why should we be expected to be "nice" to the children of others?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-01-2013, 01:15 AM
RE: why should we be expected to be "nice" to the children of others?
(08-01-2013 06:24 PM)Percepticon Wrote:  Omigosh, I just utilized the "ignore user" feature for the first time ever & love it!!!!!!

Big Grin

There is such a thing on this forum? I have to try it.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-01-2013, 01:20 AM
As far as other peoples kids go. I am nice to them if they are nice to me. I am nice to them if they are not being annoying little shits that run around when I am dining out. If they are being loud just to be annoying, or as I said running around and bothering me I will say to them what their parents won't. I have even tripped kids in the past. If they are being calm and well behaved (not being annoying), I have also gone out of my way to compliment the parents. I also tend to call bad parents on their bullshit as well. Just as with anyone else, it is about mutual respect. You don't need to give any where you don't get any.
10-01-2013, 03:28 AM
Yeah, just go to someone's profile & click the magic button Big Grin

Drinking Beverage Grab a cuppa' joe; sit-n-read my blog for a spell: www.vaweber.wordpress.com
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-01-2013, 11:29 AM
(08-01-2013 01:22 PM)namiloveyou Wrote:  who says we need to be "nice" to others' children?
Self-interest says. "Others" have the exact same rights that you have, and you are somebody's child.

It's not the mean god I have trouble with - it's the people who worship a mean god.
[+] 1 user Likes Peterkin's post
10-01-2013, 11:32 AM
(10-01-2013 11:29 AM)Peterkin Wrote:  you are somebody's child.
I wouldn't be too sure. I think it may have hatched or something. Drinking Beverage

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
[+] 1 user Likes Vera's post
11-01-2013, 03:23 PM
(10-01-2013 11:29 AM)Peterkin Wrote:  
(08-01-2013 01:22 PM)namiloveyou Wrote:  who says we need to be "nice" to others' children?
Self-interest says. "Others" have the exact same rights that you have, and you are somebody's child.
What is the source of this self-interest?

I see no reason to respect persons I don't know nor hold any tie to.
11-01-2013, 03:37 PM
(11-01-2013 03:23 PM)namiloveyou Wrote:  
(10-01-2013 11:29 AM)Peterkin Wrote:  Self-interest says. "Others" have the exact same rights that you have, and you are somebody's child.

Then you are not fit for society. Respect for others' rights is the foundation of a civilized society.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
11-01-2013, 05:49 PM (This post was last modified: 11-01-2013 05:53 PM by Peterkin.)
(11-01-2013 03:23 PM)namiloveyou Wrote:  
(10-01-2013 11:29 AM)Peterkin Wrote:  Self-interest says. "Others" have the exact same rights that you have, and you are somebody's child.

Just the the parents of the kids you haven't been nice to and who have no reason to be nice to you and are maybe.... bigger? meaner? better-armed? Never mind - as you were.

(PS TTA - I go away for a couple of months, and this is the quality of member you recruit? Where is the disappointed smilie?)

It's not the mean god I have trouble with - it's the people who worship a mean god.
11-01-2013, 06:07 PM
(10-01-2013 01:20 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  As far as other peoples kids go. I am nice to them if they are nice to me. I am nice to them if they are not being annoying little shits that run around when I am dining out. If they are being loud just to be annoying, or as I said running around and bothering me I will say to them what their parents won't. I have even tripped kids in the past. If they are being calm and well behaved (not being annoying), I have also gone out of my way to compliment the parents. I also tend to call bad parents on their bullshit as well. Just as with anyone else, it is about mutual respect. You don't need to give any where you don't get any.
You trip little kids..that is awful mean. I would probably kicked the shit out of you if you tripped me as a kid.
12-01-2013, 10:02 AM
(11-01-2013 03:37 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(11-01-2013 03:23 PM)namiloveyou Wrote:  What is the source of this self-interest?

Then you are not fit for society. Respect for others' rights is the foundation of a civilized society.

Rights don't really exist.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Are Children Slaves? Starcrash 52 3,770 15-01-2012 07:45 PM
Last Post: Phenakist
  Adults to Children A-THEIST 7 575 30-04-2011 08:52 AM
Last Post: Peterkin