why would a deity need to take attendance ?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-04-2016, 07:25 AM
why would a deity need to take attendance ?
I know the incentive the church has to make sure followers coming once a week......... to collect the 10% income tax

but why would a deity even care if we go to church, what does it gain him/her/them/it/that ?

and what could theists say to justify gods desire for people to go there on a weekly basis?

what got me this curios was The Big Bang Theory, season 3 Episode 23
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-04-2016, 07:26 AM
RE: why would a deity need to take attendance ?
Funny how Amy's changed over the last few years, eh??

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
08-04-2016, 07:28 AM
Deity likes to hear how wonderful it is.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 1 user Likes Szuchow's post
08-04-2016, 07:32 AM
I thought this would be why god needs a book of life to write names in. Laugh out loadLaugh out load

To answer the other question- they need your money and your time as volunteer work.

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
[+] 1 user Likes TheInquisition's post
08-04-2016, 07:45 AM
God needs your praise and a few burnt offerings too. He has been missing out on that for the last few centuries and is getting pissed. Come on folks you want another flood or what? This just singing and dancing isn't enuff. God has said how it is that He needs a dead bullock every once in a while.
[+] 3 users Like DerFish's post
08-04-2016, 11:11 AM
(08-04-2016 07:26 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Funny how Amy's changed over the last few years, eh??

my surprise was that there is a female version of Sheldon

too bad we can't get a girl for Raj that easily
08-04-2016, 11:17 AM
(08-04-2016 07:45 AM)DerFish Wrote:  God needs your praise and a few burnt offerings too. He has been missing out on that for the last few centuries and is getting pissed. Come on folks you want another flood or what? This just singing and dancing isn't enuff. God has said how it is that He needs a dead bullock every once in a while.

so god didn't get enough blood from the millions he's already killed, the fish must've taken a lot of his blood during the flood
08-04-2016, 11:50 AM
Christees will explain that Church is not for God, it is for you, to make sure you are not sinning, or at least to make sure that you are feeling properly guilty about whatever innocent thing you did this week (taking too much pleasure out of life while forgetting that your Lord and Saviour died for you and you should be out doing God's work. What is God's work? *Not* being useful! Totally wrong. No. It's telling other people what nasty sinners they are.)

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
08-04-2016, 12:43 PM
Same reason it needs you to believe in it.. it's a spiritual vampire that thrives off these elements to keep it sustained.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 1 user Likes ClydeLee's post
08-04-2016, 12:50 PM
I've never understood the need to to go church either and I feel the only good reason is for the social aspect and to learn about the Bible but of course it's all interpreted for you, no need to use your brain when this flawed human can try to make sense of it and relate it to modern day problems.

Should this God care? Of course not, the Bible is clear that all you have to do is accept Jesus in your heart and you will be saved, there is no need to gather with a bunch of other people to talk about it. I can see if it makes them feel like they are doing something extra, that little bonus step of worshiping God with others and singing, praying and playing with rattlesnakes or whatever the hell people do at church so God will love them even more. I doubt an all knowing being would care if he can already tell which humans love him but it's not like theists care to think about how paradoxical their God is.

[Image: sagansig_zps6vhbql6m.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes SitaSky's post