why would a deity need to take attendance ?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-04-2016, 03:47 PM
RE: why would a deity need to take attendance ?
(23-04-2016 03:03 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(23-04-2016 03:02 PM)Commonsensei Wrote:  Girly is a heart breaker.
That's OK, I forgive him. Love is forgiving.

Poe you and your crocodile tears.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes julep's post
23-04-2016, 04:27 PM
(23-04-2016 03:23 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(23-04-2016 03:07 PM)Chas Wrote:  So, you agree it's all just made up. Good. Drinking Beverage
Yes, I agree that this all is made up. By Gods.

that explains what you mean by wanting to be like gods, at least now it seems sensible.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
23-04-2016, 07:25 PM
(23-04-2016 03:00 PM)Alla Wrote:  what difference does it make?
I'd expect that to be the position of anyone suckered into a cult started by a known conman. Drinking Beverage

It is held that valour is the chiefest virtue and most dignifies the haver.
[+] 1 user Likes WhiskeyDebates's post
23-04-2016, 08:06 PM
(23-04-2016 03:23 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(23-04-2016 03:07 PM)Chas Wrote:  So, you agree it's all just made up. Good. Drinking Beverage
Yes, I agree that this all is made up. By Gods.

What gods? Demonstrate the existence of any gods. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
24-04-2016, 10:48 AM
(23-04-2016 12:52 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(23-04-2016 08:43 AM)Skittles Wrote:  Thank you for being open enough to look at this from another angle.
And I thank you for being tolerant. Not all people choose to be this way. If every person was tolerant to others this world would be so much better. So, I thank you again for making this world a better place.
(23-04-2016 08:43 AM)Skittles Wrote:  You have said, "I believe in God, I believe that Joseph Smith is Prophet of this God."
Correct.
(23-04-2016 08:43 AM)Skittles Wrote:  This is a perfectly fine statement, but have you researched it? Isn't one of the qualifications of being a prophet being honest? Have you researched Joseph Smith's honesty? This is something that's readily available to you. Would you like to take a look at Joseph Smith's honesty?
I didn't search Joseph Smith's honesty but I investigated what he was teaching. I figured for myself that His First Vision Testimony is true and LDS Doctrine is true.
(23-04-2016 08:43 AM)Skittles Wrote:  In order for you to have truth to your statements, you must first find truth in your prophet.
I look forward to us learning together about Joseph Smith. Maybe you'll be able to shed some light for me?
Cheers
I would love to. But before we start I want to ask you:
What does it mean "to be a prophet of God"?
Who is prophet of God? Do you have your own answers?

I've given your questions some thought, and I'm glad I did because my knee jerk reaction to your questions are that I don't believe in a god (or gods) and by extension, I don't believe your prophets to be truthful people. However, that would be a conclusion to "what it means to me" without giving you a reason and I don't think that's fair to your questions.

That said, I feel it's better to bring you back to my Christian days and what it meant to be a prophet, in my own opinion, back then... Is that fair? I hope so.

A prophet needed to be completely in tune with the Jewish/Christian bible. The prophet couldn't change the meaning of the bible and certainly (most importantly) couldn't contradict the word of Jesus.

I personally thought it was clear that god was an only god. There were no others, Exodus 20:3 and Isaiah 43:10 say it very nicely. I'll search for more verses if needed but, if memory serves, the bible seems to be overflowing with verses that claim only one god.

When a prophet comes along and says there is more than one god, and that god was a human (once upon a time) then I have to say, "let the prophet PROVE his words." By their fruits we shall know them and I don't think Joseph Smith has very nice fruits. Again... this is a conclusion and I'd love to go over this with you.

The bible will give you signs of a true and false prophet, Joseph Smith falls in the category of false prophets. This is why I asked you about Joseph Smith's honesty. If memory serves, Saul was a bad person, but he didn't change the character or meaning of the Jewish god (any worse than any other Christian) when he was Paul.

It's very difficult for me to try to go back to what the bible says because I see all the flaws in the bible too. However, YOU do go by what the bible says so I know this is important and I'm trying to remember.

In order for you to be true to your beliefs, you must first listen to god. If you don't hear what your god says, then how do you know if Joseph Smith is telling the truth? Why would you listen to Joseph rather than god?

I hope this helped.

