why was Brigadier General Tolley fired?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-04-2013, 03:04 PM
why was Brigadier General Tolley fired?
When does an actual war began in the media? when the nation we attack strikes back?

Brigadier general tolley admitted in 2012 that special south korean and U.S. forces were operating in North Korea. Special forces are usually the first sent in before an actual conventional invasion begins.

How were the North Koreans supposed to take this?:

A. Cream their panties

B. Get a boner

C. get pissed that another nation has began military operations inside their country known in some circles as an invasion.

Anywho, after this guy admitted to having foreign forces in North Korea, he is then "asked to leave/fired/stepped down" Rolleyes

Here is the admission of these special forces in North Korea in 2012
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnew...Korea.html

And here is the news of his "stepping down"
http://www.warisboring.com/2012/06/01/it...pped-down/
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-04-2013, 03:28 PM
RE: why was Brigadier General Tolley fired?
(11-04-2013 03:04 PM)I and I Wrote:  When does an actual war began in the media? when the nation we attack strikes back?

Brigadier general tolley admitted in 2012 that special south korean and U.S. forces were operating in North Korea. Special forces are usually the first sent in before an actual conventional invasion begins.

A. Cream their panties

B. Get a boner

C. get pissed that another nation has began military operations inside their country known in some circles as an invasion.

Anywho, after this guy admitted to having foreign forces in North Korea, he is then "asked to leave/fired/stepped down" Rolleyes

Neither article is very convincing and the second one is an opinion piece so holding you to your standard please bring me 20 more news stories properly sourced and of high quality.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
11-04-2013, 03:31 PM
(11-04-2013 03:28 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(11-04-2013 03:04 PM)I and I Wrote:  When does an actual war began in the media? when the nation we attack strikes back?

A. Cream their panties

B. Get a boner

Neither article is very convincing and the second one is an opinion piece so holding you to your standard please bring me 20 more news stories properly sourced and of high quality.

And why is it not convincing?

What sources would convince you oh dear freethinker. Drinking Beverage
11-04-2013, 03:37 PM
(11-04-2013 03:31 PM)I and I Wrote:  
(11-04-2013 03:28 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Neither article is very convincing and the second one is an opinion piece so holding you to your standard please bring me 20 more news stories properly sourced and of high quality.

And why is it not convincing?

Quote:A spokesman for US forces in South Korea subsequently dismissed the media report.
"Some reporting has taken great liberal licence with his comments and taken him completely out of context," Colonel Jonathan Withington, of the public affairs office of US Forces Korea, said in a statement.
"No US or ROK (Republic of Korea) forces have parachuted into North Korea," he said. "Though special reconnaissance is a core special operations force mission, at no time have SOF forces been sent to the north to conduct special reconnaissance.
"The use of tunnels in North Korea is well documented," he added. "Several of the known tunnels along the DMZ are visited by tourists every day."

Thats why it's not very convincing, your basing your entire argument over (from what I can tell) is the misquoting and opinion of 1 person who you then linked to.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
11-04-2013, 03:47 PM
(11-04-2013 03:37 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(11-04-2013 03:31 PM)I and I Wrote:  And why is it not convincing?

Quote:A spokesman for US forces in South Korea subsequently dismissed the media report.
"Some reporting has taken great liberal licence with his comments and taken him completely out of context," Colonel Jonathan Withington, of the public affairs office of US Forces Korea, said in a statement.
"No US or ROK (Republic of Korea) forces have parachuted into North Korea," he said. "Though special reconnaissance is a core special operations force mission, at no time have SOF forces been sent to the north to conduct special reconnaissance.
"The use of tunnels in North Korea is well documented," he added. "Several of the known tunnels along the DMZ are visited by tourists every day."

Thats why it's not very convincing, your basing your entire argument over (from what I can tell) is the misquoting and opinion of 1 person who you then linked to.

I posted 2 links, one of them was the telegraph, an article about the general admitting to landing south korean and american special forces inside North Korea.

Did you check out that link?
11-04-2013, 03:49 PM
(11-04-2013 03:47 PM)I and I Wrote:  
(11-04-2013 03:37 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Thats why it's not very convincing, your basing your entire argument over (from what I can tell) is the misquoting and opinion of 1 person who you then linked to.

I posted 2 links, one of them was the telegraph, an article about the general admitting to landing south korean and american special forces inside North Korea.

The first story has a misleading headline about parachuting forces in. The general is not quoted as saying that.

The opinion piece is, well, opinion.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-04-2013, 04:03 PM
(11-04-2013 03:47 PM)I and I Wrote:  
(11-04-2013 03:37 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Thats why it's not very convincing, your basing your entire argument over (from what I can tell) is the misquoting and opinion of 1 person who you then linked to.

I read both links, did you? You seem to think there is more substance than what is actually there. I'm not even debating wether your right or wrong I'm pointing out that you haven't even made a case yet. You're making an assertion and then not providing anything to back it up other than 1 article that uses a bad headline and then refutes the headline halfway through and an opinion piece where a guy claims credit (maybe) for the possible stepping down or firing or reassigning of said General and at the end even says he can't prove what he is saying so no you haven't met minimum standards of proof.

[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
11-04-2013, 04:43 PM
I would suggest from the start that parachuting into north Korea would be a bad way of investigating anything about their activities. It is not clear if that is the case rereading the links.

I and I you are quite correct that north Korea has some reasons to be as bellicose as they are on occasion. To find weird stuff that may or not be correct to further that idea does no good.
11-04-2013, 04:50 PM
Do you know how many people who dont exist who arnt in countries we dont have interest all the time?
11-04-2013, 04:55 PM
(11-04-2013 04:50 PM)TheBlackKnight Wrote:  Do you know how many people who dont exist who arnt in countries we dont have interest all the time?

I wouldn't be surprised if there were agents in North Korea, in fact I would be more surprised if there were not. However in the case I&I brought up he has yet to prove his positive assertions. Speculation is one thing but making a qualified statement is another.