why would a deity need to take attendance ?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-04-2016, 06:43 PM
RE: why would a deity need to take attendance ?
(22-04-2016 03:58 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(21-04-2016 01:22 PM)Stevil Wrote:  This is pure fantasy. No-one has ever lived to 200 years let alone been immortal.
You don't know this but I respect your belief.
To be clear, there is no reliable record of a person having lived past 200.

The bible had people living upto 800 or 900+ years. But the bible isn't reliable.

(22-04-2016 03:58 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(21-04-2016 01:22 PM)Stevil Wrote:  Oh, it's true because you choose to believe it. That's the definition of Truth right?
No, it is NOT the definition of the truth.
"What is the truth?" - Pilate asked Jesus Christ this question.
The answer: facts are the truth.
I CHOOSE to BELIEVE that RESTORED Gospel of Christ is the truth.
Well, no.
Facts are facts. Fact don't require belief.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-04-2016, 09:03 PM
(22-04-2016 05:17 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(22-04-2016 05:08 PM)Chas Wrote:  Last days? Consider
Smile yes.

Yes, what?

What do you mean by 'last days'?

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
22-04-2016, 11:11 PM
(22-04-2016 09:03 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(22-04-2016 05:17 PM)Alla Wrote:  Smile yes.

Yes, what?

She's a fucking idiot, do you really think any attempt by her to 'clarify' anything will actually help?

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
23-04-2016, 06:56 AM
(22-04-2016 11:11 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(22-04-2016 09:03 PM)Chas Wrote:  Yes, what?

She's a fucking idiot, do you really think any attempt by her to 'clarify' anything will actually help?

Hey, don't go spoiling the fun. Angry

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
23-04-2016, 08:21 AM
(23-04-2016 06:56 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(22-04-2016 11:11 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  She's a fucking idiot, do you really think any attempt by her to 'clarify' anything will actually help?

This should help clarify:

[Image: goats_are_like_mushrooms.jpg]

And it makes more sense than anything she'll say.

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
[+] 4 users Like TheInquisition's post
23-04-2016, 08:43 AM
(22-04-2016 04:13 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(22-04-2016 12:12 AM)Skittles Wrote:  Would you be willing to look at your process more closely? You say that you believe there is no other way to figure this out. What if I could show you another way? A way where you could find out a little more. Are you willing to give it a try? Smile

Cheers
Of course.
Cheers

Thank you for being open enough to look at this from another angle.

You have said, "I believe in God, I believe that Joseph Smith is Prophet of this God."

This is a perfectly fine statement, but have you researched it? Isn't one of the qualifications of being a prophet being honest? Have you researched Joseph Smith's honesty? This is something that's readily available to you. Would you like to take a look at Joseph Smith's honesty?

We can go through the evidence together if you'd like. Maybe I'm seeing things incorrectly.

In order for you to have truth to your statements, you must first find truth in your prophet.

I look forward to us learning together about Joseph Smith. Maybe you'll be able to shed some light for me?

Cheers
23-04-2016, 08:49 AM
[Image: louiefinalepic.jpg]

Every time I think you've returned to Earth Alla, you float away again. You don't need to make 30 post when one will do. One word response doesn't work if a full explanation is required.

The important thing you need to remember is, no one. NO ONE! Thinks like you.

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
[+] 1 user Likes Commonsensei's post
23-04-2016, 09:29 AM
(23-04-2016 08:49 AM)Commonsensei Wrote:  [Image: louiefinalepic.jpg]

Every time I think you've returned to Earth Alla, you float away again. You don't need to make 30 post when one will do. One word response doesn't work if a full explanation is required.

The important thing you need to remember is, no one. NO ONE! Thinks like you.

I was a little confused when I got my first response from her, basically because I didn't know people saw the bible in the way she was describing. Huh

I was raised Catholic then Christian (is Christian and Catholic different?) though and I've mostly had "only" Christians to talk too, lol, so this whole "god's" thing is totally foreign to me. I've also never heard a Christian say the bible is so wrong as Alla has implied. I'm curious how she came to these conclusions.

I'm really enjoying learning this, I'm sorry it's at everyone else's expense because you all seem to be hearing this for the umpteenth time. Undecided

Cheers
23-04-2016, 10:17 AM
(23-04-2016 06:56 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(22-04-2016 11:11 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  She's a fucking idiot, do you really think any attempt by her to 'clarify' anything will actually help?

Don't play with your food gramps.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
23-04-2016, 12:52 PM
(23-04-2016 08:43 AM)Skittles Wrote:  Thank you for being open enough to look at this from another angle.
And I thank you for being tolerant. Not all people choose to be this way. If every person was tolerant to others this world would be so much better. So, I thank you again for making this world a better place.
(23-04-2016 08:43 AM)Skittles Wrote:  You have said, "I believe in God, I believe that Joseph Smith is Prophet of this God."
Correct.
(23-04-2016 08:43 AM)Skittles Wrote:  This is a perfectly fine statement, but have you researched it? Isn't one of the qualifications of being a prophet being honest? Have you researched Joseph Smith's honesty? This is something that's readily available to you. Would you like to take a look at Joseph Smith's honesty?
I didn't search Joseph Smith's honesty but I investigated what he was teaching. I figured for myself that His First Vision Testimony is true and LDS Doctrine is true.
(23-04-2016 08:43 AM)Skittles Wrote:  In order for you to have truth to your statements, you must first find truth in your prophet.
I look forward to us learning together about Joseph Smith. Maybe you'll be able to shed some light for me?
Cheers
I would love to. But before we start I want to ask you:
What does it mean "to be a prophet of God"?
Who is prophet of God? Do you have your own answers?

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED