why would a deity need to take attendance ?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-04-2016, 02:25 PM (This post was last modified: 24-04-2016 02:30 PM by GirlyMan.)
RE: why would a deity need to take attendance ?
(23-04-2016 02:35 PM)Alla Wrote:  Girly doesn't like me anymore. No

Girly likes you fine. I don't like your handlers and proxies. They ain't genuine. You are.

#sigh
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-04-2016, 04:06 PM
(24-04-2016 02:25 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  

Girly likes you fine. I don't like your handlers and proxies. They ain't genuine. You are.

She's an amalgamated simulacrum. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
24-04-2016, 05:43 PM
(24-04-2016 02:25 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  

OK, I 've got your message. May be instead of "adios, amigo!" I should tell Wisky this:
"thank you for teaching me a lesson how I shouldn't treat others"
I KNOW that I don't want to talk to anybody the way he talks(writes) to me.

thank you, brother, for your insight

Heart

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
24-04-2016, 06:09 PM
(24-04-2016 10:48 AM)Skittles Wrote:  I've given your questions some thought, and I'm glad I did because my knee jerk reaction to your questions are that I don't believe in a god (or gods) and by extension, I don't believe your prophets to be truthful people.
I understand you, I was an atheist since I was a child. I was born and raised in communist country the USSR.
(24-04-2016 10:48 AM)Skittles Wrote:  However, that would be a conclusion to "what it means to me" without giving you a reason and I don't think that's fair to your questions.
That said, I feel it's better to bring you back to my Christian days and what it meant to be a prophet, in my own opinion, back then... Is that fair? I hope so.
It is fair and I wouldn't expect from you anything less than this.
(24-04-2016 10:48 AM)Skittles Wrote:  A prophet needed to be completely in tune with the Jewish/Christian bible.
Who says this?
(24-04-2016 10:48 AM)Skittles Wrote:  The prophet couldn't change the meaning of the bible
Who says this?
(24-04-2016 10:48 AM)Skittles Wrote:  and certainly (most importantly) couldn't contradict the word of Jesus.
Very interesting statement. The bible has lots of contradiction. Does this Bible contradict the word of Jesus? If yes, how can I know that the prophet Joseph Smith contradicts the word of Jesus?
(24-04-2016 10:48 AM)Skittles Wrote:  I personally thought it was clear that god was an only god. There were no others, Exodus 20:3 and Isaiah 43:10 say it very nicely.
Not very clear. Not to me. First of all, what is "ONE god" according to the Bible?
Jesus is God according to the Bible. Father is God according to the Bible. Sounds like two Gods to me. Not one. Contradiction?
(24-04-2016 10:48 AM)Skittles Wrote:  I'll search for more verses if needed but, if memory serves, the bible seems to be overflowing with verses that claim only one god.
That is OK, you don't have to do this is. I agree with you. I am not one of those Christians who quotes the Bible every second and copy paste long verses. I like conversation.
(24-04-2016 10:48 AM)Skittles Wrote:  When a prophet comes along and says there is more than one god, and that god was a human (once upon a time) then I have to say, "let the prophet PROVE his words."
How?
The Bible says that that there is more the one God - at least there are God Father and God Son.
The Bible says that God Son was a human once upon a time, to be more specific 2016 years ago.
(24-04-2016 10:48 AM)Skittles Wrote:  By their fruits we shall know them and I don't think Joseph Smith has very nice fruits. Again... this is a conclusion and I'd love to go over this with you.
Please, go over this with me. Your conclusion definitely is not my conclusion. Which is OK with me. I respect your opinion about prophet of God Joseph Smith.
(24-04-2016 10:48 AM)Skittles Wrote:  The bible will give you signs of a true and false prophet,
Really? what are the signs?
(24-04-2016 10:48 AM)Skittles Wrote:  Joseph Smith falls in the category of false prophets.
At least not according to the Bible.
(24-04-2016 10:48 AM)Skittles Wrote:  This is why I asked you about Joseph Smith's honesty. If memory serves, Saul was a bad person, but he didn't change the character or meaning of the Jewish god (any worse than any other Christian) when he was Paul.
I don't believe Saul was a bad person. May be more misguided and confused person who later was able to repent and change. He didn't change the character of God, neither did Joseph Smith. But we can discuss it later if you wish.
(24-04-2016 10:48 AM)Skittles Wrote:  In order for you to be true to your beliefs, you must first listen to god. If you don't hear what your god says, then how do you know if Joseph Smith is telling the truth? Why would you listen to Joseph rather than god?
I hope this helped.
Cheers
I agree with your statements. But I never told you that I don't listen to my Heavenly Father.
Cheers.

