in disguise, so I suppose I am a fool for believing it's a male. Or maybe it's an 80 year old female who shot up the school, and they are just showing us a young male to confuse us. Tongue

You know what I meant: It does not follow that a demographic does the majority of x thing on the basis that the news you choose to expose yourself to only reports on those instances.

(23-04-2016 07:55 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  From what I have observed... Not possible.

This is me ignoring you. Drinking Beverage

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
[+] 1 user Likes Heatheness's post
23-04-2016, 08:18 PM
(23-04-2016 08:13 PM)Gilgamesh Wrote:  
(23-04-2016 08:03 PM)Dom Wrote:  Well, if I see a pic of a 20something old white male and they say it's a 20something year old white male, I do tend to believe it. Of course it could be a female in disguise, so I suppose I am a fool for believing it's a male. Or maybe it's an 80 year old female who shot up the school, and they are just showing us a young male to confuse us. Tongue

(23-04-2016 07:55 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  From what I have observed... Not possible.

Do you have the demographics of people who shoot up schools and theaters and whatever, and what percentage of them kills themselves afterward?

Show me and I'll believe it's old women who do this and not young men.

[+] 2 users Like Dom's post
23-04-2016, 08:24 PM
(23-04-2016 08:16 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  
(23-04-2016 08:13 PM)Gilgamesh Wrote:  You know what I meant: It does not follow that a demographic does the majority of x thing on the basis that the news you choose to expose yourself to only reports on those instances.

This is me ignoring you. Drinking Beverage

And personal accountability. Even if you ever did end up providing supporting evidence for your claims, there's still the question (and I already brought this forth way earlier) of why you posted your utterly irrelevant opinion about white male murders and mass shootings, in a thread about male suicide.

(23-04-2016 08:18 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(23-04-2016 08:13 PM)Gilgamesh Wrote:  You know what I meant: It does not follow that a demographic does the majority of x thing on the basis that the news you choose to expose yourself to only reports on those instances.

Do you have the demographics of people who shoot up schools and theaters and whatever, and what percentage of them kills themselves afterward?

Umm, I'm not asking you to believe that it's old women..
23-04-2016, 08:32 PM
(23-04-2016 08:24 PM)Gilgamesh Wrote:  
(23-04-2016 08:16 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  This is me ignoring you. Drinking Beverage

And personal accountability. Even if you ever did end up providing supporting evidence for your claims, there's still the question (and I already brought this forth way earlier) of why you posted your utterly irrelevant opinion about white male murders and mass shootings, in a thread about male suicide.

(23-04-2016 08:18 PM)Dom Wrote:  Do you have the demographics of people who shoot up schools and theaters and whatever, and what percentage of them kills themselves afterward?

Umm, I'm not asking you to believe that it's old women..

Ok, so if it's not young men, who is it then?