Cheers
24-04-2016, 01:28 PM
(23-04-2016 12:53 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(23-04-2016 09:29 AM)Skittles Wrote:  I'm really enjoying learning this, I'm sorry it's at everyone else's expense because you all seem to be hearing this for the umpteenth time. Undecided

Cheers
There is a solution to THEIR problem: they can stop reading my posts to you.
Do you think they can do it? I think they can. Yes

Of course they "can" do it, lol. Believe it or not though, I'm actually learning from both the "snarky" responses and the "nicer" ones. It pushes me to do an internet search and I find I'm learning a bit more, which in turn leads me to understand your responses, to them, better. Thumbsup

For me, personally, sometimes I need "snarky" to snap me back into reality. Smile

Cheers
[+] 1 user Likes Skittles's post
24-04-2016, 01:36 PM
(23-04-2016 01:07 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(22-04-2016 09:03 PM)Chas Wrote:  Yes, what?

What do you mean by 'last days'?
Because I like you and because I want you to have more fun on this forum I will answer this question with gladness:
"Last days" is the end of each dispensation of time. There are more than one dispensation of time and each dispensation has its last days.
We live in the dispensation that is called "the dispensation of the fullness of times. How many years or even centuries are "last days"? We don't know exact number but it can be a long time.

I don't want to stray away from our conversation but I'm curious...

What year did this last dispensation of time start?

Cheers
24-04-2016, 01:39 PM
(23-04-2016 08:06 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(23-04-2016 03:23 PM)Alla Wrote:  Yes, I agree that this all is made up. By Gods.

What gods? Demonstrate the existence of any gods. Drinking Beverage

God is just a metaphor for Bob, the creator of all things that ever were, are, or will be. SLACK! bitches.

#sigh
24-04-2016, 01:59 PM
(23-04-2016 02:11 PM)Commonsensei Wrote:  
(23-04-2016 09:29 AM)Skittles Wrote:  I was a little confused when I got my first response from her, basically because I didn't know people saw the bible in the way she was describing. Huh

She's been here 3 years. Their have been moments where she can be insightful. But then she get rialed up and starts to say that she talks to invisible beings, that words don't mean what they mean because she know what they mean, and that she's going to be a God.

Stick around the confusing doesn't end. Occasional theists will wonder in with their own tripy view. Then leave. Alla just loves us to much to go anywhere where her second "church".

(23-04-2016 09:29 AM)Skittles Wrote:  I was raised Catholic then Christian (is Christian and Catholic different?) though and I've mostly had "only" Christians to talk too, lol, so this whole "god's" thing is totally foreign to me. I've also never heard a Christian say the bible is so wrong as Alla has implied. I'm curious how she came to these conclusions.

I was Raised Catholic as well. There are diffrences, Catholic's are slightly more Pagan with the saints, religious practices, and the like. In fact ...http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/Thread-I-m-a-former?page=6
Banjo broke it down pretty well in this thread.

Alla is Mormon. Mormons count them self as being Christian's. Much like many of the other braches that have steamed off from Constantine's Church. Baptist, Lutheran, Methodist, Presbyterian, Protestant, Pentecostal, Episcopalian,Church of Christ, Congregational, Jehovah's Witness, Assemblies of God, Evangelical, Church of God, Seventh-day Adventist, Orthodox,Holiness, Church of Nazarene, Disciples of Christ, Church of Brethren, Mennonite, Apostolic, Reformed Dutch, Quaker,Full Gospel, Christian Reform, Independent Christian Church,Foursquare Gospel, Fundamentalist, and Born again.

Each that want to hold the mantel has having it figured out. Each as loopie as the last.

(23-04-2016 09:29 AM)Skittles Wrote:  I'm really enjoying learning this, I'm sorry it's at everyone else's expense because you all seem to be hearing this for the umpteenth time. Undecided

Please do. We all have to learn some way.

Alla's been talking with you all for 3 years... hmmmm. I can see this as good. If she's still here saying these same things, then she must have some pretty compelling evidence, right? Shocking

I think I'm more intrigued now then I was before.

I'm sorry I was so unclear on my christian/catholic "question." It was supposed to be rhetorical because I'm of the school that all Catholic's ARE christian so my wording was redundant at best, in my mind. You could not have possibly known that because of my ill-worded sentence. Sorry Sadcryface

Thank you for that awesome information though!

Cheers
24-04-2016, 02:08 PM
(23-04-2016 03:02 PM)Commonsensei Wrote:  Girly is a heart breaker.

I will kill you last. Angry

#sigh