24-04-2016, 06:20 PM
Skittles Wrote:I don't want to stray away from our conversation but I'm curious...

What year did this last dispensation of time start?

Cheers

It began when prophet of God Joseph Smith was sent on earth - 1805.
Paul was speaking about this dispensation in Ephisians 1:10.
Cheers

24-04-2016, 11:38 PM
(24-04-2016 05:43 PM)Alla Wrote:  I KNOW that I don't want to talk to anybody the way he talks(writes) to me.
People don't talk to me the way I talk to you because I'm not a lying, evasive, dishonest, idiot who can't think for herself who has a demonstrated history of pulling this "you use bad words" excuse to avoid answering questions and criticisms once shes been proven wrong. Again.

You have EARNED the way I talk to you fucko, by being a PROVEN lying dishonest cunt. If you act like a cunt you get treated like a cunt, my attitude towards you is in direct accordance with how you act on this forum. If you think that being polite while you lie to my face gives you the moral high ground you're a fuckin' idiot.

It is held that valour is the chiefest virtue and most dignifies the haver.
[+] 1 user Likes WhiskeyDebates's post
24-04-2016, 11:46 PM (This post was last modified: 24-04-2016 11:52 PM by Alla.)
(24-04-2016 11:38 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  People don't talk to me the way I talk to you because I'm not a lying, evasive, dishonest, idiot who can't think for herself who has a demonstrated history of pulling this "you use bad words" excuse to avoid answering questions and criticisms once shes been proven wrong. Again.

You have EARNED the way I talk to you fucko, by being a PROVEN lying dishonest cunt. If you act like a cunt you get treated like a cunt, my attitude towards you is in direct accordance with how you act on this forum. If you think that being polite while you lie to my face gives you the moral high ground you're a fuckin' idiot.
OK, now I can understand. I thank you for explaining it to me. Smile

25-04-2016, 11:05 AM
(23-04-2016 01:16 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  
(23-04-2016 01:07 PM)Alla Wrote:  We don't know exact number but it can be a long time.
Than what fucking good are you?
I let you be the judge of that.
(23-04-2016 01:16 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  Assholes like you have been saying it's the end times since before Christianity existed.
I agree, they are saying this.
(23-04-2016 01:16 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  It's a con.
you don't know this

25-04-2016, 01:17 PM
(24-04-2016 11:46 PM)Alla Wrote:  OK, now I can understand.
I really really really doubt that. Drinking Beverage

(25-04-2016 11:05 AM)Alla Wrote:  I let you be the judge of that.
My position is rather clear on this matter I should like to think.

(25-04-2016 11:05 AM)Alla Wrote:  I agree, they are saying this.
I left that rather open ended by stating that they are "saying" that, allow me to rephrase: Assholes like you have been making that shit up since long before Christianity. It has no basis in fact.

(25-04-2016 11:05 AM)Alla Wrote:  you don't know this
Yes actually I do know this. Not only is the history of conmen making claims like this to bilk credulous idiots such as yourself well documented in multiple cultures over many centuries there is also the fact that Christianity is a work of fiction and as a work of fiction any "end times" nonsense based on it is also a work of fiction by necessity.

You say these are the last days? Cool, provide your evidence. I'll wait.

It is held that valour is the chiefest virtue and most dignifies the haver.
25-04-2016, 03:06 PM
(24-04-2016 06:09 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(24-04-2016 10:48 AM)Skittles Wrote:  I've given your questions some thought, and I'm glad I did because my knee jerk reaction to your questions are that I don't believe in a god (or gods) and by extension, I don't believe your prophets to be truthful people.
I understand you, I was an atheist since I was a child. I was born and raised in communist country the USSR.

This question is totally unimportant to our conversation, but I'm curious why you decided to add a god to your thoughts/life since you weren't raised with the god concept? Or were you? Maybe I have this all wrong.

