why is one culturally insensitive and the other not{ black face v.s. yamanba style}

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-04-2013, 04:28 PM
{black face v.s. yamanba style}
did you watch the video i posted earlier. they are Imitating two different things but there are enough Japanese imitating black people to say hsay these activities are similar. now i am not calling them racist. it another culture. inf act i wouldn't call any costume insensitive.

I am also admitting that I might be wring in this one but the comparison doesn't stem for the who they are imitating. it's from the fact that it's about 100% the same activity with different intent. the fact of the matter that there I can do this and be called racist but they can't is whats at question originally. now i am even questioning that premise. but the ganguro stye looks exactly like the black face style but a more modern version. soooo... why can't I do it. think of me wearing a Hitler costume and you'd be saying that was insensitive. same with this look. I t would go as far as I would get fired from my job. which would be bad. btw I''m unemployed.

1. Striding and swaggering rootlessness without end. The precious flow of life.
2. one should fear sweet a blood stained flower.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-04-2013, 04:51 PM
http://youtu.be/_Qe4AZRkFYE

just went back over my source video and I realize now that the "black lifestyle is different'{a the Japanese call it is diffident from ganuro style but My question still stands. though it has probably been answered but not to satisfactions.

let me refrase. why can I go out in ganguro style but not in black face????

16-04-2013, 02:05 PM
Re:TLDR
Seriously, you watched a you-tube video, and now you think you know stuff?

Ganguro doesn't have anything to do with race or racism. It's an anti fashion statement, like the punk fashion used to be.
"the black face" is a crude parody, meant to make fun of and stereotype an entire race.

But hey, considering you actually believe the shit you find on the internet, why not just go ask you-tube why it's not okay?
[+] 1 user Likes MuffinPuffin's post
16-04-2013, 04:06 PM
RE: TLDR
(16-04-2013 02:05 PM)MuffinPuffin Wrote:  Seriously, you watched a you-tube video, and now you think you know stuff?

Ganguro doesn't have anything to do with race or racism. It's an anti fashion statement, like the punk fashion used to be.
"the black face" is a crude parody, meant to make fun of and stereotype an entire race.

But hey, considering you actually believe the shit you find on the internet, why not just go ask you-tube why it's not okay?

actually no but i did come to the realization through this video. btw now your being an but. no I didn't just believe any random you tube video. {i used my memory on the subject}so you can just go cover yourself in kittens for trying to figure out my life through the very few words i put on a screen... lol. btw I follow the facts that are represented then check them. ask a few people and then draw a conclussion. gue which step this is. so no I hadn't drawn a conclusion. sometimes I am wrong so{sticks tongue out and says nany nany boo boo}. it's human nature and even my sources are wrong once in a while{like I said it's human nature.]

Also as I remember saying fifty times my comparison wasn't here but in the result of the two looks. also before someone misrepresents what I said. I am fine with both activities. for one one looks awesome for two it's not the ninety fifties any more. I was just asking a general question for intellectual ends.

p.s. if I sounded angry through this.... I wasn't.. It was very hard to keep it happy toned so please just take what I said with a grain of salt.

16-04-2013, 06:59 PM
why is one culturally insensitive and the other not{ black face v.s. yamanba style}
[Image: nicki-minaj-sword-517.jpg]
16-04-2013, 07:02 PM
now that's freaking awesome.