why would a deity need to take attendance ?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-04-2016, 12:57 PM
RE: why would a deity need to take attendance ?
Take attendance? I have a funny image in my head now. Jesus standing at the doorway of a church with a clipboard and a pen, checking off names on the list.

Well, the first four commandments are all about god. God has a gigantic ego and needs to be worshiped.

And apparently god also needs money and what better way than to charge for attendance. Nevermind that the Bible also says....."want of money is the root of all evil". God is above all the rules and the sage advice in the bible. God can do what he wants.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
08-04-2016, 02:15 PM
It is done by computers now. JC has a data base and he knows if you go to church or not.
08-04-2016, 03:19 PM
Visit any pub on any day in Australia and you will see people worshipping Bacchus. Smile

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 3 users Like Banjo's post
08-04-2016, 08:41 PM
(08-04-2016 07:25 AM)Ace Wrote:  I know the incentive the church has to make sure followers coming once a week......... to collect the 10% income tax
but why would a deity even care if we go to church, what does it gain him/her/them/it/that ?
Great question. I am more than happy to answer it.
True Church of true God is a place where I can renew my covenant with God by partaking of Sacrament and where I can spiritually prepare myself for new week. 6 days of the week I have to take care of my temporal needs. Being in Church on Sunday is like getting some spiritual fuel that helps me to go on during whole next week.
Church is one of the sources of oil for my lamp.
(08-04-2016 07:25 AM)Ace Wrote:  and what could theists say to justify gods desire for people to go there on a weekly basis?
In order to have bread on the table and roof above the head someone has to work. Then on Sunday this someone gets more spiritual fuel so it will be much easier to endure trials of each new day/week, whatever trials may be. We(all of us) need to be strong when we have trials and hardship.

(08-04-2016 07:25 AM)Ace Wrote:  what got me this curios was The Big Bang Theory, season 3 Episode 23
Hmm, I don't understand the connection but it is because I didn't watch season 3, episode 23

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
08-04-2016, 08:42 PM
(08-04-2016 03:19 PM)Banjo Wrote:  Visit any pub on any day in Australia and you will see people worshipping Bacchus. Smile
Laugh out load

08-04-2016, 10:45 PM
(08-04-2016 08:41 PM)Alla Wrote:  Great question. I am more than happy to answer it.
True Church of true God is a place where I can renew my covenant with God by partaking of Sacrament and where I can spiritually prepare myself for new week. 6 days of the week I have to take care of my temporal needs. Being in Church on Sunday is like getting some spiritual fuel that helps me to go on during whole next week.
Church is one of the sources of oil for my lamp.

why do you need to renew it every week ? and how does it prepare you for the remaining 6 days of week ?
if church is "one" of the sources then what are the other ones ?

Quote: In order to have bread on the table and roof above the head someone has to work.
yes this applies to all living things

Quote:Then on Sunday this someone gets more spiritual fuel so it will be much easier to endure trials of each new day/week, whatever trials may be. We(all of us) need to be strong when we have trials and hardship.

and what exactly is this fuel ? cause we apostates seem to be doing pretty well without it

Quote: Hmm, I don't understand the connection but it is because I didn't watch season 3, episode 23

here's the part of the episode

08-04-2016, 10:53 PM
(08-04-2016 12:57 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Take attendance? I have a funny image in my head now. Jesus standing at the doorway of a church with a clipboard and a pen, checking off names on the list.

Well, the first four commandments are all about god. God has a gigantic ego and needs to be worshiped.

I've had the same image in my head too
lets not forget the 10th commandment, no boiling baby goats in its mothers milk... seriously who the fuck even wrote this shit

Quote: And apparently god also needs money and what better way than to charge for attendance. Nevermind that the Bible also says....."want of money is the root of all evil". God is above all the rules and the sage advice in the bible. God can do what he wants.

it would explains why the OT is the way it is, inconsistent and impossible
[+] 2 users Like Ace's post
08-04-2016, 11:06 PM
(08-04-2016 10:45 PM)Ace Wrote:  why do you need to renew it every week ?
Because once a week seems to me is not too often and not too seldom but just right. So, I can agree on that with God. I can understand why He gave this kind of commandment.
(08-04-2016 10:45 PM)Ace Wrote:  and how does it prepare you for the remaining 6 days of week ?
I have so much inspiration from what I learn there every Sunday that it creates great desire to be a better person and be more like God/Gods.
(08-04-2016 10:45 PM)Ace Wrote:  if church is "one" of the sources then what are the other ones ?
Scriptures, Service, Temple
(08-04-2016 10:45 PM)Ace Wrote:  and what exactly is this fuel ?
Spirit.
(08-04-2016 10:45 PM)Ace Wrote:  cause we apostates seem to be doing pretty well without it
First of all, you are not an apostate if you never rejected what you had.
Second of all, I am not talking about just doing well. I am talking about being strong in KEEPING God's LAWS no matter what happens in your life. It is not always easy to be faithful to the covenants you make with God while life overwhelms you.
By getting extra fuel at the Church every Sunday I can go on with my daily life REMEMBERING my covenants with God and KEEPING them.
Every law of God has a reason and makes sense when you PRACTICE it.

08-04-2016, 11:10 PM
(08-04-2016 10:45 PM)Ace Wrote:  here's the part of the episode

Laugh out load
Oh, I love this show.
P.S. I see the connection now Big Grin

09-04-2016, 09:36 AM
(08-04-2016 11:06 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(08-04-2016 10:45 PM)Ace Wrote:  why do you need to renew it every week ?
Because once a week seems to me is not too often and not too seldom but just right. So, I can agree on that with God. I can understand why He gave this kind of commandment.
(08-04-2016 10:45 PM)Ace Wrote:  and how does it prepare you for the remaining 6 days of week ?
I have so much inspiration from what I learn there every Sunday that it creates great desire to be a better person and be more like God/Gods.
(08-04-2016 10:45 PM)Ace Wrote:  if church is "one" of the sources then what are the other ones ?
Scriptures, Service, Temple
(08-04-2016 10:45 PM)Ace Wrote:  and what exactly is this fuel ?
Spirit.
(08-04-2016 10:45 PM)Ace Wrote:  cause we apostates seem to be doing pretty well without it
First of all, you are not an apostate if you never rejected what you had.
Second of all, I am not talking about just doing well. I am talking about being strong in KEEPING God's LAWS no matter what happens in your life. It is not always easy to be faithful to the covenants you make with God while life overwhelms you.
By getting extra fuel at the Church every Sunday I can go on with my daily life REMEMBERING my covenants with God and KEEPING them.
Every law of God has a reason and makes sense when you PRACTICE it.

It's sad how convinced you are of this which is the exact same logic used of a soviet totalitarian controlled regime. This is our laws and they make sense when you follow our laws. You will be rewarded when you do.

Sorry to say because it's a higher proclaimed authority, doesn't make it actually legitimate.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 1 user Likes ClydeLee's post