(24-04-2016 10:48 AM)Skittles Wrote:  However, that would be a conclusion to "what it means to me" without giving you a reason and I don't think that's fair to your questions.
That said, I feel it's better to bring you back to my Christian days and what it meant to be a prophet, in my own opinion, back then... Is that fair? I hope so.
(24-04-2016 06:09 PM)Alla Wrote:  It is fair and I wouldn't expect from you anything less than this.

I'm trying to learn how to separate out these quotes, and I'm not doing very well. Gasp

(24-04-2016 10:48 AM)Skittles Wrote:  A prophet needed to be completely in tune with the Jewish/Christian bible.
(24-04-2016 06:09 PM)Alla Wrote:  Who says this?
(24-04-2016 10:48 AM)Skittles Wrote:  The prophet couldn't change the meaning of the bible
(24-04-2016 06:09 PM)Alla Wrote:  Who says this?
(24-04-2016 10:48 AM)Skittles Wrote:  and certainly (most importantly) couldn't contradict the word of Jesus.
(24-04-2016 06:09 PM)Alla Wrote:  Very interesting statement. The bible has lots of contradiction. Does this Bible contradict the word of Jesus? If yes, how can I know that the prophet Joseph Smith contradicts the word of Jesus?

These three responses appear to be the key to your beliefs. You are taking the Jews beliefs and bastardizing them. They (the jews) made up the rule of monotheism and the Christians tried to swipe it from them! Do you understand? YOU are taking THEIR books and their words and telling them what it means. Do you do this to Stephen King too? Stephen King talks of a man named Randall Flagg in several of his books. Are you going to tell HIM that he's WRONG when he describes his make believe character of Randall Flagg? It's HIS "guy" and I don't see how you can tell the author what he's thinking. Even Joseph Smith wanted to get his hands on a jew to help him translate because he didn't have a clue what THEIR BOOK SAID.
http://josephsmithpapers.org/paperSummar...-1836&p=48
This was November 21st, 1835! Five years AFTER he wrote the book of Mormon! Proof that he didn't have a clue what the Jewish words said. How can he possibly write a correction to a book that he has NEVER read properly to start with?

Add to this, the book of Mormon that has absolutely NO HISTORICAL PROOF. Wheat and barley? Really? Wheat and barley in the Americas? I get you're from Russia but come on.... Really? A quick google search will dispel this myth. Maybe Joseph Smith should have been more keen on American history.

Should I mention how we have to THROW OUT all archaeological and genetic evidence to date just to pretend that Joseph Smith was honest. We would also have to THROW AWAY all known linguistic and language research. Why would we do that?

In order for Joseph Smith to be correct, we have to throw away almost everything we have FACTS for. Horses, Steel, Silk... Let's not forget PIGS! Do you know the damage the pigs caused for the Indians when the Europeans turned them loose in America? There were NO PIGS IN AMERICA until after the 1500's. I'm sorry your prophet didn't know that, but the point is, he didn't and his writings show that.

(24-04-2016 10:48 AM)Skittles Wrote:  I personally thought it was clear that god was an only god. There were no others, Exodus 20:3 and Isaiah 43:10 say it very nicely.
(24-04-2016 06:09 PM)Alla Wrote:  Not very clear. Not to me. First of all, what is "ONE god" according to the Bible?
(24-04-2016 06:09 PM)Alla Wrote:  Jesus is God according to the Bible. Father is God according to the Bible. Sounds like two Gods to me. Not one. Contradiction?

Okay, now you're getting into the Trinity and I've never understood that properly. I was never able to accept it the way the Christians taught it to me (back in the day). Personally, I ignored it. I had to in order to "believe." I had frustrated myself in my own research of it, and I'll say that it's one of the main reasons I distrusted Christianity and it was the starting point of all my research which led me to KNOW that all of it was crap. Joseph Smith and EVERY religion that comes AFTER the Christian religion that is based on the Christian religion, is WRONG because of all the evidence that's available. The most conclusive being DNA.

(24-04-2016 10:48 AM)Skittles Wrote:  I'll search for more verses if needed but, if memory serves, the bible seems to be overflowing with verses that claim only one god.
(24-04-2016 06:09 PM)Alla Wrote:  That is OK, you don't have to do this is. I agree with you. I am not one of those Christians who quotes the Bible every second and copy paste long verses. I like conversation.

