why jesus didn't exist for... call of the wild
Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-02-2015, 10:08 PM
RE: why jesus didn't exist for... call of the wild
(15-02-2015 12:29 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  I was having so much fun reading your.....assertions that I couldn't wait to reply as I was reading them. Although if you bother, and you probably won't, read them, as well as the lengthy posits I wrote, you just may learn a few things, knowledge is power afterall. These aren't my opinions, these are historically, substantiated facts.

Whoaaa whoaaa wait a minute...first off, the majority of my post was based on my own common sense reasoning...you made objections, and I made arguments against those objections by giving my opinion on the matter...second, I find it amazing that you are telling me what you think are "historically substantiated" facts, when the only way you will draw such a conclusion is if you are basing things off of what historians say...but when I gave you a link (the only link I gave) that showed that the vast majority of historians agree that Jesus of Nazareth existed, you wanted to call me out on appealing to authority, when you cited a whole list of authorities, that YOU appealed to.

Dude, that is crazy.

(15-02-2015 12:29 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  The learning of these facts is what dragged me off the road of delusion as a christian, and into reason and logic as the preferred method of epistemology. I hope someday that clarity comes to you as well.

I may not have as much academic knowledge you have on this subject, but I am far from a novice, and you can find out how far I am from a novice if you accept my challenge to a debate in real time, chicken Laughat
Find all posts by this user
16-02-2015, 09:25 AM (This post was last modified: 16-02-2015 10:09 AM by goodwithoutgod.)
(15-02-2015 10:08 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  
(15-02-2015 12:29 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  I was having so much fun reading your.....assertions that I couldn't wait to reply as I was reading them. Although if you bother, and you probably won't, read them, as well as the lengthy posits I wrote, you just may learn a few things, knowledge is power afterall. These aren't my opinions, these are historically, substantiated facts.

Whoaaa whoaaa wait a minute...first off, the majority of my post was based on my own common sense reasoning...you made objections, and I made arguments against those objections by giving my opinion on the matter...second, I find it amazing that you are telling me what you think are "historically substantiated" facts, when the only way you will draw such a conclusion is if you are basing things off of what historians say...but when I gave you a link (the only link I gave) that showed that the vast majority of historians agree that Jesus of Nazareth existed, you wanted to call me out on appealing to authority, when you cited a whole list of authorities, that YOU appealed to.

Dude, that is crazy.

(15-02-2015 12:29 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  The learning of these facts is what dragged me off the road of delusion as a christian, and into reason and logic as the preferred method of epistemology. I hope someday that clarity comes to you as well.

I may not have as much academic knowledge you have on this subject, but I am far from a novice, and you can find out how far I am from a novice if you accept my challenge to a debate in real time, chicken Laughat

Once again, upon being presented substantiated facts with references, and christian ones at that, you wave it aside and talk about how you posited your "own common sense reasoning" which may sound awesome to you, but it is baseless and uninformed. If we wanted to exchange unsubstantiated opinions it would not be a debate, it would be two guys smacking their lips together as an expression of neurological farting. You could start with jesus existed, and I would counter no he didn't then what? I really don't have the time to educate you each step of the way, it is becoming tedious.

It isn't "what I think is historically substantiated"..it IS what is historically substantiated. I have said before and I will say it again, my "personal opinion" is that a man named jesus may have existed, in fact, many men named jesus have existed. But a miracle performing messiah jesus the christ never existed...get the distinction? You are right, the vast majority of academia believes a man named jesus existed, but that doesn't prove much. Beliefs get built over time by popularity, and by direct influence of people like Emperor Constantine. I would spend hours educating you about his and Bishop Augustine's willful and disengenous impact on what is known as christianty today, but I don't have the time or desire and you are not worthy to be honest. You don't want to learn anything, you want to share your "own common sense reasoning" as if that had anything to do with reality.

I agree, you most likely do not have my level of education and experience in this field. Both of my parents are ministers, I was a youth leader in the church, I grew up drinking the kool aid, I was an ordained youth minister, I have a degree in religious studies with specialization in christianity, the more I learned, the less I believed. I have now spent many years debunking, and deconverting those willing to open their eyes. One can not hold onto faith when one realizes it is all madeup...not if one is intelligent anyway.

No I have no desire to change the medium, I don't have the time or desire to set aside a block of time for someone who can't understand basic established facts recognized by even christian scholars like...when the gospels were written and by whom...that is christianity 101 basics brother, I can get real deep on this subject, get into the papyrus by number, and take this shit back to square one with you. The only smart thing you have done so far was fail to take my bait on the global flood, that was my pet for a long time, and I have lectured on that many times. Dismantling it is child's play and only the YEC (young earth creationists) still think that happened, they, like the flat earth society, are a quaint group of close minded delusional folk who fail at reading their bible or understanding its formation. Any serious christian debater of some education knows to wave aside the OT as a parable, and the majority of the NT as allegorical writings written to inspire the faithful, and they focus on trying to prove god's existence through philosophical means. Alas, you are not in that group. How many posts have you made? I don't think you have made one serious posit due consideration yet. That is fine, we like entertainment...a new chew toy. Sadly you don't even understand how pathetic it appears...or how un-christ-like your baseless assertions are.

Maybe if you can try to counter one of my many referenced, substantiated and validated posits I may take you serious.

So what exactly was your counter to my assertion in the above post? Or are you wisely backpedaling as usual and wish to throw in the towel? it is ok to admit defeat, sometimes you get into a ring you aren't ready for yet. Perhaps you need to go back and "train" some more before you climb into the ring with the Pros, this is afterall "what I do" and perhaps you "Ain't in the life" to coin your phrase.

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
[+] 4 users Like goodwithoutgod's post
17-02-2015, 01:16 PM
Drinking Beverage

Girl_nails

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
[+] 2 users Like goodwithoutgod's post
17-02-2015, 01:35 PM
(17-02-2015 01:16 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  Drinking Beverage

Girl_nails

Hath patience sayeth the Lord thy Mod.

As referee, I'll give it another day or so and if there is no reply, I'll declare it as a win for GWoG and update the table accordingly.

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
19-02-2015, 02:42 PM
In this corner...... weighing in at 212lbs....the undeniable, the bulldozer, the chainsaw, the eviscerator of stupidity, the undisputed, heavyweight champion of the wooooooorrrrrrrld, Goodwithoutgod!!!!!!Laughat

Ding ding ding

What do you say champ, what are you going to do now?

Weeping

I...um...I am going to go to Disney world!

Flex

Unsure

Blink

Dodgy

Bowing

Evil_monster

[+] 2 users Like goodwithoutgod's post
22-02-2015, 12:05 AM
Okey dokey.

I'm going to declare this a victory to GWoG.

@Call_of_Nature,
PM me if you want it re-opened.

Thread Closed