why is one culturally insensitive and the other not{ black face v.s. yamanba style}

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-04-2013, 02:27 PM
why is one culturally insensitive and the other not{ black face v.s. yamanba style}
Just don't sing, "Mammy" and I think you'll do fine.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-04-2013, 02:51 PM
{black face v.s. yamanba style}
actually if I can pull it of this year I am going to be a drow space marine... female of course.

1. Striding and swaggering rootlessness without end. The precious flow of life.
2. one should fear sweet a blood stained flower.
15-04-2013, 02:54 PM
Of course. Drinking Beverage

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
15-04-2013, 02:58 PM
RE: {black face v.s. yamanba style}
(15-04-2013 02:21 PM)kunoxian drive Wrote:  actually both are raced based one against a culture and one for a culture. just watch this video.

http://youtu.be/_Qe4AZRkFYE

"The word ganguro translates to "blackface" and means heavily-sunburned face, it is derived from the slang term gangankuroi (ガンガン黒い) meaning extremely dark. The translation as blackface should not be confused with blackface makeup from the United States. Ganguro has a connection to Japanese folklore of ghosts and demons who are depicted with a similar appearance such as those in kabuki and noh costumes. This connection is further noted in the offshoot style called yamanba which is named after a mountain witch in Japanese folklore"

You are conflating two very different things.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
15-04-2013, 03:14 PM
owhy is one culturally insensitive and the other not{ black face v.s. yamanba style}
[Image: ganguro_ganguro_why_demotivational_poste..._85476.jpg]

[Image: jolsonbiomarquee.jpg]

Kunoxy, are you a dude or a chick? Inquiring minds want to know.

~Izel
15-04-2013, 03:15 PM
{ black face v.s. yamanba style}
first of all I know one hahs nothing to do with the other. it would be a great error on my part to associate the two further but I will say this. they are the same activity at one core level. thus they are relatible. the people are going for diffident effect.{heck the style is slightly different but they still come form the fact they are imatating black people and yes your right when you say The traditional use should not be confused but that still doesn't circumvent a large number of Japanese are still using it to mimic blacks in america thus the comparison. i don't find ether offensive but some people find that black fsace is offensive thus if one is then the other because it's the same look ones just a more modern version. I personally don't care but some people that watch Pokemon do.{yes i am bringing up the cultural fuse over the Pokemon jinx. but I was just curious so I digress.

15-04-2013, 03:19 PM
(15-04-2013 03:14 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  [Image: ganguro_ganguro_why_demotivational_poste..._85476.jpg]

i am a dude but I wish I where a chic. no kidding. for one I could be a femionen badass.[like oni from the game oni or lightning and tifa lock heart form final fantasy.} they are so awesome btw. but alas I look like Shrek and I have a hunch. I am the male oger.

[+] 1 user Likes kunoxian drive's post
15-04-2013, 04:00 PM
RE: { black face v.s. yamanba style}
(15-04-2013 03:19 PM)kunoxian drive Wrote:  
(15-04-2013 03:14 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  [Image: ganguro_ganguro_why_demotivational_poste..._85476.jpg]

i am a dude but I wish I where a chic. no kidding. for one I could be a femionen badass.[like oni from the game oni or lightning and tifa lock heart form final fantasy.} they are so awesome btw. but alas I look like Shrek and I have a hunch. I am the male oger.

Well then go make yourself pretty, dude!

~Izel
15-04-2013, 04:03 PM
lol like I said my dad wil kil me even at age 29...{yes I still live with my parents/yes they live by christian values}

15-04-2013, 04:17 PM
RE: { black face v.s. yamanba style}
(15-04-2013 03:15 PM)kunoxian drive Wrote:  first of all I know one hahs nothing to do with the other. it would be a great error on my part to associate the two further but I will say this. they are the same activity at one core level. thus they are relatible. the people are going for diffident effect.{heck the style is slightly different but they still come form the fact they are imatating black people and yes your right when you say The traditional use should not be confused but that still doesn't circumvent a large number of Japanese are still using it to mimic blacks in america thus the comparison. i don't find ether offensive but some people find that black fsace is offensive thus if one is then the other because it's the same look ones just a more modern version. I personally don't care but some people that watch Pokemon do.{yes i am bringing up the cultural fuse over the Pokemon jinx. but I was just curious so I digress.

No, they are not imitating black people. You have it wrong.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user