Thank You! Maybe we can agree that the bible does NOT give a reliable account of any god or gods? Maybe we can go on Scientific evidence and decide why or why not it's true?

(24-04-2016 10:48 AM)Skittles Wrote:  When a prophet comes along and says there is more than one god, and that god was a human (once upon a time) then I have to say, "let the prophet PROVE his words."
(24-04-2016 06:09 PM)Alla Wrote:  How?
The Bible says that that there is more the one God - at least there are God Father and God Son.
The Bible says that God Son was a human once upon a time, to be more specific 2016 years ago.

Trinity thing again. Sorry, I've got nothing... never did. The trinity sounds "made-up" to me.

Joseph Smith writes about gods though, so he needs to PROVE something.
1. Proof of many separate gods.
2. Proof of only one god.
3. Proof of more than one god combined in a trinity.
4. Something else.

But he must have proof if he's going to deviate from the original story.

Just because some random guy says something, doesn't make it true.

(24-04-2016 10:48 AM)Skittles Wrote:  By their fruits we shall know them and I don't think Joseph Smith has very nice fruits. Again... this is a conclusion and I'd love to go over this with you.
(24-04-2016 06:09 PM)Alla Wrote:  Please, go over this with me. Your conclusion definitely is not my conclusion. Which is OK with me. I respect your opinion about prophet of God Joseph Smith.

I think we should divide this out somehow because I suck at trying to respond to each of these points, I'm not computer savvy and I'm using up too much brain power trying to divide this post out, incorrectly to boot! I'm pretty nervous as to what my response to this statement will mean in the next post... Sadcryface2

That said, I'll be kind of "flippy" here and just say,
1. The BofM is historically false on a number of issues.
2. The writings of Abraham was/is a good joke on his followers.
3. He married women that were ALREADY MARRIED. (I'll include marrying children under 16 with this.)
4. He was a KNOWN CON-ARTIST!
5. He was caught in lies "after the fact."

(24-04-2016 10:48 AM)Skittles Wrote:  The bible will give you signs of a true and false prophet,
(24-04-2016 06:09 PM)Alla Wrote:  Really? what are the signs?
(24-04-2016 10:48 AM)Skittles Wrote:  Joseph Smith falls in the category of false prophets.
At least not according to the Bible.

Isaiah 43:10 is pretty good coming from an ex-christian. The Jewish religion is monotheistic and Mormons aren't.
Isaiah 8:20, "To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no light in them."
Emphasis mine.

Again, this is the Jewish people's story and I don't understand how some guy named Joe can just come along and tell these people how wrong they are. It's THEIR story! He's going to need some pretty compelling evidence to prove otherwise.

The Christians have an entirely DIFFERENT set of qualifications. Joseph Smith doesn't qualify under their made up rules either.

(24-04-2016 10:48 AM)Skittles Wrote:  This is why I asked you about Joseph Smith's honesty. If memory serves, Saul was a bad person, but he didn't change the character or meaning of the Jewish god (any worse than any other Christian) when he was Paul.
(24-04-2016 06:09 PM)Alla Wrote:  I don't believe Saul was a bad person. May be more misguided and confused person who later was able to repent and change. He didn't change the character of God, neither did Joseph Smith. But we can discuss it later if you wish.

I'm sorry, I was still stuck on monotheism here. You couldn't have possibly known that. Undecided

(24-04-2016 10:48 AM)Skittles Wrote:  In order for you to be true to your beliefs, you must first listen to god. If you don't hear what your god says, then how do you know if Joseph Smith is telling the truth? Why would you listen to Joseph rather than god?
I hope this helped.
Cheers
(24-04-2016 06:09 PM)Alla Wrote:  I agree with your statements. But I never told you that I don't listen to my Heavenly Father.
Cheers.

How do you listen to something that doesn't have a voice? You've admitted the books are flawed. The only thing you have left is your imagination, your logic, your knowledge. If you're honest you'll admit that you are left to figure this out on your own.

If you stop listening to the lame excuses (as opposed to GOOD REASON backed by facts that you can PERSONALLY SEE) you'll start to understand it too.

Wow, am I done? lol. This took waaaaaaay to long... Wink I'll learn it though... Yes

Cheers